The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lovecraftian skills or armor? Come on, now.

CloudHidden
CloudHidden
Soul Shriven
It's clear that, among many other inspirations, Elder Scrolls has always taken inspiration from HP Lovecraft. All the Herma mora quest lines, for example, play like a Lovecraft novel. I used to love the skills and powers of Miraak/His armor. It would be really cool to see something like that in ESO. Some skill lines that are straight out of weird tales; black tentacles, poison damage, etc, even if its just an armor set power like with Miraaks. It seems like alot of the skills, powers, and armor sets, all generally have the same effect or basis.

Does anyone else long for some more unique skills or armor set effects? Besides how dope the set looked, and how cool his staff was, Miraaks armor having a 20 percent change at expelling black poisonous tentacles every time you were hit was amazing. Something like this?
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the newest set Briaheart has something like. If I recall it's like a 20% chance to summon thorns to sap HP or something.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree it would be nice to see more Lovecraftian inspired things in the game. Some kind of sword with an eye in the hilt, perhaps the sword of Hermaeus Mora, that would be very badass.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Corellon Thromorin
    Corellon Thromorin
    ✭✭✭
    I actually want them to make stuff less magical.
    It seems that everywhere I go there are master spellcasters when it shouldn't be like that.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystic Orb seems kinda Lovecraft inspired to me.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU