The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Night Capping

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thallia wrote: »
    But if its people basically CHEATING or EXPLOITING peoples sleep! Then that is not fine in any way!

Lol wut? All three factions have several players in Australia who are just looking for PvP. Ok sure, taking an enemy's home keeps when there is no one on to defend is pretty lame, and an unopposed scroll run seems like a terrible bore, but there are so many more significant issues with PvP that are causing people to leave the game- and that's ultimately why "night-capping" is an issue in the first place. There will always be people who actually like to PvDoor and take back the map in the morning.

You might as well tell people to stop zerging while you're at it.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Your nightcap is Aussie's primetime.

Yep which is why there should be a campaign timelocked to Ausie prime time instead of US time and the rest being timelocked to US time.

That way the Ausie and nightworking players have a server where they have much better chance of action and they wont break the game for people in the prime time.
    I hope you understand how ridiculous this sounds
    #MOREORBS
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Your nightcap is Aussie's primetime.

Yep which is why there should be a campaign timelocked to Ausie prime time instead of US time and the rest being timelocked to US time.

That way the Ausie and nightworking players have a server where they have much better chance of action and they wont break the game for people in the prime time.

The first ever nerf Aussies thread! Stop breaking our game Aussies (Kiwis you're cool just L2P)
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds to me like a low lvl EP player who QQ's to much cuz her/his faction refuses to night cap. OMFG different time zones dude/girl. EU players play on NA when NA players sleep. its not night capping its purely called different time zones. I don't see us calling a pacific cough cough methuselah/daniel a night capper do you? NO its purely different time zones so get off your pedestal!

as for methuselah and Daniel just used you guys as an example. no harm
  • Greiver
    Greiver
    ✭✭✭
    They should just remove pvp from this game. It's so far gone and broke that it's not even fun. Not to mention pushing many players away. It's clear Zenimac doesn't know how to fix their game, or there would have been at least some kind of improvement.
    Edited by Greiver on January 2, 2016 7:55PM
    Ps4 Na Daggerfall
    Elders of Daggerfall
    High Elf Sorc
    Catshit Nightblade
    Imperial Templar
    Dark elf Dk
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a non-US player, I would like to submit my request that you stop night capping me for all the reasons and arguments you posted, but in my favour. Thank you!
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greiver wrote: »
    They should just remove pvp from this game. It's so far gone and broke that it's not even fun. Not to mention pushing many players away. It's clear Zenimac doesn't know how to fix their game, or there would have been at least some kind of improvement.

If PvP is removed from this game then I will be removed from this game. PvP is pretty much the only end-game content I actually enjoy.
    PC/EU DC
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Once you are so unfortunate as to be drawn into a war, no price is too great to pay for an early and victorious peace." -- Winston Churchill (December 1918)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 2, 2016 8:26PM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still waiting for Thallia to pay my sub.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thallia wrote: »
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    What about them pesky morning cappers and then the worst ones who are prime time cappers? If a map is a solid color it only means one thing......the other two factions got out played (doesn't matter what time of the day it is). End of story and please just stop with the QQ as it's not even worth mentioning 2 years after launch.

I must say,

My faction got really outplayed at 5am in the morning when suddenly 2 zergs of 'aussie players' (sarcasm) came online at only 1 faction...... dont act like night capping doest happen and that we just got 'outplayed'

I get how u feel but cyrodill is an active war zone. If I was a general and I knew the enemy cap soldiers are all napping id kick my men awake and say lets go drop a bomb on these snoozing noobs. You snooze u lose? Wahahaa.

Jokes aside I stay in Singapore which shares the gmt+8 time zone wit Aussies and most of the people I play with are Aussies. There are a significant number of people who are not playing during your prime time. You seem to think that only tiny groups of 3-5 players are playing who actually live in these time zones. As someone from these time zones I'm doing my civic duty of informing you that this assumption is just that; an assumption. There are tons of people who play during those times and it's actually a small minority of people actually night capping. Your asking zos to nuke the majority of us who play with no mal intent to deal with the small minority of night cappers.

(2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "But durr server says North Americans boy. Either you go sleep when I do, or go back to Commie land you coward!"
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue - forever. The real solution is to find people who play for your faction in these time slots when the enemy is PvDooring your campaign - and have the PvD people get farmed by an organized group:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/119624/na-dawnbreaker-lf-oceanic-dc-players#latest

Worked back then - will work now.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll worry about night-capping when winning a campaign means something.

Also, WTB 8 hour campaign, score calculated every 15 minutes. Keeps reset at each start.
    Edited by Sallington on January 7, 2016 5:02PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Heanz
    Heanz
    ✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    This has been an issue - forever. The real solution is to find people who play for your faction in these time slots when the enemy is PvDooring your campaign - and have the PvD people get farmed by an organized group:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/119624/na-dawnbreaker-lf-oceanic-dc-players#latest

Worked back then - will work now.

I'm an Aussie Dc player and i support this post. However the majority of the time we are grossly out numbered (don't get me wrong some nights the US guys play late and we do ok but for the most part we are way outnumbered) even if we did band together I am not to sure we could pull to much off. The yellow glory reconfirmed this last night
    **DC** Daddy Fat Sacks, Fiery Fat Sacks & Blood Mantra
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's really funny is that it's OP's faction that is the most notorious for doing it. The real fix would be to force the other side of the world to play a different faction, for the dread of Sithis! What's with the seemingly pathological fixation with elves and kittens? There are two other factions, you know.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So anytime you are not on is night capping... Catch a clue. I live in Cali so when I get home from work at 4:30 pm and play for a couple of hours the east coast ad are then signing off for the night. Then the UK and Aussies are on thier prime time which happens to be your night time.... No one gets up in the middle of the night to grief you. Well I might.... If I didn't have a job.... Like EP. Whoops that was supposed to be my internal voice. My bad.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Thallia
    Thallia
    ✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    So anytime you are not on is night capping... Catch a clue. I live in Cali so when I get home from work at 4:30 pm and play for a couple of hours the east coast ad are then signing off for the night. Then the UK and Aussies are on thier prime time which happens to be your night time.... No one gets up in the middle of the night to grief you. Well I might.... If I didn't have a job.... Like EP. Whoops that was supposed to be my internal voice. My bad.

Maybe for your main campaign, not for mine.

If you're feeling abit salty or mad for what some nightcappers did on the EP then you know how I feel.

Also sure for US I can understand that this is very hard to understand for you guys and that nightcapping isnt really a thing on US as the East and West have very different timezones. But in EU where its pretty much all one time zone (couple hours ahead or behind maybe) its a different story.

Im sorry if im offending some people with what I have said about the status of Nightcaps on the EU servers, I wasnt thinking of the US, apologies.
    EP:
    Vesari - Woof Elf NB VR16
    Erenwyn - High Elf Templar VR16
    'Elayne - High Elf Sorc 20
    Erenweyn - High Elf Templar 17
    Sax-In-Da-City - Dark Elf Dragon Knight 4

DC:
    Ammir - Redguard Templar 35
    Thallia - Breton NB 25
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have maybe mentioned that you mean EU Server. ;)
    And also, when people decide to play on another Server then there is not much you can do about it. Part of the game!
    I have never heared anyone on the NA Server complain cause I am from Europe.

Might take some sugar in your coffee tomorrow morning. Could help. Hehe
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean it is not AD's fault they have a 40-60 man 'organized' team running around. When I have been online with z group running around I can normally muster ~5 people?

This use to be EP's primary point accumulator though so it is funny to see the tables turned :)

DC has to just wait for our Japanese guild to mature!
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW the EP emp push last night was fun, epic and how it should be. From 1 keep to go to 3 in the matter of minutes. Zone chat was a troll fest as well as DC's obsession with scolls continued to help EP's emp push by taking AD's Black Bootay and Blood man.
    Edited by MountainHound on January 11, 2016 1:24PM
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Night capping would not be such a big problem if small groups could actually fight back against the bigger groups (if they know what they're doing). My issue is not with the nightcappers, but with the zerg ballers who continue to zerg even when it's clear that they outnumber the opposition 10 to 1. The fact that you've pushed the other 2 alliance to their last 2 keeps should tell you just how much opposition you're facing. And yet, most of the time, these zerg groups see 5 enemies taking a resource, and suddenly they're stacking up and letting the barriers fly. I mean, really? Against 5 people? lol.

• Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    felinith66 wrote: »
    Night capping would not be such a big problem if small groups could actually fight back against the bigger groups (if they know what they're doing). My issue is not with the nightcappers, but with the zerg ballers who continue to zerg even when it's clear that they outnumber the opposition 10 to 1. The fact that you've pushed the other 2 alliance to their last 2 keeps should tell you just how much opposition you're facing. And yet, most of the time, these zerg groups see 5 enemies taking a resource, and suddenly they're stacking up and letting the barriers fly. I mean, really? Against 5 people? lol.

5.png

Well said.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭

The 3 bars against the 1 bar of the other 2 factions should be a good indication as well.

I took Roe resource yesterday and a group of 15-20 showed up < 1 minute later.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The 3 bars against the 1 bar of the other 2 factions should be a good indication as well.

This happens to me on a daily basis. Either it's noone coming or its 10+ :trollface: smallscale is ded
    EU | PC
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    Well simple fix to this problem, players are only allowed to PVP when and players agree what time is playable. No more 24/7 PVP, only when it's convenient for the other and we will have no deaths and no clear winning side, so we all get sticker for participation.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭

Well, if I was the enemy and I saw u taking a resource, I'd be weary, too about getting bombed by CN out of nowhere, lol.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet, most of the time, these zerg groups see 5 enemies taking a resource, and suddenly they're stacking up and letting the barriers fly. I mean, really? Against 5 people? lol.
    Well, if I was the enemy and I saw u taking a resource, I'd be weary, too about getting bombed by CN out of nowhere, lol.

@MountainHound is known as a CN leader (believed to be the leader of the PuG / group number 7 ;-) so if he's seen, there's the possibility of a full 24 person raid popping out of stealth. Better to be safe than sorry and waste a minute of a few more peoples' time taking the resource than get bombed. There's also the Continuous Attacks buff that can be refreshed for everyone, so if 50 opponents come to the resource, it's very possible that they all want their buff and don't really care about the one opponent there.

I've had the same thing happen to me a lot lately - I've been running mostly solo or 2-4 person groups the past 2 months, and we'll have full raid groups descend upon us when seen somewhere. I generally assume it's because someone says, "Oh my god! I saw Crown! The #CrownZerg must be there! Hey everyone the whole AD population is at Aleswell mine get there now!" It makes me laugh, and if my presence somewhere can pull a full raid group away from an actual fight, then I've probably been more effective for the campaign than if I were fighting as part of a larger group.
    Edited by Crown on January 11, 2016 4:29PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    And yet, most of the time, these zerg groups see 5 enemies taking a resource, and suddenly they're stacking up and letting the barriers fly. I mean, really? Against 5 people? lol.

@MountainHound is known as a CN leader (believed to be the leader of the PuG / group number 7 ;-) so if he's seen, there's the possibility of a full 24 person raid popping out of stealth. Better to be safe than sorry and waste a minute of a few more peoples' time taking the resource than get bombed. There's also the Continuous Attacks buff that can be refreshed for everyone, so if 50 opponents come to the resource, it's very possible that they all want their buff and don't really care about the one opponent there.

I've had the same thing happen to me a lot lately - I've been running mostly solo or 2-4 person groups the past 2 months, and we'll have full raid groups descend upon us when seen somewhere. I generally assume it's because someone says, "Oh my god! I saw Crown! The #CrownZerg must be there! Hey everyone the whole AD population is at Aleswell mine get there now!" It makes me laugh, and if my presence somewhere can pull a full raid group away from an actual fight, then I've probably been more effective for the campaign than if I were fighting as part of a larger group.

It has come to my attention that any DC pug not recognized by the enemy is now a CN member.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has come to my attention that any DC pug not recognized by the enemy is now a CN member.

Just as any AD pug is a member of the #CrownZerg :-)
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »

Just as any AD pug is a member of the #CrownZerg :-)

We should rename DC to Chuck Norris Covenant & AD to Crown's Dominion :P

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK