The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Refine tempers, now!

toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
there are just too many green and blue tempers that no one will buy and to destroy them after so much work. im talking about hundreds sitting there in the guild store waiting to be bought.
i was thinking that tempers really need to be refined so they will have a value, so are the aspect runes.
500 greens =1 yellow
100 blues =1 yellow
25 purples =1 yellow
so
20 greens =1 purple
4 blues =1 purple
so
5 greens =1 blue

and for the aspect runes:
500 ta =1 kuta
250 jejota =1 kuta
50 denata =1 kuta
10 rekuta =1 kuta
so
50 ta =1 rekuta
25 jejota =1 rekuta
5 denata =1 rekuta
so
10 ta =1 denata
5 jejota =1 denata
so
2 ta =1 jejota
  • astraea360
    astraea360
    ✭✭
    Great idea. This seems like an interesting fix to all the bag space and wasted greens and blues sitting around my bank.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too good to be true. :)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too good of a suggestion. No way.
    PC EU
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always seemed strange to me that improvement requires more of the rare mats, there's no sink for the over-abundant lower quality stuff.

Anyway, your numbers are unnecessarily complicated. I assume you attempted to approximate relative prices to prevent some big wealth transfers, but I think that's not needed. Some speculators will make or lose tons of gold if such change is implemented, but that's basically what happens with every addition to the game, and the market simply adjusts afterwards.

Make it 10x lower => 1x higher for both tempers and runes.
    Edited by Merlight on November 30, 2015 4:38PM
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome idea OP. I totally agree with the concept.
    Edited by miked83b14_ESO on December 2, 2015 7:31AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sounds good
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refine tempers so that they have value.

Market is flooded with gold tempers.

Gold tempers no longer have value.

Refining tempers no longer has value.

Were worse off then where we started.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    there are just too many green and blue tempers that no one will buy and to destroy them after so much work.

If no one will buy them, they are overpriced.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really needs to happen. My inbox is inundated daily with as many as 20 of each green, especially after decon.

I have over 1000 of each already. Really dont need them, cant even pawn them off to anyone.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    This really needs to happen. My inbox is inundated daily with as many as 20 of each green, especially after decon.

I have over 1000 of each already. Really dont need them, cant even pawn them off to anyone.

Seriously I play on PC NA and EU. Feel free to pawn away!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    What! just because there are 1000000000:1 --- Ta:Kuta in the game. What would you do without all those Ta... Someone actually bought a stack of Ta off the trader yesterday. They must be thinking that they would get good xp gains from such an amount (heh).
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes please
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or simply make em worth more to NPC vendors so you can sell a stack for a decent amount of money if all else fails.

Honestly I dont deconstruct green items. EVER. I sell that equipment, and make anywhere from 35ish to 250ish gold. Why isn't the honing stone worth that much?

This would have less people trying to sell the stacks to make money etc...

Refining tempers isn't a bad idea either, but the implementation of that mechanic makes me fear how little ZOS will let Gold tempers drop... (at the moment, refining ores actually has a decent chance of netting you some)
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when rekuta sold for 850 gold and kuta for 3 k

Now rekuta sells for 300 and kuta for 10 k

Changes to hirelings never giving kuta anymore and probably to blame, using rekuta was a great way to level up enchanting on your alts fast, i guess now nobody bothers with this anymore
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good idea! But I have been making good coin from them Kutas.....
  • cossamaximus
    Will never work,

Makes it far to easy to make legendary gear. Would be no real point in farming/grinding to get anything other than green items, which are everywhere anyway. No need to grind through anything, to get the best gold and purple gear, simple just make it yourself. So no point in Dragon Star Arena or MS...drops of this level will be useless.

Especially so if you suggest the same with runes, everyone will be making the best glyphs without the need to buy or grind to get a good one dropped in IC or Orsinium.

Everyone will be in gold gear form the get go near enough, unless ZOS drastically drop the rate at which greens drop.

Not only this, guild stores wouldn't benefit no more, as everyone would already have the best stuff...no need to spend stupid money to get the gear you want/need. Trading guilds would be obsolete, as every other person whom is willing to farm an hour or two a week, would enough tempers to make whatever they wanted.

The game would need levelling out again too, simply because everyone will be running around in gold gear, with the best weapons for their level killing everything. It will become so easy.

I mean seriously, if this was the case, the amount of greens I have in my bank would allow me to make gold gear for everyone on this thread! And then some.

If guild stores are overflowing with green and blue tempers then maybe ZOS needs actually not allow these to be sold, just like trait stones...put a cap on the amount that each character can farm too, stopping people making shed loads of purple and gold tempers and exploiting every bugger else by charging silly money.

Silly idea in my view...
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    i see some are agree some dont. the ideea was not to make all people having legenday gear, coz i dont think u can get 500 greens pretty easily and for 1 yellow when u need 8 for 1 gear, assuming u have 10 items all in blacksmithing 8x10x500=40.000, and maybe u need purple gear at level 14 aswell :D
    anyways the thing was that i could get rid of these items in a usefull way

PS
    oh and ive been farming aspect runes for days 40-50 nodes maybe and no kuta, remeber it was dropping more before the Orsinium patch
    Edited by toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO on December 2, 2015 6:20PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if the specific formulas in the OP would work, but I would be a fan of a deterministic way to get anything in this game.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the OP idea. Of course the exchange would need to be sufficient that the price of high quality tempers, etc would not be effected. There might be some cause and effect to explore though.
    -This could Create a demand for low quality tempers.
    - It might lower the value of all items cause by more trading.
    - it might be more incentive to level crafting and craft for yourself, there for take away a market for other Crafters. However I'd say Harvesting in Orsinium is already doing this since you can harvest anything you are not able to craft.
    Or simply make em worth more to NPC vendors so you can sell a stack for a decent amount of money if all else fails.

Making them worth more at vendors could work if vendor price could change with the market. We could simple vendor our abundant mats for say 75% of market value since they are not selling to players anyways.

Unrelated but what ever ...
    I think many items should have a base value higher then they currently do and that guild stores should be designed to not allow prices bellow vendor value + listing fee + taxes + 2 %. No item should trade for less then you can get at a vendor and for some silly reason this still seems to happen according to pricing add ons.
    Edited by Essiaga on December 3, 2015 3:14AM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »

Making them worth more at vendors could work if vendor price could change with the market. We could simple vendor our abundant mats for say 75% of market value since they are not selling to players anyways.

ESO doesn't need more gold poured into the economy. If something doesn't sell, how do you know its market value?
    Essiaga wrote: »
    Unrelated but what ever ...
    I think many items should have a base value higher then they currently do and that guild stores should be designed to not allow prices bellow vendor value + listing fee + taxes + 2 %. No item should trade for less then you can get at a vendor and for some silly reason this still seems to happen according to pricing add ons.

Why not? It's always nice to find mats sold for 3g. Maybe some people have enough gold and like helping strangers, so they ask less than they'd get from vendors... Or they just didn't bother checking vendor prices (probably because they have too much gold to care ;))
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • cossamaximus
    To add to my previous comment, toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO you are right, I just simply jumped the gun yesterday, and, after getting home yesterday afternoon, I soon realised, I really only had enough geens to enable me to convert 1 piece all the way to gold. So yes theoretically the system would work in that sense. And in fact most senses....oh just wait...180degrees....I like the idea now. lol oopss sorry, my bad!

Don't get me wrong, a form of this idea would work...but there is so much else to implement, that it will never happen! And my anger so to speak was not so much the idea, all though I called it silly...forgive me for that, its the fact that really... how often does ZOS actually listen to us, and implement a change or a suggested idea??

Come on, how many great ideas are we always coming up with, loads on these forums....

They need to find a system that works, not a system that needs tweaking every few weeks/months to ensure they attempt to keep it balanced and working as intended.

Edited by cossamaximus on December 3, 2015 6:42AM
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    in blacksmithing
    honing stones are 12g and temepering alloys are 8k
    8000:12=666 honing stones for each temp alloy
    if 500 honing stones=1 temp alloy it wouldnt change much the prices but...
    perhaps it will raise the price for greens and blues (more demands and less supply) and ofc for temp alloy, but just now when banks and bags are full of small tempers, after, things will go back to normal
    like i said i dont wanna get legendary fast i just wanna clean my bank in a usefull way

Edited by toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO on December 3, 2015 10:32AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would go a long way towards making them worth while and hold a value again. Would love to see it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 base VR16 mat is worth more than the weapon or gear they were in, so my greens and blues are piling up again. I can't say the same for purples though, I've been doing a lot of gear making/testing lately.

+1 for this idea.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    This is an idea that has been popping up in one form or another since the first quarter after going live. It has never been given even a sniff by ZOS, no matter how good an idea it seems to the player base. Even though it's an old thought, I still like the idea. Maybe this time will be different?
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    What! just because there are 1000000000:1 --- Ta:Kuta in the game. What would you do without all those Ta... Someone actually bought a stack of Ta off the trader yesterday. They must be thinking that they would get good xp gains from such an amount (heh).

I think people undervalue the Ta's for what they truly are. People with new accounts/characters still need to level enchanting. Ta's are the best way to do this. No one is going to get me to level enchanting from 1-50 using denatas or rekutas...let alone Kuta. So there is still some value to them albeit for leveling only.
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • junkymuscle
    i like the idea because atfer this update it seem is so hard to get legendarys i just refine 1200 raw material and got 0 legendarys i had max cratfing so picking stuff is not working anymore and is real boring i guess selling raw materials and buying legendary is the way to go,eso nerfing got out of hand this time which make the game hard to enjoy i want to be able to try to play in many ways,try many armor sets but the restriccion in legendarys is wrong plus the gold recipe in orsinium is a slap in the face it give to little and cost to much to make it should give 5000 hp and 400 recovery in all of it atfer all is a 3 k for a single food.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Refine tempers so that they have value.

Market is flooded with gold tempers.

Gold tempers no longer have value.

Refining tempers no longer has value.

Were worse off then where we started.

LOL I WISH! Took me 20 mins to buy 2x reasonably priced KUTA in Stormhaven today
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »
    Mike0987 wrote: »

I think people undervalue the Ta's for what they truly are. People with new accounts/characters still need to level enchanting. Ta's are the best way to do this.

No they aren't. I use Denatas and Rekutas.
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    If you have all these tempers laying around why not just make armor or weapons and sell them on the market? This is what Ive been doing so I gladly buy a lot of green and blue tempers. I'm on PS4 so maybe thats why selling armor and weapons is profitable but I cant see it being too different on the other platforms.