The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

8 Changes to buff Majica Dk

Millerman34n
Millerman34n
✭✭✭
1) Dynamic ultimate gain... Battle roar people!
2) Bring back block casing people still infinitively block even though you don't regenerate stamina while blocking. Face palm zeni!
3) Buff the damage of whip it feels like a wet noodle sometimes.
4) Cinderstorm needs a buff.
5) Percentage like DRAGONS BLOOD should not be affected by the healing nerf it makes the ability pointless!
6) Buff the damage of standard or lower the cost.
7) Magma armor should ignore spell resist as well.
8) Rework our passives to make us competitive with sorc's and nightblades! For instance regeneration passives along with damage passives and passives that gives us armor and spell resist when using an ability like nightblades "the squishy class my ass."
9) I personally would like the cost of shield assult cut down a lot, do to the lack of reliable dk gap closers I use this on my dk setup and it drains my stamina.
10) With these changes along with some love to our Majica Templars we will have a balanced class system, if you disagree or would like to add something to this list let me know, or if I got it on the nose!
Edited by Millerman34n on December 27, 2015 1:48AM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And what of stamina based DKs ? Were just as under powered and don't say "bla bla tank" not ever one exploits the broken mechanics to use the infa tank build. Plus you really can't say any stamina build is based of class cause only like 2 or 3 skills out of all 3 trees have stamina morphs rest are weapon skills.
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    And what of stamina based DKs ? Were just as under powered and don't say "bla bla tank" not ever one exploits the broken mechanics to use the infa tank build. Plus you really can't say any stamina build is based of class cause only like 2 or 3 skills out of all 3 trees have stamina morphs rest are weapon skills.
    Stamina Dk's are strong? Very strong?
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No not really not unless they exploit and use the infa tank build which even that's starting to get out dated. Dragon Knight all around need buffed up along with Templars and heavy armor.
  • KozawahGaming
    KozawahGaming
    ✭✭✭

I would agree with you but the class description does say "Fearsome Magic" which would imply magicka, or at least I think of Battlemage. Really stamina builds for DK should use both pools like my Magicka DK is using.
    Vet 5 NB- Gaelwen Forestmire (Vamp(cured)/Stam)
    Vet 1 Templar- Kozawah Incarnic (None/Magicka/Healer)
    Level 4 DK- Trecldur (Magicka)
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No not really not unless they exploit and use the infa tank build which even that's starting to get out dated. Dragon Knight all around need buffed up along with Templars and heavy armor.

I am wondering about the "exploit" and "infa tank build". Care to explain?
    Stam DK is 1v1 extremely strong, open world quite strong and only limited by its mobility.
    Not saying there might not be a few things in passives or actives skill that still might need a bit of rework to synergize better.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina is fine.

All magicka builds except sorc are grossly under powered currently due to the lack of CP physical resistance. But stamina DK? I love mine.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

THIS! DKs were designed for heavy armor, and now we are forced to use light or medium? Makes no sense what so ever. The class all around blows at the moment because of this change, same with templar, they were designed with heavy armor in mind, now using heavy armor as a templar is kind of pointless and counter productive.
  • Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

THIS! DKs were designed for heavy armor, and now we are forced to use light or medium? Makes no sense what so ever. The class all around blows at the moment because of this change, same with templar, they were designed with heavy armor in mind, now using heavy armor as a templar is kind of pointless and counter productive.

No class is designed purely with an armor type or weapon type in mind. The whole point was to make each class flexible in what they can do. That being said I can agree that heavy armor seems to be in a tough spot atm and passives need a bit of a balance pass.
  • olivaresdonjuan
    Stam whip or gtfo. Dks are fine, what they need to do is change how the hots and dots work, that's out bread and butter. Dks are supposed to wear down opponents while buffing and debuffing. I loved my magica dk when I could wear down enemies with fire while applying cc like talons or stone giant and then finish them with take flight. Now I have to use a stamina dk just to compete in the dps madness.