The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB healing set up VR1 help please

Yaricx
Yaricx
First off please don't post something saying if I want to heal, roll a templar. I feel like the way NB is set up it can be a great healer.

Basically I am looking for input as to skill set ups and combos you use.

I didn't level as a healer but have back barred resto to this point and have unlocked springs, rapid, healing ward and combat prayer. I was thinking that something like the following could work but would like help.

Resto bar: Healing Springs, Rapid Regeneration, Combat Prayer, Healing Ward, and Funnel Health with the ultimate being the other morph or soul tether ( I forget the name. The one that doesn't do dmg but shields) I have thought or dropping something Here for Inner light as well.

Destro bar: Here is where I am sort of clueless. I could see path or restoration (forgive me if wrong name) structured entropy or sap essence for so buff, elemental drain, cleanse ( once I get from pvp) and inner light if double bar or execute or shadow image to help dps or blur or harness magicka.

Let me know what you think. Thank you for any help provided.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB are great healers: I've been healing a lot before the Wrothgar update when I had the gear sets to do so.

Attributes: 64 Magicka
    Mundus Stone: Atronach -> more Magicka Regen is better
    Champion Points:
    Warrior
    - Lady: 100 in Hardy
    - Lord: rest in Quick Recovery

Thief
    - Lover: 100 in Arcanist
    - Tower: rest in Magician

Mage
    - Ritual: 100 in Thaumaturge
    - Apprentice: rest in Blessed

However, remember when receiving CP for the Mage, put the first 30 in Apprentice for that 12% Spell Crit passives, then move to the Ritual and when you have 100 points in there move back to Apprentice. That 12% Spell Crit is very important, even as a healer.

Gear:
    There's lots of great gear options, but start out with 5 pcs Magnus for that Spell Cost proc and 4 pcs Seducer for regen. Or if you can craft it/find someone to craft it, Kagrenac's Hope is a great set as well. Grab 5 pcs of that then and mix it with Seducer.

Skills:

Bar 1: Dual Wield

- Inner Light
    - Funnel Health
    - Sap Essence/Structured Entropy
    - Refreshing Path
    - Siphoning Attacks

Ulti: Soul Tether/Devouring Swarm if you're a Vamp

Start out with Refreshing Path followed by a Sap Essence/Structured Entropy for the 20% extra Spell Damage. Siphoning to help your resources and Funnel Health is your main DPS move which is cheap in cost and heals 2 allies as well (which also generates more Ultimate).

Bar 2: Restoration Staff

- Inner Light
    - Healing Springs
    - Rapid Regeneration
    - Combat Prayer
    - Healing Ward

Ulti: Veil of Blades

Pretty straightforward here: start with Rapid Regen and Combat prayer for buffs, heal with Springs and pop a shield when an ally is low on HP. Veil of Blades is needed to assist the tank when fighting a boss: pretty sure he'll appreciate not having to take all the damage from bosses

This was my setup back in the day and it worked pretty nicely. I'm also sure that when it comes to healing, a NB can perform just as well as a Templar. So give it a try :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Sukenlihol
    Sukenlihol
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, of course you can be great healer. But NB healer needs more effort than Templar.

As a NB healer, you don't have burst heal (Forget about Combat Prayer for burst heal, it's require targeting), but you have excellent HoTs (Healing over Time).

In crisis situations, You should save time for your HoTs. If you can keep away your group member from death for a few seconds, then your powerful HoTs will restore his HP. So, your solution is a bubble: Ward Ally (other morph of Healing Ward). Don't use Healing Ward as a PvE Healer. Ward Ally is more reliable.

You can't be a stamina giver, but you can turn into a magicka fountain. :) Use destro staff at your off bar and throw elemental drain to mobs and bosses.

Thaumaturge, Blessed and Bastion are your best friends.

Thief and Ritual are a good options for Mundus.

When you learned using your buff skills effectively with Spell Power Cure set, NB healer will be so fun.
    Edited by Sukenlihol on December 31, 2015 12:24PM