The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragontail Goat/Ram/Pet does it fight for you?

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭
The heading says it all...'Does it fight?'
High Elf, NecroVamp

Best Answer

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OmniDevil

"Such is Life? What are you going on about? This has nothing to do with "life"."

Everything has everything to do with life, including death. However, my use of that phrase at the end of my response has no direct connection with it. It's just my way of signing off. Some people might say 'Cheers' other add 'Yours Sincerely' etc. I prefer this, it's just something I usually put at the end of my online discussions or emails and I guess it's apropos of nothing in particular. I'm sorry if you feel offended by it. Although I can't see why anyone should be.? I think it's relatively innocuous.

Considering you say that my original post and follow on is a...

"non-existing issue and solution to that non-existing issue."

Initially, on my part it was only a passing comment of a observation, I tend to be a wordy person. But you seem to be letting my remarks possess you. Perhaps I'm not just a Sorcerer in the game?

Seriously though, you're treating this whole scenario too seriously. I'm half surprised you haven't been putting your responses in capital letters. Just cool it, calm down and relax. If you carry on like this much longer you'll be bursting a blood vessel or worse! Life's too short to get so agitated and angry over something (in your eyes) so trivial and inconsequential :[

"This isn't Skyrim."

True...see, we can agree on something, perhaps we could have built on that. But no, you had to go and spoil it all by adding...

"That's an entirely different game"

Au Contrair Mon Ami, I beg to differ. There are too many resemblances and similarities for it to be considered 'entirely different'!

"In the 7 months that I've been playing this game and frequenting these forums, not once has someone been mislead by vanity pet description text."

You have just made a statement that you can't possibly corroborate. For one thing, not everyone who plays this game visits or contributes to the forum. Secondly, of those who do, how many do you think who bought a pet believing it would fight for them and when they found out they didn't; come on this forum and tell the World about it so they could be ridiculed and humiliated!?

After all I was only inquiring on their behalf and I have been drawn over the coals for my trouble. But will I let it put me off, no it won't. Why, because I enjoy a good debate, that's why. Rightly or wrongly I'll always fight my corner.

"If someone buys the pet thinking otherwise, only to find out that they don't do anything except look pretty next to you, shame on them, not ZOS."

Mmm you don't work for ZOS by any chance do you?

Ilsabet

When you say...

"It doesn't fight, but it does intimidate your foes and inspire your allies."

None of the ones I have do anything other than run along behind me and even when I'm on foot running they can't keep up with me.

Volkodav

"My Nightmare horse used to get right into the fight,and sometimes in my way too!"

Really? So you mean that some of the mounts are still there even when you dismount. Are you talking about in ESO or Skyrim?

Such is Life
    OmniDevil

Oops.Sorry,I should have said that it was Skyrim I meant. I was talking with mikeb16_ESO41 about Skyrim mounts and how they fought and how it should work for this game.
    Answer ✓
  • NicoleHartsell
    NicoleHartsell
    Soul Shriven
    No pets or mounts fight. Pets just get you from point A to point B faster than walking and pets just follow you around looking so adorable.
  • NicoleHartsell
    NicoleHartsell
    Soul Shriven
    No pets or mounts fight. Pets*Mounts not pets* just get you from point A to point B faster than walking and pets just follow you around looking so adorable.

• mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx for your response. I realise that normally they don't do anything but run about behind you. However, this is being advertised as..."Hits as hard as a Dragontail ram!"

I can't help but think how many guys out there will read the blurb beneath the picture and be mislead. Not finding out that they've been duped. Until they've coughed up their 400 crowns, thinking that they are getting the first fighting pet!?
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but think how many guys out there will read the blurb beneath the picture and be mislead. Not finding out that they've been duped. Until they've coughed up their 400 crowns, thinking that they are getting the first fighting pet!?

At this point, everyone should be aware that pets are cosmetic and don't do anything besides look "pretty" next to you. The description is just flair added to the pet, almost to incite excitement about the pet. It's the same for the others. Also, fail on the double post, sir.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil

Not finding out that they've been duped. Until they've coughed up their 400 crowns, "thinking that they are getting the first fighting pet!?"

Thanx for your take on this matter, it's always good to hear what others think. However, as I'm sure you and others are fully aware, nothing is written in stone and change happens. Those at the top of this organisation are at liberty to do what they like, when they like.

"The description is just flair added to the pet, almost to incite excitement about the pet. It's the same for the others."

But none of the other pets are described as having fighting skills. It reads like it is a new pet, with a new ability.

As for your finishing comment..."fail on the double post, sir."

In my defence, (If I need one) after I'd typed the question it didn't appear, because my PC went off line briefly. So I typed it again, when I looked after the second time, I was surprised to see the two instances. I couldn't see anything that would allow me to kill one, so all I could do was to go with it.

Just so you know, you're not the first person to have commented on it and likely won't be the last.

Such is Life
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The heading says it all...'Does it fight?'

If you have played this game even for a day,you'll know that they dont fight for you.Neither pets nor mounts. :}
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    But none of the other pets are described as having fighting skills. It reads like it is a new pet, with a new ability.

It's actually starting to sound a lot more like you read too much into this. As @Volkodav just said, even for someone who's only been playing for a day can quickly tell that all pets in the Crown Store are for vanity/cosmetic purposes and are non-combative.

I get what you're trying to say, but you're trying to bring light to a non-existing problem. So, was it that other people were mislead or that you misinterpreted the text and mislead yourself? I'm willing to bet it was the latter.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    N64 NA EP
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav

"If you have played this game even for a day, you'll know that they dont fight for you."

This is true, but that still doesn't stop those that created or run this game from changing the rules. Or introducing something that bucks the (up until now) trend. Does it?

OmniDevil

"So, was it that other people were mislead or that you misinterpreted the text and mislead yourself? I'm willing to bet it was the latter."

I don't know and can't know if other people were or were not mislead. But it is possible that some might be. I am only querying that statement, because it sounds like it might fight. I can only hope that I've saved someone or ones forking out for something that reads as though it does, when it blatantly doesn't!. What you're..."willing to bet on"...doesn't matter a jot to me. However, speaking as a Rank 8 Sorcerer with a Clannfear and Twilight Matriarch in tow. Personally, I have no need for a Ram, fighting or otherwise.

It was purely a query on behalf of those who it might matter to.

Such is Life
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav

"If you have played this game even for a day, you'll know that they dont fight for you."

This is true, but that still doesn't stop those that created or run this game from changing the rules. Or introducing something that bucks the (up until now) trend. Does it?

The question was posted as "Does it fight for you". (hence my reply) Not "COULD they fight for you IF the devs make it so".
    Make up your mind. Is it "does it fight for you?",..OR is it "can we get the devs to make it so pets/mounts fight for you?".
    Just so I dont get it wrong this time.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Volkodav

The question was posted as "Does it fight for you"

Yes it was, but as already stated, not on my behalf. However, "can we get the devs to make it so pets/mounts fight for you?" sounds like a campaign?. I wouldn't be adverse to such a suggestion, after all when I played 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim', my mount did join in and fight for me then, so why not now?

High Elf, NecroVamp
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know and can't know if other people were or were not mislead. But it is possible that some might be. I am only querying that statement, because it sounds like it might fight. I can only hope that I've saved someone or ones forking out for something that reads as though it does, when it blatantly doesn't!. What you're..."willing to bet on"...doesn't matter a jot to me. However, speaking as a Rank 8 Sorcerer with a Clannfear and Twilight Matriarch in tow. Personally, I have no need for a Ram, fighting or otherwise.

It was purely a query on behalf of those who it might matter to.

Such is Life

Such is life? What are you going on about? This has nothing to do with "life". You're bring up a non-existing issue and solution to that non-existing issue. You misinterpreted the text, nothing more.
    I wouldn't be adverse to such a suggestion, after all when I played 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim', my mount did join in and fight for me then, so why not now?

This isn't Skyrim. That's an entirely different game. As @Volkodav said, make up your mind. You're either asking if they fight or want ZOS to change them so they can fight.

Lets cut to the chase and end the discussion. In the 7 months that I've been playing this game and frequenting these forums, not once has someone been mislead by vanity pet description text. All players know that pets are purely for vanity and non-combative. We get it, you were mislead therefore it's an issue for you. Stop turning this into something it's not. Do your research and there won't be any misunderstanding. Several people here have provided enough information to provide you assurance that all pets are non-combative and until ZOS announces otherwise, there is nothing for you to worry about. If someone buys the pet thinking otherwise, only to find out that they don't do anything except look pretty next to you, shame on them, not ZOS. Do the research!
    Edited by OmniDevil on December 18, 2015 3:50PM

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi Volkodav

The question was posted as "Does it fight for you"

Yes it was, but as already stated, not on my behalf. However, "can we get the devs to make it so pets/mounts fight for you?" sounds like a campaign?. I wouldn't be adverse to such a suggestion, after all when I played 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim', my mount did join in and fight for me then, so why not now?

I agree with you.I mentioned that in my reply. :}
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't fight, but it does intimidate your foes and inspire your allies.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    It doesn't fight, but it does intimidate your foes and inspire your allies.

My Nightmare horse used to get right into the fight,and sometimes in my way too!
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil

"Such is Life? What are you going on about? This has nothing to do with "life"."

Everything has everything to do with life, including death. However, my use of that phrase at the end of my response has no direct connection with it. It's just my way of signing off. Some people might say 'Cheers' other add 'Yours Sincerely' etc. I prefer this, it's just something I usually put at the end of my online discussions or emails and I guess it's apropos of nothing in particular. I'm sorry if you feel offended by it. Although I can't see why anyone should be.? I think it's relatively innocuous.

Considering you say that my original post and follow on is a...

"non-existing issue and solution to that non-existing issue."

Initially, on my part it was only a passing comment of a observation, I tend to be a wordy person. But you seem to be letting my remarks possess you. Perhaps I'm not just a Sorcerer in the game?

Seriously though, you're treating this whole scenario too seriously. I'm half surprised you haven't been putting your responses in capital letters. Just cool it, calm down and relax. If you carry on like this much longer you'll be bursting a blood vessel or worse! Life's too short to get so agitated and angry over something (in your eyes) so trivial and inconsequential :[

"This isn't Skyrim."

True...see, we can agree on something, perhaps we could have built on that. But no, you had to go and spoil it all by adding...

"That's an entirely different game"

Au Contrair Mon Ami, I beg to differ. There are too many resemblances and similarities for it to be considered 'entirely different'!

"In the 7 months that I've been playing this game and frequenting these forums, not once has someone been mislead by vanity pet description text."

You have just made a statement that you can't possibly corroborate. For one thing, not everyone who plays this game visits or contributes to the forum. Secondly, of those who do, how many do you think who bought a pet believing it would fight for them and when they found out they didn't; come on this forum and tell the World about it so they could be ridiculed and humiliated!?

After all I was only inquiring on their behalf and I have been drawn over the coals for my trouble. But will I let it put me off, no it won't. Why, because I enjoy a good debate, that's why. Rightly or wrongly I'll always fight my corner.

"If someone buys the pet thinking otherwise, only to find out that they don't do anything except look pretty next to you, shame on them, not ZOS."

Mmm you don't work for ZOS by any chance do you?

Ilsabet

When you say...

"It doesn't fight, but it does intimidate your foes and inspire your allies."

None of the ones I have do anything other than run along behind me and even when I'm on foot running they can't keep up with me.

Volkodav

"My Nightmare horse used to get right into the fight,and sometimes in my way too!"

Really? So you mean that some of the mounts are still there even when you dismount. Are you talking about in ESO or Skyrim?

Such is Life
    OmniDevil
    High Elf, NecroVamp
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanx for your response. I realise that normally they don't do anything but run about behind you. However, this is being advertised as..."Hits as hard as a Dragontail ram!"

When I was brand new to this game, that is EXACTLY how I thought it worked. I actually considered buying a pet so I could have some help in my journeys lol. Never did, anyway. But I wonder how many kids out there borrowed their parent's credit card and decided to buy themselves a companion thinking it would help them in fights? You have a very fair point, my friend.
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702

Thank you.

Volkodav

I thought it was a bit odd :)
    High Elf, NecroVamp