The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pointers for build development please

sumguy421
sumguy421
Soul Shriven
Im returning after only having played at launch. Are there any key points i need to keep in mind while developing a build? Should i have an even amount of stamina and magic skills on my bar?
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Min/max.
    Stamina go hundings rage and agility
    Magicka go julianos and willpower

Redguard is strongest stamina race
    Highelf is strongest magicka race

Magicka sorc and stam nb are the best pvp classes atm

Pve dps
    Magicka dk
    Magicka sorc
  • sumguy421
    sumguy421
    Soul Shriven
    What about skill allocation? How much is to much when it comes to magicka/stamina skills? I heard something about having a stamina sink on your bar
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sumguy421 wrote: »
    What about skill allocation? How much is to much when it comes to magicka/stamina skills? I heard something about having a stamina sink on your bar

If you are a stam build put all your points into stam. If magicka qll points go into magicka. Reasoning is that weapon power is increased, in part, by max stam. Spell power increased, in part, by max magicka.

If you NEED more health or more of the off attribute use enchantments.

When you pick skills focus on skills that use the type of attribute you focus in. Some skills may be one attribute at first but have a morph that switches the attribute. Don't put all your skills to one attribute tho, you will want a skill or two that uses your off attribute as well, otherwise it is wasted. For instance, I buff myself with a magicka skill, cc the enemy with a magicka skill, but all my attacks are stam which is my main attribute (i have a lot of it therefore i can spam wrecking blow... i mean, all my attacks). :)
    Edited by robkrush on November 30, 2015 8:47PM
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id say concentrate on 2 attributes only, (if not one)

The min/maxing approach is the appropriate one to be competitive atm.

I'm the anti-min/maxer and somehow get by, but patches and changes etc... are not friendly to me at all
    Btw Thanks for the jab nerf @ZOS, as if Temps didnt already have enough nerfs -_-
  • sumguy421
    sumguy421
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all for the advice! Now timeto remake my nightblade as i was balancing magicka and stamina in that build hehe oops