The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

motifs

Jalor
Jalor
I have the blue motifs on my crafter but see some some purple ones as well. do they only add to the style of what you are crafting or is there something else they do. I cant see paying as much as they go for just for a style.

Best Answer

• BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jalor wrote: »
    I have the blue motifs on my crafter but see some some purple ones as well. do they only add to the style of what you are crafting or is there something else they do. I cant see paying as much as they go for just for a style.

Just cosmetic.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
    Answer ✓
  • Jalor
    Jalor
    Thanks. At least I know I don't need to worry about buying them for awhile.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, if I find them ingame thats cool, if not my characters will have to cope with only 9 styles to choose from.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here, if I find them ingame thats cool, if not my characters will have to cope with only 9 styles to choose from.

With the addition of Orsinium, the purple rare motifs (Barbaric, Primal, Ancient Elf, Daedric) now drop there. Previously, they only dropped in Vet zones.

I also looted a Daedric motif in the Hollow City in Coldharbour this past weekend, so you don't even have to have the Orsinium DLC in order to loot it prior to the Vet zones.

Also, with the wider availability of these motifs, the prices should come down.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 1, 2015 9:54PM