The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the best team composition for veteran dungeons?

TurkeyRage
My group uses either 1 of everything or we run with 2 Sorcerers, 1 DK, and 1 Nightblade. I'm the Nightblade and I feel so useless sometimes because I'm so squishy. I just want to know what the best combination of classes would be.

Best Answers

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best combination is a group that plays together regularly so they know each others strengths and weaknesses and can adjust accordingly.

All the classes have advantages and disadvantages, personally I like diversity of classes but you can easily do all of the Vet dungeons without diversity if everyone knows what they are doing.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Answer ✓
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TurkeyRage wrote: »
    My group uses either 1 of everything or we run with 2 Sorcerers, 1 DK, and 1 Nightblade. I'm the Nightblade and I feel so useless sometimes because I'm so squishy. I just want to know what the best combination of classes would be.

Are you magicka or stamina nightblade? If you're too squishy, you're probably doing something wrong, there's nothing about nightblades that makes them more squishy than magicka dks in light armor or any stamina class. Ofc, if you compare full dps builds.
    Also there's no "best" group combination. Its not like any dk tank is better than any nb or templar tank for example. You might want specific class abilities for certain speedruns (like sorcs spamming overload and dks chaining everything in aoe), but those are just situational advantages. And every class also has its disadvantages.
    Every class can pull 20+k dps, heal or tank. So it depends on the players.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Answer ✓
  • TurkeyRage
    I'm a stamina Nightblade with 34 points into health and 21 into stamina, I use medium armor, and I run dual wield main and a bow for my secondary.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 dps and a templar tank to roflstomp the place as fast as possible:P
    Seriously though, it REALLY depends on the people, it's not quite as easy as 1 DK+1 templar+2 Sorc(for example)=perfection. And while classes are obviously not equal and balance is still far from achieved, it's still possible to basically run it with any "team composition" long as people know what they're doing. And obviously it works that much better for set teams that know each other and what they're capable of and all.
    Sapping(or whatever it's called) NBs are an invalueable addition to any group because 20-30k hps in trash packs in addition to the damage basically makes a healer useless. That also helps with 3 dps+tank groups to get it done faster.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    3 dps and a templar tank to roflstomp the place as fast as possible:P
    This^. or with everyone doing deeps but one is "tanky" and another can throw off-heals when necessary.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Ariisen
    Ariisen
    ✭✭✭
    For me is 1 DK as the tank, 1 Magicka Sorc DPS, 1 Magicka NB DPS and a Templar "Healer" (DPS with BoL in his bar and support ultimates like Barrier\Aggressive War Horn)

Basically the NB funnels and the Templar helps with BoL in high damage phases.

All out DPS, but you have to play with experienced players or this won't work.
    [XBOX ONE - Daggerfall Covenant - EU - CP 600+]
    Gamertag: msYuuu
    My Veteran Level Toons:
    Zemska - Breton NightBlade [DC]
    Riiful - Imperial DragonKnight [DC]
    Nikole - Breton Sorcerer [DC]
    Mashu - Bosmer NightBlade [DC]
    Helise - Breton Templar [DC]
    Syosetsuka - Imperial Sorcerer [DC]
    Majken - Altmer Dragonknight[DC]

I'm back after 3 months yoh.