Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hey Guys!!! New To MMOs

UnchainedGokuSS4
Hey guys it's nice to meet you all, I got this game for Christmas, now some of you may class Destiny as an MMO some of you might not either way apart from "Destiny" I have never played an MMO in my life, but I do love the Elder Scrolls series, I have played Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim, now I know there are tonnes of haters out there that say "this isn't an Elder Scrolls game" for me I feel like Elder Scrolls and Diablo 3 specifically had a baby and I love it, I've only played for around 4 hours but I'm hooked, but at the same time I'm still a newb and there are loads of things I'm still trying to figure out. I'm here to make friends have a good time and enjoy the hell out of this game :) I have a headset and a steady internet connection so I'd be happy to play online with any of you guys if you'd like, I'll see you in Tamriel :)
(Twitter: UnchainedGoku) (PSN ID: UnchainedGokuSS4) (Destiny: UnchainedGokuSS4) (Steam: UnchainedGokuSS4) (NNID: UnchainedGokuSS4) (3DS Name: Peter, FC: 4914-3165-2131) (PokeCommunity Forums: UnchainedGoku) (PTCGO: UnchainedGoku)
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game! I've played a few other MMO's and have to say this is my favorite. the game is beautiful to walk around in and the community makes it a great place to play in. I've been playing since beta and am still loving it. Morrowind was my first ES game as well, but since then I have played Arena and Daggerfall. My in-game tag is @godlessOne, and I primarily play AD. I am on PC NA, if you ever have any questions or want to run a group dungeon, go ahead and hit me up. To help you get started here are a couple of links you will find helpful:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki
    Lots of great info on things like crafting, gear sets, skill lines, etc.

http://www.esoui.com/addons.php
    Your home for ESO add-ons.

http://eso-fashion.com/
    A good place to preview what different armor styles look like before you invest in them.

A couple of tips for you. Join a guild or three, you can join up to 5. They are a good place to meet other players and get advice. Don't be afraid to ask questions, in guild chat, here on the forums, or in zone chat, the community in this game is very mature and helpful. Most of all have fun.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never played another MMO, but I too am a TES fan. I have really enjoyed this game since PC launch last year. Though I left the game for many months, I came back when it went buy to play and have continued to enjoy it.

I highly recommend joining a guild or two and joining up with them, especially when you start doing group dungeons and multiplayer. You can also join some guilds just for the purpose of selling things -- but I would prioritize a social guild.
  • UnchainedGokuSS4
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    Welcome to the game! I've played a few other MMO's and have to say this is my favorite. the game is beautiful to walk around in and the community makes it a great place to play in. I've been playing since beta and am still loving it. Morrowind was my first ES game as well, but since then I have played Arena and Daggerfall. My in-game tag is @godlessOne, and I primarily play AD. I am on PC NA, if you ever have any questions or want to run a group dungeon, go ahead and hit me up. To help you get started here are a couple of links you will find helpful:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki
    Lots of great info on things like crafting, gear sets, skill lines, etc.

http://www.esoui.com/addons.php
    Your home for ESO add-ons.

http://eso-fashion.com/
    A good place to preview what different armor styles look like before you invest in them.

A couple of tips for you. Join a guild or three, you can join up to 5. They are a good place to meet other players and get advice. Don't be afraid to ask questions, in guild chat, here on the forums, or in zone chat, the community in this game is very mature and helpful. Most of all have fun.

