Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need to use medium/light armor for your build but think heavy armor looks WAY cooler? Me too.

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm going full stamina, so medium armor all the way for me. I hate the way it looks though. I want to use Xivkyn, but the heavy armor looks so much cooler than the medium. I need the medium armor for my build, but the RP side of me NEEDS that heavy armor.

I have an idea for something that could be done to solve this conundrum.

You know that appearance slot next to jewelry that you only ever use during quests that require you wear disguises? I think that could be used to solve our problem.

Hear me out, we craft a full set of the armor that looks cool. Then we transform the whole thing into a single item that goes into the appearance slot. All stats, enchantments, traits, armor value, etc. would all be removed from it, but we'd be able to wear it on top of the gear we have to use for our build.

So...it's basically like making your own costume out of armor parts.

What do you think? Do you think ZOS should implement a feature like this?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Crickiit
    Crickiit
    I would go for this 100 percent
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd use it to do low level Khajiit armor for most of my male orcs.... I just love looking at fine delts....

/wipeawaythedrool
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I quit my long relationship with DCUO and started to beta test ESO, 1 thing I missed the most was the appearance system in DCUO. As you played you found gear that had styles just like in ESO, but when u wore that gear the style was added in your "appearance tab" and in time it grew quite impressive. You had your own gear tab and separate appearance tab where you could choose the visuals for every armor and weapon piece and create very unique look + dye it with any color u may think of. It was a game about DC comics so the world was different...

While saying this I perfectly understand it doesn't fit in the world of TES... still I miss it greatly - it was perfect for people who could use hours for creating unique looks. I in fact feedbacked that idea in beta before I really embraced the fact that this is ESO a TES game and had to think something else.

So I tried to think lore/game friendly system that have more variety in looks, but where heavy armor users look like heavy armor users etc. And since game already had costumes and I knew in some point there would be many more, it had to be something else than creating costumes. Then I had this idea:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/121362/master-crafter-new-perk-for-crafting/p1

While it doesn't allow what OP is requesting, it does allow more customization in lore/game friendly way.
    Paired with preview option and pretty solid dye system it would make me and many more at least partially satisfied for ESOs customization options that are now at least lacking a bit.

That being said I've long been liking the idea that ESO would have a costume contests:
    So that we players could create a "costume" (armor set) -> dye it -> send picture and details to them -> they pick the best ones - we vote our favorite -> number one gets to be crown store costume.
    Wouldn't be unique look for long, but can't see ZOS making it happen unless they profit from it.

In short:
    Appearance...style...aesthetics...whatAheadacheAAARrgggh-_-

Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    get a xivkyn polymorph
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to wear medium or light, but look cool in heavy Xivkyn armour? Get the Dreadguard poly

nqxPDzT.jpg

I'm wearing light armour.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Want to wear medium or light, but look cool in heavy Xivkyn armour? Get the Dreadguard poly

nqxPDzT.jpg

I'm wearing light armour.

wow, but that looks really awesome!! where and how and for how much can I get it (I am noob to PVP, so I have no idea, no trolling, asking)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    wow, but that looks really awesome!! where and how and for how much can I get it (I am noob to PVP, so I have no idea, no trolling, asking)
    I actually get A LOT of whispers if I'm strolling through starting areas with this getup asking the same thing. It's a polymorph you have a random chance at obtaining when opening lockboxes from Tel Var vendors in the Imperial City.
    There's 3 types of poly's you can find.

Edit: Forgot to say how much.. well it all depends on your luck! I bought 54 of the 600 TV stone boxes to get mine. If you buy the 3k or 6k boxes your chances are MUCH higher. Some have reported getting it on their first to third attempts with those.
    Edited by Alucardo on December 1, 2015 9:01AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The idea in OP has been presented on these forums numerous times, and it's a damn good idea every time.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I want to like it, I'm against the idea. If you want the cool looks of HA, you should have to wear it, not have it both ways. If you want the Xivkyn heavy armour look, go earn yourself the poly. It looks better anyway.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    While I want to like it, I'm against the idea. If you want the cool looks of HA, you should have to wear it, not have it both ways. If you want the Xivkyn heavy armour look, go earn yourself the poly. It looks better anyway.

To everyone suggesting the polymorphs are the way to go...you can't dye polymorphs.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to wear what you want and look how you want.

Your talking about magic, lightening, Daderic Princes, and Dragons the fact you draw the reality line at armor is not in the slightest defensible.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    You should be able to wear what you want and look how you want.

Your talking about magic, lightening, Daderic Princes, and Dragons the fact you draw the reality line at armor is not in the slightest defensible.

Who are you responding to? me or one of the other comments?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone suggesting the polymorphs are the way to go...you can't dye polymorphs.
    There's a huge difference between "This is the way to go", and "I think this is a bad idea, but here's a compromise". Xivkyn poly is a compromise, not a solution to your problem
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of thing would be brilliant. I hate how the Redguard medium armor changed from having a headdress type thing to a helmet when I got to full-leather, I think it looks silly now and way too ornate. I'd love to have the option to wear the older style without compromising my character's protection.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."