Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Reinvisioned.

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I wanted to write a slightly longer version of a post I made recently about the vision of ESO I want, I doubt anything will come of it but I am a dreamer and wanted to write it.

Character Level and Game Difficulty
Max level capped at 50, contented would be rated on a casual, challenging, hard and very hard system.
Casual - Current Cadwel's Silver/Gold, Challenging - Current VR Dungeons, Hard - Current vDSA, CoA, CoH, AA, HRC, Very Hard Current SO, vWGT.
  • First Faction/Main Story.
    This would play as it is now with the goal of players reaching level 50 towards the end of completing all content here.
  • Cadwel's Silver & Gold - Casual
    Designed to be more of the same which you've just played but balanced for level 50 characters. This shouldn't feel like content you need to complete in order to level up but new options for questing and gaining experience/gold/loot at your current level in a relaxed way.
  • Scaled Non-VR Dungeons - Challenging
    Content which most PUG groups can get through without too much hassle but still requires you to have you brain turned on.
  • VR Dungeons & Craglorn - Hard
    Content designed to test your group and feel a worthy challenge without requiring exceptional skills or understanding.
  • Trials & Arenas - Very Hard
    Content which is designed for end game PvE players to really test themselves, balanced to not be blitzable and with leaderboards to let guilds compare themselves and keep challenge open. Leaderboards can be seasonal (three months) with big rewards at the end for the top guilds, maybe a history for it but wipes to keep them open to new changes in the meta after balance passes on skills/gear over those months.
  • Cyrodiil
    Scaled as it is now, rebalanced siege and battle spirit to consider max level of 50.
  • IC/Orsinium
    As now but with considerations for max level being 50.
  • Dolmans, Public Dungeons, World Bosses, etc.
    Return these to a state where they require a group of players at level to complete.

Champion System
  • Remove the cap, keep the catch up mechanic, change enlightenment to being an offline rested XP with a cap.
  • Points only become earnable and usable by level 50 characters.
  • Remove the bonus Health/Magicka/Stamina from points spent, let the values of the purchased points be the only power increase. Consider unlocks of SP/Costumes/Mounts for tiers of CP (as new places to put the current rewards from VR levels).
  • Rebalance all power levels of the stars to set a maximum obtainable value (considering gear + CP) which won't break the challenging content.

Gear Progression
  • All sets now drop at level 50, seeded in different areas of the game to make everything a viable playing ground for finding equipment.
  • Only final reward gear from Trials, Areas, boss helms and shoulders are BoP, everything else is BoE to allow for trade/sale.
  • All gear sets should seem viable with the fifth set bonus being interesting options to augment builds rather than flat bonuses to power (remove x damage time bonus here).

Alliance War
  • Less campaigns to consolidate player populations.
  • Removal of AoE caps.
  • Make siege weapons feared again, make useless ones meaningful.
  • Bring back forward camps with spawn radius.

Development Focus
  • Constant balance and changes in gear/skills to keep the meta of the game evolving. Unless something is incredibly broken this shouldn't be changes which require players to change gear or builds every patch. The idea is to find a sweet spot where every skill has it's use and counter making more builds viable.
  • New content should be based on one of the difficulty levels above when released but otherwise just add new options/content without a chase to power up for it.

I'm sure there are many more points I could think off, there will also be flaws with this system which I am willing to debate, as I said I doubt much will come from this I just wanted to get it out there and continue to dream.
@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that we can never go back to getting BiS gear from pre-DLC content. They don't care that people aren't going to Craglorn anymore. There is no money there for Zenimax.

Your ideas are great, it's just that they will never be implemented because it doesn't fit the B2P profit scheme.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that we can never go back to getting BiS gear from pre-DLC content. They don't care that people aren't going to Craglorn anymore. There is no money there for Zenimax.

Your ideas are great, it's just that they will never be implemented because it doesn't fit the B2P profit scheme.

Sadly so, I didn't really thinking this would get much feedback either (which it didn't) I just wanted to ramble about ideas on what would be a better game for me.

I understand ZOS has to make money from new content now this is a B2P game but it would be sad for everything else to be left to rot because of this, more options = better game and longer gameplay. Maybe if Craglorn actually had worthwhile rewards people would play there and new gamers would have groups to play with. Ramble Ramble Ramble...
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe me, I would very much prefer your concepts to what we have now.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell's Silver and Gold used to be at Craglorn or slightly higher difficulty, i.e., meant for small groups but players with tricked-out builds or who were really skilled could easily solo, with average players soloing if they thought ahead and avoided red tells at all costs. Was made casual because many players complained they wanted it to be the same as your original Alliance so that it could be readily soloed by most people.

The base game and the general areas of DLC will either stay the same difficulty as they are now or get easier over time to be readily playable by people who just picked up the game an hour ago and are using Battle Leveling to explore. ZOS wouldn't want to alienate new players or those returning to check out new DLC. You might get and keep harder instances, though.
    Edited by tinythinker on December 20, 2015 5:47PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this