Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changing campaigns without spending AP

mrdankles
mrdankles
✭✭✭
I tried to change when the campaign I was in ended and still got me for 155k AP. now I joined a EP owning everything 30 day (ps4) and it's just not fun at all with them owning everything...I don't have the 155k to leave that campaign. I seem to find that only a FEW are actually half balanced and it's impossible to get into Azuras with that being the only normal campaign with people.. How do I change at the end of one into another without wasting AP?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe you can't. I know, it sucks! I just stick to Azuras (EP) and deal with it when im in a waiting list of 60-100 people. Recently its been really empty though since i think we're the smallest alliance there
  • BigMacQ1971
    BigMacQ1971
    Soul Shriven
    I could use some support. I have asked ESO roughly four times thru the "HELP" menu but I only get the generic response about high traffic and check the FAQ. Here's my situation:

Home is Chillrend. Guest is Azura. I want to make Azura my home and Thornblade my guest. Each time Chillrend has ended, I have attempted to change to Azura but it wants 155K AP and then it resets me another week on Chillrend. I have tried to change my guest but it always tells me I must wait some period of time up to 2 days.

Since Azura is a 30 day and it has just reset, I am pretty much hosed again for this term but still want to make these changes. Someone told me I should stay completely out of Cyrodil for a couple of days and then 1) change my guest to Thornblade without going into Cyrodil and then 2) change my home to Azura. He can't say for sure if it will work so I am hesitant to completely stop PvP for two days (it is the main reason I play the darn game).

If someone could give me the right answer to fix this, I would appreciate it.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seem to remember Wheeler saying they are looking at this issue and working on changes
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do know, that you need to choose the option to change when the campaign ends before the campaign actually ends. Otherwise you take part in the next round of the campaign and have to wait (or pay) to get out.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 Changing Campaign from my experience.

When I want to change the campaign while it has days remaining, I do the following.
    I try to join another campaign.
    If the game says your current campaign is locked for X amount of time because you've recently entered the campaign, you have to wait until the cool down time, which is displayed, to change campaigns. I wait and return later.
    When I return, I select and join another campaign.
    Set as Home or Guest, whichever one you were changing in the beginning.
    Game does not charge you immediately. I used to hesitate because that big 15,000 (now 155k) was displayed, and then cringe when I select it.
    Next screen the Game prompts to do this now or later. I always choose Later and haven't been charged anything.
    If you choose now, that's when it costs you money.
    After the current campaign ends, I am automatically changed to the campaign I had chosen.
    When I first started, my home was in Rislav, and then Juilek, and then Chillrend, and now Azura Star. Never paid for any of the changes. I've bounced around different guest campaigns as well.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why they made the change. Ever since the patch the pvp has been a lot less fun and way too zergy. Can partly thank the 150k AP cost for that one.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

This is an issue man. Half my guildmates are stuck in a terrible campaign (Scourge) cause they don't have 150k AP to spend to reassign. They have not been in Scourge since the reset, and therefore should be allowed to move for free.

30 day campaigns with 150k AP fee to move are terrible. Broken system is broke.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    150k AP is really nothing though, an average evening solo play, taking the odd keep (maybe 2) as I like to roam solo or with 1 or 2 at most nets me 50k AP.

So 3 evenings is enough to switch campaigns. Sucks being blue, but it's not game breaking.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tist wrote: »
    Not sure why they made the change. Ever since the patch the pvp has been a lot less fun and way too zergy. Can partly thank the 150k AP cost for that one.

I didn't understand it either when it was announced. It seemed like Zeni thought it would make people (larger/PvP guilds?) commit to staying on one campaign rather than bouncing around so much. But I guess I never saw that as a problem as everyone could bounce around. Now, folks with a good amount of AP can still bounce if they want to, but those without much AP are forced to live with their choice until the campaign end.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Deandril
    Deandril
    ✭✭✭
    I had this problem before. Make sure you don't enter Cyrodil after your campaign ends. Use the option to auto switch at end of campaign. I wish they would make it so campaign choices had to be remade after it has ended. Seems it auto-re enlists you now if you enter Cyrodil.