The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

magicka NB

Knootewoot
Knootewoot
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Are these good stats for magicka NB?

I have seen people with 3.5k and 4k spell power, but i just don't know how to get it higher. Yes, i could get less regeneration. I have both stealhed and unstealhed displayed. There was one scroll which gave 5% increase in out possession. Odly enough, when i logged in i had 2900 stealhed. But after 5 mins (i put new disease enchants on both swords) it went around 2600.

magicka.jpg

i have put 98 points in traumatize and 15 in spell power and the spell resistance.

All armor is light armor divines. And i use apprentice (=spellpower) mundus. Swords are nirnhorned and i use a magnus staff.

I got the jewels one with spell power and 2 rings with regeneration. So i could get another 320 spellpower from there but then less regeneration.

Thanks for any insight :smile:
Edited by Knootewoot on December 30, 2015 5:52PM
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
"I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but I think your magicka recovery is low. Depend of skills are you using imo. Wich spells you use on your main skill bar ?
    If you improve your swords in legendary quality, you can have more spell damages, and switch your enchants on your willpower set for magicka recovery instead of spell damages. And last question, with olny 706 in stamina recovery you don't have issue in fight ?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vâo wrote: »
    Interesting, but I think your magicka recovery is low. Depend of skills are you using imo. Wich spells you use on your main skill bar ?
    If you improve your swords in legendary quality, you can have more spell damages, and switch your enchants on your willpower set for magicka recovery instead of spell damages. And last question, with olny 706 in stamina recovery you don't have issue in fight ?

Currenly

DW:

- fear
    - lotus fan
    - concealed weapon
    - cloak
    - sap or camo hunter
    - clouding swarm

Resto

- piercing mark / double take
    - healing ward
    - magicka bomb
    - efficient purge
    - shadow or any other fun skill
    - meteor or dawnbreaker of smithing

I can upper the magicka regeberation by changing mundus to atronach and thus taking advantage of my divines trait. But then my spell power goes downwards :)

And use drinks instead of food.

And yes, caltrops with this build is a deathmark. i can't get out of it lol. But i am bad at theorycrafting so i just don't know how to keep it up while keeping spell power also up.

I tried once willpower set which was great together with oblivions foe. But i lost that armor and don't have mats to make it again. I'd miss the spellpower from archemage and magnus. but have regeneration for all 3 stats at a decent rate.
    Edited by Knootewoot on December 30, 2015 6:56PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok i made the weapons yellow. It's now 2586 spell damage and stealhed 2844. Gonna sacrifice some to get my amulet with magicka regeneration so all 3 jewels are regenerated. I will have less spell power again but more regeneration. I can always go atronach for mroe regeneration.

anyway, are the stats any good? Or do i miss something. I always hear 4k damage and 2.5k regeneration from other people but i just don't know how. Goes both for stamina and magicka build. I got around 390 CP's.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    A lot depends on your play style and skills you plan to use. Frankly, I have about 2.8k unstealthed Spellpower and 41k Magika on my breton Magika NB. I have only about 1400 regen, but it's fine since the majority of the time i use Swallow Soul instead of concealed. Swallow soul is incredibly cheap dps, and ranged. Along with a self heal. The only draw back comes when you are fighting a magika DK. My toolip on swallow soul is 8.9k, unbuffed/unstealthed. Frankly I went with stacking spell cost reduction (especially since you're a breton anyway). So, I use Seducer set. My 9k swallow souls cost me about... 850 mana a pop. I do not run Vamp though, since I have no desire to get gibbed by dawnbreakers.

