The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Bug: iMac 27inch still crashing in Orsinium

charlesccps
Tech support has acknowledged a known bug causing 27 inch iMac, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, OS 10.10.5, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB to crash frequently in Orsinium.
Tech support says: "At this time the best recommendation I can provide would be to await for a future update to resolve the issue."
So when can we expect this future update?
I hope it's soon since this has been going on for a number of weeks.
I'm a very frustrated paying subscriber.
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Lol how about me i can't even complete the main quest line
  • charlesccps
    I did find a work around for the iMac crash bug. Play on my MacBook Pro :|
    Lame.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    This absolutely fits with my experience. Client solid as a rock everywhere.......except in Orsinium, where (with the model you mention) I get lost textures replaced by Neon Pink creatures to be shortly followed by a crash. :'(
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • charlesccps
    It appears updating to OSX El Capitan has solved the crashing issues on my 27 inch iMac, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, OS 10.10.5, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB.
    I've managed to play in Wrothgar for 30 minutes without crashing. First time since Orsinium dropped I've been able to complete the crafting writs without crashing much less play for 30 minutes!
    The graphics are certainly better.
    Having said that, I think it's ridiculous ESO doesn't support the 2nd most recent version of OSX.
    Oh well, it's all good now.
    Onward and upward.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having said that, I think it's ridiculous ESO doesn't support the 2nd most recent version of OSX.
    Nope, not so. As has been said time and again by Chris, Apple has changed some things in Yosemite, resulting in less heap space for applications, and thus resulting in more frequent crashes of the client when compared to the predecessor, Mavericks. With El Capitan, they've optimized some things again, leaving more memory free in app's virtual address spaces.