The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's wrong with Imperial City?

Niaver
Niaver
✭✭✭✭
I just bought Crown Pack 5500, so now i can buy both DLCs from Crown Store. As I understand the public opinion about Orsinium is great. But I do see a lot of negative opinions about IC, what's it all about? Are the quests boring or something? Or it is just that ppl don't like to be killed by other players and lose all their stones? I would really appreciate your comments guys.
PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow

Best Answers

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The quests are fine, but once you complete them, there are no real objectives left. It was hyped as a PvP-centric update since last year's QuakeCon, but all it turned out to be was a PvP-enabled PvE zone. A lot of grinding for stones, a lot of nightblades (the place doesn't even pretend it's not a Dark Cloak paradise), enemy zergs runing any solo/small group effort if you happen to run into one.

It can be fun if you don't mind the high risk of death, the problem is that it's kinda abandoned now. I got my jewelry, so I don't go there anymore except to buy crafting mats. Too busy in Wrothgar. The group dungeons are good though, and included in regular pledge rotation.
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first the only reason I went into IC was for the polys, motifs and other special items (agility jewellery), but I really grew to appreciate IC as a mini DLC. Yeah, I'll call it mini because it doesn't feel like a major part of the game - just a small piece to farm mats for TV stones.
    If anything all it needs is some more objectives and rewards, but other than that it's really not bad. There's nothing funnier than watching someone rush ahead through the tunnels, aggro a sewer boss then run past you screaming.
    I loved the inclusion of things like trapped chests (summons a portal of daedra) and trove scamps (special scamps that will attempt to flee, but sometimes drop valuable stuff if you kill them). It's little things like that which bring it to life and make it more interesting.
    It's not bad at all.
    Answer ✓
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE quest-wise IC has one initial quest sending you to each of six districts and a final step in a separate cathedral. Some of the quest steps need a group to kill a boss. If you have a group, the quests take few hours to do. Then there are six dailies like fetch x, push y, return to base. That's all. Rest is grinding or ganking grinders.

The best IC PvE content are the two dungeons: White Gold Tower and Impreial City Prison. These are great places for a group of four. At normal level they are easy to do. Veteran level is challenging and needs a well-coordinated teamspeak group. If you are after gear sets, be prepared to run it over hundred times. Drop rates are awfully low. You get a piece or two per run, and many runs with nothing. Because the loot table is big, getting a full set is very difficult.

Orsinium is more like a full ESO zone, full questline, Maelström solo arena and world boss/dungeon dailies. It only lacks group dungeon. It has two public dungeons.

I recommend buying Orsinium. If you want to try IC, i recommend to subscribe for a month. Otherwise don't bother to buy it. If you end up liking it, you got 1500 crowns from subscription covering half the price.

If you don't buy IC, you will miss these:
    - You have to buy V16 potency runes from guild vendors, now in EU they are under 4k gold.
    - Tanks may decide to buy Hakeijo tristat runes at about 40k.
    - You have to buy Tel Var stone gear sets like Shield Breaker from guild vendors.
    - IC has three set crafting tables.
    - IC is best grind spot for XP and V16 mats.
    - You can't get gear sets from the two dungeons like Spell Power Cure or Overwhelmig.
    Everything else can be gathered in Orsinium. Orsinium allows to craft sets like Julianos or run world boss dailies for Briarheart set. I think these are better for DD/heal than IC sets, but craftable Armor Master from IC is superior to Orsinium sets for tanks. I am not starting a best-set debate, just pointing that gearwise you lose hardly anything if not buying IC.
    Edited by helediron on November 28, 2015 2:50PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Answer ✓
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The PvErs don't like getting ganked by people who live and breath PvP, don't enjoy losing their stones to same, and eventually run out of unique quest content--and except for the getting ganked, there isn't much else for them to do. The PvPers don't like the lack of things to fight over, and aren't keen on their armor degrading down to nothing before they find enemy players to fight.

That said, it's not a BAD DLC; the quests were decent and it's something to do when there's no action in Cyrodiil proper.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    Answer ✓