Hmmm... your spell crit is lower than your weapon crit. I assume you don't have your champ points setup correctly there for a magika build boss.
    Edited by Dositheus on December 31, 2015 12:34AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dositheus wrote: »
    A lot depends on your play style and skills you plan to use. Frankly, I have about 2.8k unstealthed Spellpower and 41k Magika on my breton Magika NB. I have only about 1400 regen, but it's fine since the majority of the time i use Swallow Soul instead of concealed. Swallow soul is incredibly cheap dps, and ranged. Along with a self heal. The only draw back comes when you are fighting a magika DK. My toolip on swallow soul is 8.9k, unbuffed/unstealthed. Frankly I went with stacking spell cost reduction (especially since you're a breton anyway). So, I use Seducer set. My 9k swallow souls cost me about... 850 mana a pop. I do not run Vamp though, since I have no desire to get gibbed by dawnbreakers.

Hmmm... your spell crit is lower than your weapon crit. I assume you don't have your champ points setup correctly there for a magika build boss.

I have 15 points in the spell crit. I think the weapon crit comes because I have camo-hunter slotted.

I used swallow soul at first also a lot. It's good heal+damage for very little cost. I could spam it forever and never run out of magicka. I also then put a load of points in the healing bonuses in champ points. I solod a lot of dungeons in craglorn with that setup using also sap essence.
    Edited by Knootewoot on December 31, 2015 9:12AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

I have 15 points in the spell crit. I think the weapon crit comes because I have camo-hunter slotted.

I used swallow soul at first also a lot. It's good heal+damage for very little cost. I could spam it forever and never run out of magicka. I also then put a load of points in the healing bonuses in champ points. I solod a lot of dungeons in craglorn with that setup using also sap essence.

He mean't the passive in the champion tree that gives you 12% spell crit, also drop camo hunter it's useless for magicka users.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ah yes, i do have the 12% passive (30 points in that tree to get it). With scroll bonuses it was 30% today

I dropped camo hunter and have swallow soul for the siphon passives. I get the 20% extra spell damage with potions instead of entropy or sap essence. Stam users can stay in stealth while activating 2-handed rally. But with sap or entropy i have to attack with it before i get it.

I enchanted all my jewels with magicka regeneration. I now have just above 2k regeneration and 2.8 damage while stealthed (with scroll bonusses) but without the 20%. so i think it will be 3.3k damage with the 20% extra damage from potions when in stealth.

I logged in to check:

spelldamage: 2547 / 2789
    regeneration: 2119

This was with a purple drink for extra regen though. 386 for stam+mag and 420 for health.

This is without a 20% damage drink
    Edited by Knootewoot on December 31, 2015 10:41AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    I personally find high regen is more key on my stam NB than my magika nb. The reduced cost of spells, and general efficiency seems to make it less of a concern. As for a non-combat oriented heal.. what are you using for your off bar? I think.... 99% of Magika NB run Resto Staff off bar for Healing Ward. Much as 99% of stam users run two hander... for Rally and/or burger flip (wrecking).
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i run healing ward and im levelling combat prayer. I find magicka management also easier on my mag-blade. But when i am stam-blade i use shadow walker set. You can cloak during a fight and just stand still while gaining a lot of stamina and health. Unless someone actually uses a cloak encounter, but then one should do it behind a rock or something,
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sigh, i feel stupid. i forgot to put points in the Light armor passives. now i have 3k magicka regeneration lol.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should be minimum 32% spell crit.

Passives from light armor and champ tree sits you there.

Also, I like a lot higher regen than that. Spamming cloak and double take to get out of trouble quickly uses your magica up. I like these on the same bars as well as concealed weapon for super stealth speed.

Also, probably want a Siphoning ability on both bars to get the 8% extra magica bonus. Crippling grasp is a great opener. Dot and snare. I run that on my back bar, Swallow soul on my front. Swallow soul is an amazing skill by the way. Good damage, practically zero cost and it heals you.

You could drop purge. Have you gone dark cloak or shadowy disguise? Shadow Cloak removes most negative effects.
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knoote I ran with that exact set up until a few days ago. I went with Atronach as mundus with 6 divines and 1 impen.

