The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

yay blazing spear has just been nerfed again, thanks Zos!

• SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they keep listening to streamers BOL is next. I mean come on... just take a look at the forums for 1 minute. Not a single god damn complaint about templars being too strong/ having a too strong ability. Why xos? Why? Why the heel you keep nerfing this bugged and weak class. Do you really wan this to become elder scrolls nightblade vs sorcerer unlimited. All streamers want is you to nerf everything that wont allow them to win 1v10 encounters. Just ridiculous. Now stam dks are really strong atm and in a dueling tournament 3 out of the final 4 were stam Dks so be prepared for all streamers out there playing 1h/s & 2h
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    So im guessing they nerfed it because they consider it an overloaded ability with the stun? And its dmg was to close to lightning splash or something?

With the way cc immunity works particularly with our other class abilities, its a pretty terrible cc. It should be an aoe root like talons, in my view, particularly in light of the damage reduction.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    One more nerf to templars or tanks and I'm uninstalling.

So probably next week.

Don't do that. I personally can't see them nerfing Templar again. They've mutated/damaged the class so badly over the last year I can't even recognize it anymore... which tells me that eventually they're going to have to do something. This isn't like a game with 30 classes. They have 4 classes with a miniscule amount of skills in each. It can't be that hard to ultimately make it run smoothly. I recommend you mess about with another class for a while if Templar is upsetting you too much. I'm fortunate in that I have one of each v16 class so it gives me greater room to play.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So probably next week.

Don't do that. I personally can't see them nerfing Templar again. They've mutated/damaged the class so badly over the last year I can't even recognize it anymore... which tells me that eventually they're going to have to do something. This isn't like a game with 30 classes. They have 4 classes with a miniscule amount of skills in each. It can't be that hard to ultimately make it run smoothly. I recommend you mess about with another class for a while if Templar is upsetting you too much. I'm fortunate in that I have one of each v16 class so it gives me greater room to play.

The problem is many of us don't like other classes.

I've got 8 characters, three are templars, a magicka sorc, a stam sorc, a stam nb and 2 stam DK .

my problem is that I find it easy mode to go play sorc or nb, in pve and pvp the gsme is significantly easier in general.

But I don't like them, I don't have fun playing them, so why should I he forced to play another class because the one I enjoy is broken?
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

So probably next week.

The problem is many of us don't like other classes.

I've got 8 characters, three are templars, a magicka sorc, a stam sorc, a stam nb and 2 stam DK .

my problem is that I find it easy mode to go play sorc or nb, in pve and pvp the gsme is significantly easier in general.

But I don't like them, I don't have fun playing them, so why should I he forced to play another class because the one I enjoy is broken?

Exactly, I love Templar. I only play Stam Sorc cause it performs faster and better for the most part. I vastly prefur the animations of Templar but it just feels broken half the time and I've seen a year of constant adjustments down while watching NB and Sorc get update after update of positive changes (and a few small nerfs). DK and Templar feel downright ignored.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict the next Templar "fixes":

Radiant Destruction and morphs: no more execution bonus, not eligible to crit, 40% chance of being reflected back at the caster. If reflected, does 300% bonus damage to caster and cannot be interrupted or purged.

Dark Flare: no longer grants Empower or Major defile. Cast time increased to 5 seconds.

Piercing Javelin and morphs: will cost 120% more. No longer has knockback effect but still grants cc immunity.

Eclipse and morphs: only eligible for use against tier 1 NPCs 5 or more levels below the caster. Any attempt to cast on an ineligible target will result in an unbreakable 5-second stun, as a penalty for misuse.

Puncturing Strikes and morphs: no longer eligible for burning light or crit chance. If target initiates a block during the attack, caster will be knocked off balance and will have magicka and stamina pools reduced by 40% for 15 seconds.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EgoRush wrote: »
    Impulse was doing too much AoE damage before, so they nerfed the range to 6 metres down from 8. Blazing Spear is now doing too much damage so they will nerf it too. Next it will be Steel Tornado (I mean how hasn't that happened yet already?) at 12.5 metres range and an auto-execute from 100% health.

Eventually they'll just say "let's reduce the range of all abilities to 0 metres so the game can become the true roleplaying fantasy world it was meant to be".

