The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stats Change Based on World?

Bunndale
Bunndale
Hey guys,

I am new to ESO, and I have searched far and wide for an answer to this question but I could not find one, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find the answer anywhere...

I noticed that when I travelled to a new world (I don't remember what it was called now), all the enemies were automatically lvl 16. I am lvl 8. I thought that it would be really difficult and that I would die often, but then I looked at my gear & weapon stats and they had all increased! For example - my overall physical resistance normally is around 2200, but in this world is jumped to over 11000!

Is this normal? Does the game adjust your gear and weapon stats to make it easier to traverse higher level worlds?

If so - that just seems too easy! Is there any way to turn this off? If the world is too high for my level I would prefer just not playing it until I level up more.

Thank you so much in advance!! :smile:
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you went to Wrothgar or Cyrodiil, yes. You get battle-leveled.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP enabled zones like Cyrodiil and Imperiac City and for the DLC zones like Imperial City and Wrothgar, you will be battle-leveled to VR15 (unless you are already VR15 or VR16). In other zones that are non-PvP and part of the base game, such as your home Alliance areas, the home zones for other Alliances (part of Cadwell's Silver and Gold), and the Craglorn adventure zone, you will not be battle-leveled.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Bunndale
    Bunndale
    Thank you both so much. I was going crazy trying to find an answer!