Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate Black Fredas with Big Sales"

• tap3ahchinaeb17_ESO
    The choice of the bundle items is simply terrible.
    If you are interested in mount only you are forced to throw away a lot of crowns on stuff you don't need. Lot's of people have their riding skills maxed on all their characters, and some of them don't want to use boosts. I'll end up buying the whole bundle just for the mount which means I'll pay for it 600 crowns more than other guars.
    Please reconsider selling the mount separately, or at least create the alternate bundle with same mount and different choice of convenience items (ie. bag upgrade instead of riding lessons).
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are interested in mount only you are forced to throw away a lot of crowns on stuff you don't need. Lot's of people have their riding skills maxed on all their characters, and some of them don't want to use boosts. I'll end up buying the whole bundle just for the mount which means I'll pay for it 600 crowns more than other guars.
    Please reconsider selling the mount separately, or at least create the alternate bundle with same mount and different choice of convenience items (ie. bag upgrade instead of riding lessons).

I don't agree. We pay 2000-3000 crowns normally for a limited edition mount on its own. This time however we're getting a mount and 5,800 crowns worth of consumables with it for only 1,900.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Neesei
    Neesei
    Soul Shriven
    At which hour will the prices change? It's 12PM over here but the crown packs still sit at their full price.
  • tap3ahchinaeb17_ESO
    Turelus wrote: »
    I don't agree. We pay 2000-3000 crowns normally for a limited edition mount on its own. This time however we're getting a mount and 5,800 crowns worth of consumables with it for only 1,900.

Good part of 5,800 crowns worth of consumables I won't be able to use. Every of my 4 characters has maxed riding, and I can't trade riding lessons. The only thing I can do with them is let them occupy my bank space until I create 5th character.
    If I'm buying bundled stuff I wouldn't buy otherwise, I'd like to be able to actually use it.
  • Fazmerir
    Fazmerir
    Darlgon wrote: »
    (...) ESO Plus members get access to DLCs and .. the ESO Plus char buff.. which are cool, plus 1500 Crowns a month, (...).
    Hey! I'm an ESO+ subs and I never got these extra Crowns/month! :o

Edited by Fazmerir on November 25, 2015 1:05PM
    PS4 EU Aldmeri Dominion
    PSN ID: Yoda001PT
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree. I have only one char and don't foresee to create any other, at least for now. The char has maxed all three riding skills so the value of this bundle is much less for me and therefore I won't buy it. However I would consider buying the bundle if it contained the bag/bank upgrades instead of riding lessons. Then it would be a great real black fredas' bargain for me.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the riding lessons not being worth it I can understand that sure enough. Although one could argue you can make a bank/mule alt and use the storage ones on that.
    You're getting a limited edition Guar mount (a mount normally worth 1,300 crowns) and the additional 5,800 crowns worth of items (want them or not) for an aditional cost of only 600 crowns. However the experience scrolls alone in this pack are worth 2,000 crowns making it a bargain for those alone which are useful to any character due to the CP grind at end game.

For a complete breakdown of what's in this pack.
    Mount: Unknown Value, most limited edition mounts (even reskins) are normally 1,500 - 3,000 crowns.
    XP Scrolls: 2,000 (Packs of five are 1,000 each)
    Mount Speed: 1,000 Crowns.
    Mount Space: 1,000 Crowns.
    Fort Meals: 400 Crowns
    Soul gems: 400 Crowns
    Tri-Pots: 1,000 Crowns
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fazmerir wrote: »
    (...) ESO Plus members get access to DLCs and .. the ESO Plus char buff.. which are cool, plus 1500 Crowns a month, (...).

@Fazmerir

Really? In addition to access, which is supposed to be a bonus, what you are supposedly buying is the 1500 Crowns a month, delivered when you pay.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_plus
    ZoS wrote:
    In-game Crowns
    1500 Crowns per 30 day membership, all Crowns given at time of payment.

So, when my 6 month sub charges, I get 9000 Crowns... and thats it until the next sub bill. When a monthly ESO Plus sub bills, the account should get 1500 Crowns added, monthly.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fazmerir wrote: »

@Fazmerir

Really? In addition to access, which is supposed to be a bonus, what you are supposedly buying is the 1500 Crowns a month, delivered when you pay.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_plus
    ZoS wrote:
    In-game Crowns
    1500 Crowns per 30 day membership, all Crowns given at time of payment.

So, when my 6 month sub charges, I get 9000 Crowns... and thats it until the next sub bill. When a monthly ESO Plus sub bills, the account should get 1500 Crowns added, monthly.

You're correct, as someone else who pays their sub in six month segments it's often been an annoyance to need to buy crowns earlier whilst waiting for the next batch to come through. Mine are actually due next month so I'll need to pick up some crowns via the sales here to get the Guar pack.
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what time on Wednesday (today) the BLACK FREDAS sale starts? Itchy trigger finger. :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Als3rd wrote: »
    Anyone know what time on Wednesday (today) the BLACK FREDAS sale starts? Itchy trigger finger. :)

@Als3rd I have a sneaking suspicion that's why we have account maintenance, and that it will be live after that ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Als3rd wrote: »

@Als3rd I have a sneaking suspicion that's why we have account maintenance, and that it will be live after that ;)

@MissBizz Ahhh yes. The good old "account maintenance ploy". I shudder to think what time that will be done, and done.. ;)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're updating the store in a half hour with all the sales!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're updating the store in a half hour with all the sales!

