Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Windows 10 - Memory Leak?

siddique
siddique
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,

So I have been playing ESO since August on Windows 8.1. When Windows 10 came out, I upgraded but some driver issue constantly caused me over-heating and auto-shutdowns 20 minutes into the game. So I went back to 8.1. Today, I upgraded again. In the past one hour, I have managed to update my gpu drivers. Speccy shows my temperatures are running around 90 C. Which seems a tad bit higher, but it hasn't shut down, yet.

But here is the problem, I haven't been able to log in to the game. For starters, its suddenly taking 95-99% of CPU usage. Making it very laggy. And it keeps loading and loading after I have entered login details until it gives me "logged off due to inactivity."

I am running 8 gb ram with Radeon HD 7600M gpu.

Anyone has a solution to this? Or does this mean I will have to revert back to 8.1 and stick to it? Because it works like a charm on 8.1.

Thanks.
"Knee-jerk reactionist."
Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    I had both warmer temps, tons of crashes, tons of fps drops while using windows 10 after it was release, while playing ESO. Of course all my other games worked well; even games that were major old like EQ, EQII, LOTRO and all the other solo ES games. ESO is simply the work of the most corrupt code in my opinion. I have been back on windows 8 for many months now and doubt i'd go back to windows 10 till some of my fave games are dx12 and we all know that won't happen lol.
    Edited by Ethona on December 26, 2015 8:39PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep getting those leak warnings too.There's a mod on Minion to remove those so you wont see them anymore.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I will try that. I just managed to get in game and play for like 30 minutes. My pc went to 100 degrees Celsius. I am not sure what seems to be the issue, seems to be perfect on Windows 8. Oh well, I will give it a few days of playing, if it gives me auto-shutdowns due to overheat, back to 8.1 it seems.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those temps are too high. My old system with 8gigs of ram running a GTX 680 and high graphics never went above 70. The new system running GTX980 Ti's SLI never goes above 69 on ultimate. You are going to seriously damage something with those temps. :(

As for the memory I could not run my old system on ultimate as the system just did not have enough resources. Not sure what type of game graphics you are trying to run with 8 gigs of ram. Look at your task manager and see what is using the most RAM. The game will go up to I believe 3.5 gigs of use then shut down if there is an issue with memory. You can see it climbing watching task manager. I would suggest having task manager open then open the game. Watch the memory use on your system and see what is actually causing the lock ups and shut downs. As for the GPU temps it is either being over worked, needs more ventilation, needs cleaning or needs replacing. It won't last long with temps like that for sure.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the temperatures were way too high :/ But as I said, it had something to do with Windows 10. I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and now it doesn't go over 80 despite hours of continuous gaming. I use High settings with a few things at Medium.

I think there is something in my laptop that doesn't support Windows 10 although I couldn't figure out what. Oh well, will get a new one soon hopefully ^_^
    Seravi wrote: »
    Those temps are too high. My old system with 8gigs of ram running a GTX 680 and high graphics never went above 70. The new system running GTX980 Ti's SLI never goes above 69 on ultimate. You are going to seriously damage something with those temps. :(

As for the memory I could not run my old system on ultimate as the system just did not have enough resources. Not sure what type of game graphics you are trying to run with 8 gigs of ram. Look at your task manager and see what is using the most RAM. The game will go up to I believe 3.5 gigs of use then shut down if there is an issue with memory. You can see it climbing watching task manager. I would suggest having task manager open then open the game. Watch the memory use on your system and see what is actually causing the lock ups and shut downs. As for the GPU temps it is either being over worked, needs more ventilation, needs cleaning or needs replacing. It won't last long with temps like that for sure.

"Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open up the Xbox App on Windows 10

Go into the settings, find the Game DVR and turn it off.

Problem solved..it turns that thing on by default and it consumes a good bit of systme and GPU resources, my temps dropped big time after turning that off. Give it a shot.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Open up the Xbox App on Windows 10

Go into the settings, find the Game DVR and turn it off.

Problem solved..it turns that thing on by default and it consumes a good bit of systme and GPU resources, my temps dropped big time after turning that off. Give it a shot.

Interesting, I came back to 8.1 already. But I might give this a shot once. Thank you!
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.