To be fair, steel tornado is actually kinda out of hand. It needs either its range toned down or to remove the execute (not both, but zos will no doubt go way too far with the nerf)

rip decibel
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually tested the damage since the nerf? For all we know, this was an adjustment from use with a specific set, or skill combination that caused it to do more damage than intended.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the value on the PTS 2.2.3 and the current Live 2.2.7 and the current Live version has the same initial damage and a higher DoT damage than the PTS but I have no idea what it was before in 2.2.6.
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • Evilie
    Evilie
    ✭✭

In addition to the completely unnecessary NERF of Blazing Spears, here is a list of Templar bugs and completely useless abilities posted by Springt-Über-Zwerge in another thread today:

"1. No 140% bonus on shields for jabs
    2. Last hit of Jabs somtimes doesnt even hit
    3. no execute damage for Jesus beam
    4. Radiant sweep not hitting anything at all (also 5m radius for an ultimade is ridiculous)
    5. eclipse bug
    6. global cooldown on toppling charge
    7. completely useless sun shield
    8. completely useless backlash due to cap not scaling with spell/weapondamage
    9. completely useless eclipse thanks to unnessesary nerf to 1 target
    10. completely useless rite of passage thanks to barrier being 100 times better
    11. completely useless healing ritual
    12. completely useless radiant aura thanks to potion buffs
    13. why is sun fire doing firedamage as only templar skill which forces me to either not use the skill because its crap since its missing the 25% from thaumaturge or put points in elemetal expert and weakening all my other abilities

Now to passives:

1. way lower proc chance of burning light than 25%
    2. ballanced warrior being everything else than ballanced (missing spelldamage)
    3. enduring rays rowering templar dps (backlash)
    4. light weaver being completely useless thanks to rite of passage and healing ritual being useless
    5. master ritualist soulgem return bugged
    6. missing ressource sustain for Templars in the passives 4% is laughable (sorcs for excample have 5% plus 15% ult cost reduction plus 20% magicka and stam regen)

And why on earth would you double nerf blazing spear I cant see any logic in nerfing the dps of the class with the lowest dps

also give us back a good aoe CC like blinding flashes
    Edited by Springt-Über-Zwerge on December 2, 2015 11:24AM"

Evilie
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    So im guessing they nerfed it because they consider it an overloaded ability with the stun? And its dmg was to close to lightning splash or something?

With the way cc immunity works particularly with our other class abilities, its a pretty terrible cc. It should be an aoe root like talons, in my view, particularly in light of the damage reduction.

I'd be okay with it if they would go all the way and make it an AOE root. Then it would be useful to some people.

The only thing I can think of that explains all this is they are trying to force all Templars into playing support roles instead of being damage dealers. Better for the group finder tool with fewer players queuing as DPS. Even then, though, shouldn't they be buffing the support abilities instead of only nerfing damage abilities?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually tested the damage since the nerf? For all we know, this was an adjustment from use with a specific set, or skill combination that caused it to do more damage than intended.

Problem is I don't remember what the old values were so nothing to really compare it with.

I think what most people are (rightfully) upset about is the point. ZoS went out of their way to nerf a skill - again - which nobody had ever complained was doing too much damage while say DKs are stuck playing a broken class that isn't fun.

Blazing was *barely* worth putting on the bar before this and more importantly the burning Light proc nerf. The combination of the two has made it a joke
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    mateoz wrote: »
    eliisra wrote: »
    Most infuriation part about this is how Toppling Charge + Radiant Oppression execute proc still remains bugged. Takes months to get crucial key abilities fixed.

But than they have all the time in the world to nerf/fix a low dmg PBAoE, that's mainly used for support. What the hell?
    On top of that there are others bug most templar are not aware of let alone zos.
    Entropy major sorcery buff decrease DPS by 50% instead of increase
    Potion major sorcery buff decrease DPS by 50% instead of increase
    Regular magika pot decrease DPS
    Execute range from 4 to 30k per tick under 50% (acknoledge by zos)
    Toppling charge still bug after what 1 year

To get most of my templar I'm done using entropy and im not using pots anymore.

How are pots and entropy decreasing dps?

I guess it's accidentaly set to decrease instead of increase, regardless of what the info says, had a fun bug in another game that made fighting from the top of a hill vs someone charging up it give an advantage to the one charging up instead of the one defending the hill, pretty much the same thing, but different situations. xD
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is I don't remember what the old values were so nothing to really compare it with.

