The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about stolen treasure/laundering

bruceleroy98
bruceleroy98
✭✭
So if you launder a stolen treasure item, does it sell more to merchants or does it make any difference whether or not you sell it directly to the fence after a blue treasure item is stolen?
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can launder things but it will not change the value at all and net you zero profit, both pay the same amount for treasures just sell them directly to a fence, for anything useful use immediately or launder it.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laundering a 250 gold item and then selling it to a merchant will be a net profit of zero. It holds its value whether it's stolen or not.
    Laundering non-consumable, non-wearable items is more for roleplaying or novelty. Like my Ancient Map of Unknown Land, or as I like to call it, Game Pack Scrapped In Early Development.
    signing off
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sells for the same price as you Launder it for.

I only launder items like Ingredients, Recipes, Motifs etc. I might launder some items I would normally sell if I used up my Sell limit and had some room left in the Launder limit. That way I can break even by selling the laundered item to the Merchant down there.

I heard, but have not tested, that if you launder a stolen piece of gear you get better inspiration on decon (the same as if it was a mob looted item). However normal stolen items give such low Inspiration it is not worth taking them to the crafting station, probably why I never tested this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I heard, but have not tested, that if you launder a stolen piece of gear you get better inspiration on decon (the same as if it was a mob looted item).

OK, I tested Stolen vs Laundered on Decon

Laundered Metal 9588
    Stolen Metal 958

Laundered Cloth 10306
    Stolen Cloth 1029

Same exact items, same level, only one was Laundered and one was still marked stolen.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard, but have not tested, that if you launder a stolen piece of gear you get better inspiration on decon (the same as if it was a mob looted item).

OK, I tested Stolen vs Laundered on Decon

Laundered Metal 9588
    Stolen Metal 958

Laundered Cloth 10306
    Stolen Cloth 1029

Same exact items, same level, only one was Laundered and one was still marked stolen.

Thanks a bunch for this info :)
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laundering is only useful if you plan to use the item and not sell. Like as mentioned consumables or for decon (or for fun). The only other consideration is getting the related achievement. Also good for levelling Legerdemann when you used up your daily selling limit.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laundering is also useful for items (like motifs and recipes) that you can sell in a guild store for much more than you can vendor it.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Laundering is also useful for items (like motifs and recipes) that you can sell in a guild store for much more than you can vendor it.

Also for stuff that you want to give to another of your characters since you can't bank stolen items
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.