Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

lorebooks and mages guild

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i'm playing a character since the release of the game, that, as far as i remember, does nothing when finding a lorebook, i just get the usual message about the finding and nothing more happens, but recently i started playing a new character and with that character for every lorebook i find i get an increase in the mages guild level. is this something that stops at some point or have i done something wrong with my first character?

i've been wondering for some time about this, and i tried to find some answer in the forum but couldn't...
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you didn't pick up the Mages Guild skill line on the first character? That's all I can think if at the moment.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Perhaps you didn't pick up the Mages Guild skill line on the first character? That's all I can think if at the moment.

but the the Mages Guild line is there, at level 8.
  • a1x23
    a1x23
    ✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i'm playing a character since the release of the game, that, as far as i remember, does nothing when finding a lorebook, i just get the usual message about the finding and nothing more happens, but recently i started playing a new character and with that character for every lorebook i find i get an increase in the mages guild level. is this something that stops at some point or have i done something wrong with my first character?

i've been wondering for some time about this, and i tried to find some answer in the forum but couldn't...

When you finish the mages guild main quest all "lorebooks" will say lore book found but only the blue/purple lorebooks count towards mages guild
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1x23 wrote: »
    When you finish the mages guild main quest all "lorebooks" will say lore book found but only the blue/purple lorebooks count towards mages guild

thanks. i'm going to pay attention to the colors ;)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was a pain getting meteor had to collect to Cadwell's gold
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Collect the books by going by collections rather than areas. You get a massive boost when you complete a collection and makes it much quicker. Plus there are dupes in home, silver and gold then will not be there if picked up in another area and you've wasted your time.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!