The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Get Magicka Detonation Fast?

leem1988
leem1988
✭✭✭
I have a lvl 33 nb, and my assault line is almost halfway through 5. How many more levels would it take to unlock magicka detonation?
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is unlocked at 7 according to my app.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell you which level you'll be as there's two many variables.

It is based on alliance points not xp. You should be able to Google it and fond out exactly how much AP each rank requires
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    So would it be possible to get to assault rank 7 before I hit lvl 50? I would need to gain like 1.1 million ap.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's total is something like 1.6 mil to reach 7
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible. Depends on how fast you earn AP and how fast you earn XP. You can earn AP without any XP and vice versa.

I would guess that you would if you mainly or exclusively play PvP. Keep at it, you're doing fine.
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the great replies.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have the gold flow dont forget to repair, repair, repair. You'll get ap without xp, and if you're lucky when you repair people will run off leaving you to enjoy that d-tick. The uesp article on alliance ranks is a solid bet if your looking to find ap totals, how much per rank etc.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the gold flow dont forget to repair, repair, repair. You'll get ap without xp, and if you're lucky when you repair people will run off leaving you to enjoy that d-tick. The uesp article on alliance ranks is a solid bet if your looking to find ap totals, how much per rank etc.

Ur talking about buying wall repair kits for 90 gold?

I thought about it, that's 90 gold per 27 AP. 900 gold for 270 AP (dur) so for 1k AP approx 3500 gold. I could purchase 6k worth of AP atm, I really dunno if it's worth doing, the amount of time dedicated to wall repair may actually take longer than a defensive tick, (or offensive)

As I said I dunno... but something to think about.

If you buy repair kit with AP, you get 8% return, also dunno if its worth it (esp if you consider what you can purchase with AP and sell for gold right now)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give you some tips:

Play in Azura! The AP gains are just much higher there than in non-vet.

Repair! Repairing doors with wood is a better return on investment. I think if you pick up the Ritual mundus you repair for a little more, and get a little more AP. If you are a DK, pop Igneous Shield, because Major Mending applies to wall repairs, thus more AP.

Use Regeneration (or it's morphs) and follow the zerg. Try to tag everyone you can. This will give you AP for healing them, but you shouldn't get any XP for kills.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twink inc... anyway don't bother, by the time you have it, the next patch will be here which will bring a much needed re-adjustment/design to proxy det.
  • Dkill
    Dkill
    ✭✭✭
    leem1988 wrote: »
    I have a lvl 33 nb, and my assault line is almost halfway through 5. How many more levels would it take to unlock magicka detonation?

Arround Alliance rank 17 you get Proxy
    BLUE IS THE ONLY WAY OF LIFE
    Illiana VR16 Red Guard Night Blade DC
    Kinkanon VR16 Breton Sorc DC
    Buquenke VR16 Imperial Templar DC
  • recnepsXsmash
    recnepsXsmash
    Soul Shriven
    Magic det is unlocked at ava rank 15
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    With a total of 1.6 million AP needed, you have about .5 of that earned. Since there are ways to earn AP without gaining xp, it is possible. But how much fun is tick farming, solo zerg healing and repairing actually going to be?

Assuming wall repair and buffed healing, you need to repair 33,000 times for 1 million AP. That's about 28 hours of solid wall repair. Not counting travel time to new keeps.

If you are killing people, you can expect to get 2x the xp s you get AP. So 1 million AP gets you 2 million xp. That's a very variable ratio, but assuming this best case scenario, you're looking at gaining 20 levels

It's just not worth it, unless you're doing it just for bragging rights and trolling.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I unlocked magicka det at lvl 27 on one of my toons, just need to get AP without xp. Repair walls or heal a group of vet players. It requires 1.6mil AP though so it may take awhile if you avoid xp.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel