The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My vet 12 Templar needs your help. For she is sad. Ps. I hope this is right post. If not please move

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
I am vet 12 Imperial templar. I get killed really easy. All my points into magicka. I wear light armor. But wondering if I should switch to heavy armor. I can't stay up in 1v1 dueling. I get destroyed by lower level easy. :) I also don't do much damage at all. So I switched on my second bar. All fighters guild skills. I tested these skills on enemy npc's in pvp. No damage at all. I not on my ps4 else I list were I put my champion points. I also use 2'cyrodiil light rings. Any help I be forever grateful. :) many thanks.
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also only use restoration staffs to for both weapon slots
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. dont use fighter skills on a magicka build except for dawnbreaker because they scale of weapondamage and stamina
    2. 2x resto staff is not the best choice if you want to deal more damage use 2 swords for more spelldamage while using puncturing sweep
    3. pls post your build, gear etc so I can give you more info :)
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I have a Magicka templar Vr13 and am running the following,

5 Light and 2 Heavy,
    I am using:
    5 pce Kragenacs Hope ,
    4 pieces Magnus,

All Attributes into Magicka,

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    My templar was also weak and puny when using 7xlight armour, so i switched to 5xlight (seducer) and 2xheavy magnus plus 2xstaffs in magnus. I also enchanted my chest piece with max health, all others are max magic. Now she is so much tougher, although you still need to be ready with the old BoL and watcing your distance in any cqc situation. Oh, and Warlock jewellery.

I also learnt provisioning and keep myself well stocked with health regen drinks and max health foods.

I end up switching my slotted skills around depending if i'm solo'ing or grouping, sometimes I end up having BoL on both bars.

Chris
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
  • Remdale
    Remdale
    ✭✭
    You want to make sure you have 20-25K health in PvP. I have 15K health regularly but Cyrodiil gives a 5K boost, and you can eat food for another 5K health/magicka which comes to 25K. You can either wear 5 heavy or 5 light, and the remaining two be the other, possibly with one as medium for stamina regeneration /etc. Of course you'd have to have the passives for those armor types. Good set bonus is vital. You need the Major Ward buff for damage mitigation - increases armor and spell resistance. The Heavy Armor skill gives this and the final skill in the Templar healing branch, they work differently and don't stack. If you have the buff and health I outlined, you should be able to keep yourself up just by spamming the Puncturing Sweeps skill on an enemy. The trouble is when you run out of stamina and can't CC break. You'll likely be wanting to use Stamina pots to prevent that. It's normal to use pots and have food buff in PvP and they make quite a difference.

The best thing you can do is keep playing and keep learning.
    Edited by Remdale on November 30, 2015 4:22PM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I am very thankful you all helping me. I will do what you all suggested. All very helpful tips. Many thanks