Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Enchanting, Enchanting, Enchanting. . .

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I was just wondering what exactly is the deal with the enchanting skill tree. I've been thinking about it for a VERY long time now, but held off on asking about it (due to my assumptions of it being reworked already). Orsinium's release has me further concerned, being as the following things I'm about to list have not been reworked by the developers.

First off, enchanting is probably the most important crafting tree (IMO). Why? Because it enable the gear that we use to have special properties. So, why is it that on the Runestone Extraction skill -- once maxed out it only yields a 10% for each type of runestone to be extracted? While in: Blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking, their respective extraction maximizes the chance of extracting said materials (which ever percentage that is)?

Second of all, why is there no ability to have 1 set of enchantment runestones make an option of 4 glyphs? Here, I'll explain. Both alchemy and provisioning is classified as a "consumable". Correct? And both of them (alchemy and provisioning) have skills which enable them to make 4 of a particular consumable with only 1 set of materials (e.g. instead of having 1 potion or drink/food, you'd have 4 for the required amount of only 1 potion).

And lastly, why is... Uh... >_> I forgot the third reason. Erm... Well this is embarrassing... But STILL! Why is this, ZOS? If you could all explain it to me, I'd really appreciate it. Or maybe some of my fellow community members can break it down for me. Thanks in advance. ^_^
  • Stranglehands
    Stranglehands
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because you just don't need that much in the way of mats. Enchanting glyphs aren't quite "consumable" in the same way as potions and food because you only have to use them once and you're done. To kit out a full set of gear takes 11 or 12 glyphs - i.e. 12 potency runes, essence runes hardly matter because they're everywhere, and 12 aspect runes (kuta is the main limiting factor for max level stuff here). To do the same with armour takes all the base material needed to craft the armour, plus (say you're crafting max level stuff so want to make sure you don't fail): 2 green, 3 blue, 4 purple and 8 gold improvement items, per piece of armour.

I'm grinding for VR16 gear at the moment and the enchantments are the easy part - I can spend an hour or so in imperial city dungeons killing stuff then buy the potency runes, and i might have to hustle for the last 2 kuta runes but enchanting dailies have been a pretty good source of them so far
    Edited by Stranglehands on November 26, 2015 12:43PM
    .kcoR gnillaF si noitadnuoF esohw ETIYREP oT
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because you just don't need that much in the way of mats. Enchanting glyphs aren't quite "consumable" in the same way as potions and food because you only have to use them once and you're done. To kit out a full set of gear takes 11 or 12 glyphs - i.e. 12 potency runes, essence runes hardly matter because they're everywhere, and 12 aspect runes (kuta is the main limiting factor for max level stuff here). To do the same with armour takes all the base material needed to craft the armour, plus (say you're crafting max level stuff so want to make sure you don't fail): 2 green, 3 blue, 4 purple and 8 gold improvement items, per piece of armour.

I'm grinding for VR16 gear at the moment and the enchantments are the easy part - I can spend an hour or so in imperial city dungeons killing stuff then buy the potency runes, and i might have to hustle for the last 2 kuta runes but enchanting dailies have been a pretty good source of them so far

• poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup the Kutas been dropping well lately.
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭

Kuta is not the main limiting factor for max level enchantments. The main limiting factor for max level enchantments is v16 potency runes, which are more rare (drop-wise) than nirncrux ever was.

Prior to max level, what you said would be correct...Kuta would be the main limiting factor for (gold quality) enchants. This includes previous max levels (i.e. v14, etc.)
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galbsadi wrote: »

Kuta is not the main limiting factor for max level enchantments. The main limiting factor for max level enchantments is v16 potency runes, which are more rare (drop-wise) than nirncrux ever was.

Prior to max level, what you said would be correct...Kuta would be the main limiting factor for (gold quality) enchants. This includes previous max levels (i.e. v14, etc.)

They are driving Imperial City sales here.

You can buy v16 potency runes with telvar stones.

Realizing that there are some substantial performance issues in Cyrodil the developers are really partial to keeping PVP players rich.

You can also only get the tri-stat essence tune in Imperial City.

It's a huge turn off for me me but then again I think I'm the only the player in the game that has a problem with PVP skill tree lines being some of the best PVE skills in the game.