Dunmer Vamp.
    My CP (345) - Giving me about 2k regen. 3.4k spell power (buffed)
    Armour 5-1-1
    Purple V15 food.

APPRENTICE BLESSED 17
    APPRENTICE ELFBORN 10
    APPRENTICE SPELL EROSION 10
    RITUAL THAUMATURGE 78

TOWER MAGICIAN 46
    LOVER ARCANIST 54
    SHADOW TUMBLING 15

STEED SPELL SHIELD 1
    STEED RESISTANT 48
    LADY LIGHT ARMOUR 18
    LADY HARDY 24
    LADY ELE DEFENDER 24

I have swapped to 5 Julianos / 4 Magnus / 3 Willpower for more SP and slightly less regen.
    Edited by AllPlayAndNoWork on January 1, 2016 2:15PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Also, I like a lot higher regen than that. Spamming cloak and double take to get out of trouble quickly uses your magica up. I like these on the same bars as well as concealed weapon for super stealth speed.

Also, probably want a Siphoning ability on both bars to get the 8% extra magica bonus. Crippling grasp is a great opener. Dot and snare. I run that on my back bar, Swallow soul on my front. Swallow soul is an amazing skill by the way. Good damage, practically zero cost and it heals you.

You could drop purge. Have you gone dark cloak or shadowy disguise? Shadow Cloak removes most negative effects.

I have dark cloak for purging, but i run (efficient) purge to get rid of mark and because i am mostly one of the main door sieger with the big treestump thing and i purge because of oilers. Indeed with the light armor i am now at around 32% spell crit :). I feel stupid for not adding the LA tree earlier but i just forgot about it lol.

How much magicka regeneration and spell damage do you guys have then?
    Knoote I ran with that exact set up until a few days ago. I went with Atronach as mundus with 6 divines and 1 impen.

I have swapped to 5 Julianos / 4 Magnus / 3 Willpower for more SP and slightly less regen.

I can create a full julianos set but at V15 and only purple. Since I only PvP i don't make money hehe. How much is the difference between V15 en V16?

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have dark cloak for purging, but i run (efficient) purge to get rid of mark and because i am mostly one of the main door sieger with the big treestump thing and i purge because of oilers. Indeed with the light armor i am now at around 32% spell crit :). I feel stupid for not adding the LA tree earlier but i just forgot about it lol.

I can create a full julianos set but at V15 and only purple. Since I only PvP i don't make money hehe. How much is the difference between V15 en V16?

Inside Cyrodiil, in stealth:

28.5k magica
    20k health
    9k stam

2300 magica recovery
    490 health recovery
    1100 stam recovery

3600 spell damage
    52% spell crit

20k spell resist
    8100 physical resist

That's on my dual weild (main dps bar) with swarm as ultimate.

I run:
    5 julianos
    1 Molag kena
    3 torug's (2 on resto)
    3 willpower

Nirn on sword and resto (as I run soul tether ans crippling grasp on back bar)

Divines on everything, apprentice mundus stone.

I'm a breton vamp. I run tri stat drinks in Cyrodiil
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 1, 2016 2:48PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Inside Cyrodiil, in stealth:

28.5k magica
    20k health
    9k stam

2300 magica recovery
    490 health recovery
    1100 stam recovery

3600 spell damage
    52% spell crit

20k spell resist
    8100 physical resist

That's on my dual weild (main dps bar) with swarm as ultimate.

I run:
    5 julianos
    1 Molag kena
    3 torug's (2 on resto)
    3 willpower

Nirn on sword and resto (as I run soul tether ans crippling grasp on back bar)

Divines on everything, apprentice mundus stone.

I'm a breton vamp. I run tri stat drinks in Cyrodiil

Buffed with 20% empower or unbuffed?

I wait for Molag Kena to be on PvP vendor. Never got it the old way.

Thanks all for the replies. Apart from the lag which lets my lotus fan fail all the time it's fun with this setup :)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