I think what most people are (rightfully) upset about is the point. ZoS went out of their way to nerf a skill - again - which nobody had ever complained was doing too much damage while say DKs are stuck playing a broken class that isn't fun.

Blazing was *barely* worth putting on the bar before this and more importantly the burning Light proc nerf. The combination of the two has made it a joke
    Yeah, I don't even use this on my Templar outside of PVE. But i can't understand getting so angry when no one can even say what was changed.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I don't even use this on my Templar outside of PVE. But i can't understand getting so angry when no one can even say what was changed.

We can, damage was reduced.

Look back two weeks ago, when they changed the amount of background ticks on attacks they increased damage values to make up for it, people had screenshots of the change to tooltip damage, blazing spears went up a bit, radiant destruction got cut in half.

But they didn't account for burning light procs, so although damage went up a small percentage because of less procs it lowered the total damage.

Then they've reduced the base damage on it a bit, so now it does a bit less damage than it used to, and ticks less causing less burning light procs.
  • Qizax
    Qizax
    ✭✭
    Evilie wrote: »

In addition to the completely unnecessary NERF of Blazing Spears, here is a list of Templar bugs and completely useless abilities posted by Springt-Über-Zwerge in another thread today:

"1. No 140% bonus on shields for jabs
    2. Last hit of Jabs somtimes doesnt even hit
    3. no execute damage for Jesus beam
    4. Radiant sweep not hitting anything at all (also 5m radius for an ultimade is ridiculous)
    5. eclipse bug
    6. global cooldown on toppling charge
    7. completely useless sun shield
    8. completely useless backlash due to cap not scaling with spell/weapondamage
    9. completely useless eclipse thanks to unnessesary nerf to 1 target
    10. completely useless rite of passage thanks to barrier being 100 times better
    11. completely useless healing ritual
    12. completely useless radiant aura thanks to potion buffs
    13. why is sun fire doing firedamage as only templar skill which forces me to either not use the skill because its crap since its missing the 25% from thaumaturge or put points in elemetal expert and weakening all my other abilities

Now to passives:

1. way lower proc chance of burning light than 25%
    2. ballanced warrior being everything else than ballanced (missing spelldamage)
    3. enduring rays rowering templar dps (backlash)
    4. light weaver being completely useless thanks to rite of passage and healing ritual being useless
    5. master ritualist soulgem return bugged
    6. missing ressource sustain for Templars in the passives 4% is laughable (sorcs for excample have 5% plus 15% ult cost reduction plus 20% magicka and stam regen)

And why on earth would you double nerf blazing spear I cant see any logic in nerfing the dps of the class with the lowest dps

also give us back a good aoe CC like blinding flashes
    Edited by Springt-Über-Zwerge on December 2, 2015 11:24AM"

Evilie

^This x10,000. With none of the above addressed, nor most even commented on (to my knowledge); instead you nerf Blazing Spear.

I mean .. really? ...
    Edited by Qizax on December 2, 2015 8:07PM
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took screenshots of the tool tip fully buffed before the update and will redo this later to compare:

Before update
    e2yLQLY.png

I'll try to post here again after work once I take the updated screenshot.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame!,

Now you know how DK's must feel,
    Nerf after nerf after nerf,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Shame!,

You know in a PvE context DK are still pulling top DPS other than short Overload Sorc bursts. Stamina and magicka. I've seen magicka DK hit >30K on Manti, and a stamina DK hit nearly 28K on the Serpent. Your nerfs haven't made your class near redundant as a DPS at least ;) in PvP I can see that DK needs a bit of love though.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame!,

Difference is DKs actually were a really good class overall for a long time.
    Templars got most of their huge nerfs before something good even even hit live, eg before launch, before 1.6? (OP Jabs damage on pts) etc.
    Only thing we ever had was the month or so with bugged op sun shield.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    every body else just needs to "L2P" but translated it's "play how I am playing or don't play at all". That's all any ESO streamer is some guy trying to force there play style on every one else.

This now makes sooo much sense. It would be like Matrix Revolutions with everyone being Agent Smith.
    Quick, everyone dress-up / roll-up a toon to be an exact clone of <insert streamer's nym >
    Cyrodiil would implode in moments.

"Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I predict the next Templar "fixes":

Radiant Destruction and morphs: no more execution bonus, not eligible to crit, 40% chance of being reflected back at the caster. If reflected, does 300% bonus damage to caster and cannot be interrupted or purged.

Dark Flare: no longer grants Empower or Major defile. Cast time increased to 5 seconds.

Piercing Javelin and morphs: will cost 120% more. No longer has knockback effect but still grants cc immunity.

Eclipse and morphs: only eligible for use against tier 1 NPCs 5 or more levels below the caster. Any attempt to cast on an ineligible target will result in an unbreakable 5-second stun, as a penalty for misuse.

Puncturing Strikes and morphs: no longer eligible for burning light or crit chance. If target initiates a block during the attack, caster will be knocked off balance and will have magicka and stamina pools reduced by 40% for 15 seconds.

I main a very fun magicka templar, and i would quit
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame!,

Wthat are you talking about? Templars have been nerfed nonstop since beta.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Don't worry fellow Templars.. it's to prepare us for the upcoming class balance changes, which are going to be awesome... AWESOME!! So awesome that they already need to tone down a couple of things now!

</sarcasm>

I expect Wrobel to shoot magicka combat DPS in the knee with an arrow while giving stamina melee DPS all the fun DPS numbers.
  • Tdroid
    Tdroid
    ✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    Don't worry fellow Templars.. it's to prepare us for the upcoming class balance changes, which are going to be awesome... AWESOME!! So awesome that they already need to tone down a couple of things now!

</sarcasm>

I expect Wrobel to shoot magicka combat DPS in the knee with an arrow while giving stamina melee DPS all the fun DPS numbers.

I'm more in the camp of thinking that magicka DPS will skyrocket again and stamina will simply be an inferior choice. Again. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but it took quite a while before stamina DPS even became kinda good and now that there are strong PvP stamina builds, I expect them to get hammered down really hard in the name of balance. Though, with the amount of complaints about the Sorc(I would say at least some of them are valid too), maybe they too will get stomped.

Or, if we are really lucky, ZOS will scratch the classes as we know them and start over with roughly the same principles in mind so we don't need to have so many vestigial limps from the time of no Champion Points and with soft-caps to stats(by Talos I miss the soft-caps keeping thigns from going too crazy).
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tdroid wrote: »

</sarcasm>

I'm more in the camp of thinking that magicka DPS will skyrocket again and stamina will simply be an inferior choice. Again. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but it took quite a while before stamina DPS even became kinda good and now that there are strong PvP stamina builds, I expect them to get hammered down really hard in the name of balance. Though, with the amount of complaints about the Sorc(I would say at least some of them are valid too), maybe they too will get stomped.

Or, if we are really lucky, ZOS will scratch the classes as we know them and start over with roughly the same principles in mind so we don't need to have so many vestigial limps from the time of no Champion Points and with soft-caps to stats(by Talos I miss the soft-caps keeping thigns from going too crazy).

Magicka DPS is already stronger due to penetration passives and Nirnhoned swords.

In this thread it was noticed Puncturing Sweeps is crushing Biting Jabs despite having almost identical stats. ZOS has confirmed things are working correctly. On top of this Magplar gets healing from that dmg.....why play Stamplar at all?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230260/weapon-damage-broken-again-puncturing-sweeps-vs-biting-jabs/p1
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Tdroid wrote: »

</sarcasm>

Magicka DPS is already stronger due to penetration passives and Nirnhoned swords.

In this thread it was noticed Puncturing Sweeps is crushing Biting Jabs despite having almost identical stats. ZOS has confirmed things are working correctly. On top of this Magplar gets healing from that dmg.....why play Stamplar at all?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230260/weapon-damage-broken-again-puncturing-sweeps-vs-biting-jabs/p1

This is for pve but adding physical damage reduction will not affect pve dps. Pvp is something completely different you cant really compare. Mobs dont have harness magicka which completely sucks up puncturing sweep and makes it to magicka while biting jabs just ignores the shield while there is no compareable shield against physical damage
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Drewzi
    Drewzi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna say this. As a stamplar before this *** hit I was doing 18-23kish (mob depending) single target damage, talking vet16 WGT and ICP. Now I Max out at 15k no matter what. Gear wise it's all V16 gold divines, 5 hundings 1 molag kena, 3 night mother, 3 agility all weapon power everything Max stamina. I currently have 236 champ points, running dw and 2h. This nerf pisses me off so much because I lost dps and don't have anything else to slot to make up for it.