Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 209 - PatchManifestError_Version Fail

Brightxdawn
Brightxdawn
✭✭✭
New patch and I cannot get the game to boot right. Already repaired 3 times and nothing seems to work.
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    I followed all these steps on the KB page and nothing worked. Now the game is telling me I do not have enough space. I have over 30GB free space on my HD.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a manifest error too.What has worked in the past and what works for me now, is running the game via a shortcut to the eso.exe directly, bypassing the launcher.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't repair it is a waste of time. This error has been around since release. Launch the game from eso.exe and you should be able to log into the game. Only use the launcher for updates.

If you open and close the launcher a few times you will get a good launcher if you insist on using the launcher to get into the game. Most of us never use the launcher except on patch day. Just make a shortcut on your desktop to the eso.exe and you are good to go.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New patch and I cannot get the game to boot right. Already repaired 3 times and nothing seems to work.

have you tried running the exe file with "run as administrator"? that worked for me after every patch.
    Edited by altemriel on December 1, 2015 10:05AM
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    This is something of an ongoing problem.. see also http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230232/patch-broke-launcher
    What I lack in gameplaying ability I make up for in smack talk.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As posted above, when you get the error don't repair just close the launcher and open it again. It may take 2-3 tries but eventually you get the play button. This often happens after a new patch, but clears up on it's own eventually.