Thanks for all the advice, is this game cross platform though? I guess I forgot to mention I'm on PS4 :|
    (Twitter: UnchainedGoku) (PSN ID: UnchainedGokuSS4) (Destiny: UnchainedGokuSS4) (Steam: UnchainedGokuSS4) (NNID: UnchainedGokuSS4) (3DS Name: Peter, FC: 4914-3165-2131) (PokeCommunity Forums: UnchainedGoku) (PTCGO: UnchainedGoku)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was new to MMOs with ESO as well when I jumped into the beta, and made sooo many mistakes. Was often confused. It was like taking a course and having to learn new concepts and terminology to pass (i.e. not die over and over). It wasn't so bad after getting used to it, and others were very helpful with that. I hope to return the favor as much as possible. Here is something I wrote something last spring the helps newer players find lots of useful info from a variety of sources, and probably 95-98% of still holds up. Hope it helps...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/159314/get-in-and-play-mini-guide-for-new-ish-players-and-rusty-returning-players

Edited by tinythinker on December 29, 2015 3:33PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of players in game that help new players.
    I myself am always helping new players on weekends.
    PC/NA/DC
    @KrainorBlackthorne
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    no the game is not cross-platform. have fun though.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • WandersWithMoonlight
    Welcome to the game, friend! I was an interesting position when ESO was announced. I had mixed feelings. I've played MMOs before and for the most part, I enjoy them. I'm also a massive Elder Scrolls and have been ever since I played Morrowind as a kid. For me, though, what made an Elder Scrolls game good was the fact that it was a single player experience.

I heard that Zenimax was designing the game around being appealing to both the people who like MMOs and the people who like Elder Scrolls games as single-player adventures or just aren't fans of the usual elements of MMOs. I thought it was an interesting and bold approach, but it made me nervous, since they are completely different styles of games. Honestly, though, I think they did an excellent job. It does feel like an Elder Scrolls game to me. It feels like I'm playing Oblivion again, which is probably my favorite of the series.

I'm not around as much I'd like to be lately, but feel free to find me in the game as Skullduggery. It seems like you're on PS4, so that should work out fine! I'm Ebonheart Pact (though I'm working my way through the Daggerfall Covenant quest line with that character now).
  • UnchainedGokuSS4
    Welcome to the game, friend! I was an interesting position when ESO was announced. I had mixed feelings. I've played MMOs before and for the most part, I enjoy them. I'm also a massive Elder Scrolls and have been ever since I played Morrowind as a kid. For me, though, what made an Elder Scrolls game good was the fact that it was a single player experience.

I heard that Zenimax was designing the game around being appealing to both the people who like MMOs and the people who like Elder Scrolls games as single-player adventures or just aren't fans of the usual elements of MMOs. I thought it was an interesting and bold approach, but it made me nervous, since they are completely different styles of games. Honestly, though, I think they did an excellent job. It does feel like an Elder Scrolls game to me. It feels like I'm playing Oblivion again, which is probably my favorite of the series.

I'm not around as much I'd like to be lately, but feel free to find me in the game as Skullduggery. It seems like you're on PS4, so that should work out fine! I'm Ebonheart Pact (though I'm working my way through the Daggerfall Covenant quest line with that character now).

Sounds cool man :smiley:
  • UnchainedGokuSS4
    I was new to MMOs with ESO as well when I jumped into the beta, and made sooo many mistakes. Was often confused. It was like taking a course and having to learn new concepts and terminology to pass (i.e. not die over and over). It wasn't so bad after getting used to it, and others were very helpful with that. I hope to return the favor as much as possible. Here is something I wrote something last spring the helps newer players find lots of useful info from a variety of sources, and probably 95-98% of still holds up. Hope it helps...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/159314/get-in-and-play-mini-guide-for-new-ish-players-and-rusty-returning-players

Thank you :) will definitely give this a look!
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in DC and in the NA server I can invite you to a guild who are very willing to help out heck even if you aren't in DC they would still find a way (especially with group dungeons) or give good advice also a good place for general chat :) . Just let me know if you are interested.
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on December 30, 2015 5:14AM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • UnchainedGokuSS4
    If you are in DC and in the NA server I can invite you to a guild who are very willing to help out heck even if you aren't in DC they would still find a way or give good advice also a good place good for general chat :) .

Sounds awesome but unfortunately I'm in the EU server on PS4 :(