Thanks for these sales ZOS. I'll finally be throwing some additional money your way. @ZOS_GinaBruno , get yourself something pretty. :wink:

Thanks again.
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Espionage-
    Espionage-
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god I decided too wait a few days hoping for a sale :smiley:
    PS4 | DC |
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno or others,

NA-PC Crown Store Online

Never used the crown store for crown packs before. I don't see a selection for more than one Crown Pack? Do I have to complete 2 separate purchases to buy 2 Crown Packs.

Thanks
  • Fazmerir
    Fazmerir
    PS4 EU bundle online. Ty @ZOS_GinaBruno. :)
    PS4 EU Aldmeri Dominion
    PSN ID: Yoda001PT
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno or others,

NA-PC Crown Store Online

Never used the crown store for crown packs before. I don't see a selection for more than one Crown Pack? Do I have to complete 2 separate purchases to buy 2 Crown Packs.

Thanks

Yes, you can only purchase one pack per transaction.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

It's the first time I purchase crowns... you know it's a real PITA for Steam users ?
    Like... log on into ESO account => get mail => enter confirmation code => order crowns => be redirected to some redirecting service to Steam => get mail => enter confirmation code => enter credit card info => get Steam wallet filled in => go back to purchasing crowns => confirm => give billing address (they even want your phone number !!) => finally get crowns.
    (various capcha tests not included in the list :p )

I mean, it's nothing impossible if you really want it ... but it's truly hair-pulling. How about some sort of simplification here ? ;)
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 25, 2015 6:30PM
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

It's the first time I purchase crowns... you know it's a real PITA for Steam users ?
    Like... log on into ESO account => get mail => enter confirmation code => order crowns => be redirected to some redirecting service to Steam => get mail => enter confirmation code => enter credit card info => get Steam wallet filled in => go back to purchasing crowns => confirm => give billing address (they even want your phone number !!) => finally get crowns.
    (various capcha tests not included in the list :p )

I mean, it's nothing impossible if you really want it ... but it's truly hair-pulling. How about some sort of simplification here ? ;)

I always go to my account page and buy my crows directly from ZOS, thus skipping Steam. I do play ESO through Steam, but I use my account that I made during Beta days, not my steam account.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I always go to my account page and buy my crows directly from ZOS, thus skipping Steam. I do play ESO through Steam, but I use my account that I made during Beta days, not my steam account.

Didn't know it was possible this way. But... the two accounts must be linked somehow (when I purchased the game on Steam, it recongnized me automatically as a former beta tester and I got the monkey... ) ? Anyway I'll try that next time, thanks for the tip.

NB : did you actually purchase the game on Steam ? or just added the game afterwards on your Steam games ?

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 25, 2015 6:59PM
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't know it was possible this way. But... the two accounts must be linked somehow (when I purchased the game on Steam, it recongnized me automatically as a former beta tester and I got the monkey... ) ? Anyway I'll try that next time, thanks for the tip.

NB : did you actually purchase the game on Steam ? or just added the game afterwards on your Steam games ?

Yeah, I got the standard edition on steam, but the account I use (aka main account) is Imperial edition from ZOS during Beta time. The accounts are based on user names, not where one gets them from.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also confirming only being able to buy one pack at a time was annoying. Damnit ZOS make it easier for us to throw money at you! :tongue:
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I got the standard edition on steam, but the account I use (aka main account) is Imperial edition from ZOS during Beta time. The accounts are based on user names, not where one gets them from.

Well username is the same so I guess I'm screwed ;-)
    Not that important, but if ZOS could simplify, it would be welcome. I assume they don't decide alone and Steam has a say in all this.

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40% off anything in your cash shop is still 60% more expensive than what it's actually worth until after you fix your laggy broken unbalanced game.

Matt Firor, you can take that to the bank.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    With the game going to be on sale, I'm thinking of getting a second copy.
    Is it "OK" to own more than one copy of the game?
    If it is OK, how would that work?
    Do I log onto my account and go to the store and purchase it?

Please enlighten us.
    Thank you.
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the game going to be on sale, I'm thinking of getting a second copy.
    Is it "OK" to own more than one copy of the game?
    If it is OK, how would that work?
    Do I log onto my account and go to the store and purchase it?

Please enlighten us.
    Thank you.

It is OK.

For PC, you will need a new ESO Account and you will use the game activation code within that new account, or I suppose you could buy it from the store from that new account. Each account is independent.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU ZOS for the discounted Crown sales and XP Scroll discount!! I'll be stocking up. Even being a subscriber, I always have an alt who could use something, a new mount you say... oh, and tend to go through XP scrolls like water. ;)
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Jovaras
    Jovaras
    ✭✭
    5500 crows for 20.99 Euros - is this after discount? Or the discount is not yet in the store?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20.99 euros for 5500 crowns is after discount.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on November 26, 2015 10:38AM