The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Best place to find Rubedo?

RobertOfPotatoland
Hello everyone. I've done some research on the topic, but I can't find a good place to get rubedo. I have a ton of gold to buy it off people, but it's hard to find anyone with large amounts selling outside of guild stores. Anyone with advice or anything?
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm TV stones in IC. If you grind alone you can easily make 5-10k stones per hour. Just go on a campaign with low population and run the Dark ether farm route...
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • RobertOfPotatoland
    Gil.Galad wrote: »
    Farm TV stones in IC. If you grind alone you can easily make 5-10k stones per hour. Just go on a campaign with low population and run the Dark ether farm route...

Solo? And is that the route that runs through the pact area?
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solo? And is that the route that runs through the pact area?

You get the most stones when you run solo. Two people is still ok but it should not be more. I mean the circular route in the DC area closer to the center of the sewers.

Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could also farm Orky town (Orsinium) assuming your crafting is 10/10 for the one you are trying to find.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    yes with 1 char (lvl vet 16) i was finding iron ore in wrothgar (orsinium) with the other char (lvl 9 vet) i was finding void and rubedite, and i was like wth... then i figure it out i dont have points spent in blacksmithing on my main char
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also halved the price of mats so it's faster and more cost productive to farm Imperial City.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    50 Tel Var per mat in IC, so every 1K TV=20 rubedo leather on top of whatever drops you deconstruct. Plus you can use the Tel Var to buy the Repora (V16 Potency Runestones) you will need to enchant the gear.

If you do the Orsinium farm route, make sure you are killing the Level 1 animals that you pass like the Horker (Walrus-like) animals as well as the small echoteres(spelling?). Some will drop shadowhide, but you still get Rubedo from them occasionally.

IMO gaining the mats goes faster in IC sewers between drops and Tel Var, however farming Orsinium will get you some of the purple/gold tempers through refining which are hard to come by.

I personally mix it up and do a little of both methods. I personally keep all my mats since I have a couple characters, but if you aren't keeping your other mats (like ancestor silk) you may be able able to find ppl in area chat to trade ancestor silk, rubedite ore, or ruby ash for rubedo leather as well.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Jabroniebwb
    I got over 100 Rubedo leather in just over an hour farming harpys in that dungeon NE of Orsinium. The name escapes me atm. Theres also that Kennel dungeon with all the durzogs. Not to mention the yellows from refining the scraps
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldperch i think is the name of the dungeon
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Jabroniebwb
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Coldperch i think is the name of the dungeon

Yes that's it. Theres abig room that you can clear and it respawns very fast.