Patch 2.2.5 - ninja nerf of all unofficial localizations. WHY, ZOS, WHY?

  • Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    I have to imagine it was unintended if they didn't make any kind of statement about changing their stance on allowing this type of addon.
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • Dawidko1200
    Dawidko1200
    Soul Shriven
     
    Edited by Dawidko1200 on May 21, 2018 4:25PM
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really sucks for you folks. What sucks even more, is that it's doubtful that ZOS staff will ever make an appearance here, or comment on the issue. It's not that they just don't care about non-English speaking players. They don't seem to have a grasp of basic customer service and communication with ANY of their players and paying customers. Their online support presence quite frankly sucks.
  • Kyros
    Kyros
    ✭✭
    Well as sad as it is to see the "whining" pile up, they have... well had people working in Europe too. If no one can be woke up for this "little" scratch in the machinery and give an official "whoops" statement, then the whining will just show how bad the service is. And it is. nothing unfair here.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kyros wrote: »
    @UltimaJoe777 sorry but looks like you know nothingabout addons, and ecpecially about this case with translations :)

    You are mistaken. I know plenty about such things but can you say the same?
    olsborg wrote: »

    Since it is not frowned upon by Zenimax for PC Players to use add-ons

    Why would it be frowned upon? ZOS supports the use and production of addons, they made the game that way.

    These add-ons are basically a third-party product. The only reason Zenimax allows them for PC users is because they know how much it enhances their experience. Needless to say, they would not allow them if it harmed the game in any way. Since they are third-party though they are not actively aiding them and are therefore not involved with them. If any patches or anything happen to prove incompatible with add-ons there is nothing Zenimax can do as they work to support the base game and not add-ons provided by third parties.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 10, 2015 1:42PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • WandaMey
    WandaMey
    ✭✭✭
    Kyros wrote: »
    Well as sad as it is to see the "whining" pile up, they have... well had people working in Europe too. If no one can be woke up for this "little" scratch in the machinery and give an official "whoops" statement, then the whining will just show how bad the service is. And it is. nothing unfair here.

    i'm not pretty i'm just freaking cute.
    and these quote answer someone else on another forum. A bit out of context here but, well we get the general feeling I suppose.
  • TERAB1T
    TERAB1T
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needless to say, they would not allow them if it harmed the game in any way.
    How can unofficial localizations harm anyone or anything?
  • Kyros
    Kyros
    ✭✭
    These add-ons are basically a third-party product. The only reason Zenimax allows them for PC users is because they know how much it enhances their experience. Needless to say, they would not allow them if it harmed the game in any way. Since they are third-party though they are not actively aiding them and are therefore not involved with them. If any patches or anything happen to prove incompatible with add-ons there is nothing Zenimax can do as they work to support the base game and not add-ons provided by third parties.

    actually ZOS have their staff members, at least two guys, who registered on ESOUI.COM and provide a support about addons
    its @ZOS_ChipHilseberg and one other guy

    you can find their posts on those site of addons, and also at the addon's section of this forum
    so you wrong again, @UltimaJoe777
    Edited by Kyros on November 10, 2015 1:52PM
  • WandaMey
    WandaMey
    ✭✭✭
    TERAB1T wrote: »
    Needless to say, they would not allow them if it harmed the game in any way.
    How can unofficial localizations harm anyone or anything?

    because when you read a foreign language backwards, you can hear the devil speaking.
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, we don't ask you to translate game into our native languages but just do not bother us to do it!
    PC EU
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TERAB1T wrote: »
    Needless to say, they would not allow them if it harmed the game in any way.
    How can unofficial localizations harm anyone or anything?

    The intent isn't what's harmful but rather how the program works. Be it intentional or not there is always the chance content can be malicious when provided by a third party.
    Kyros wrote: »
    These add-ons are basically a third-party product. The only reason Zenimax allows them for PC users is because they know how much it enhances their experience. Needless to say, they would not allow them if it harmed the game in any way. Since they are third-party though they are not actively aiding them and are therefore not involved with them. If any patches or anything happen to prove incompatible with add-ons there is nothing Zenimax can do as they work to support the base game and not add-ons provided by third parties.

    actually ZOS have their staff members, at least two guys, who registered on ESOUI.COM and provide a support about addons
    its @ZOS_ChipHilseberg and one other guy

    you can find their posts on those site of addons, and also at the addon's section of this forum
    so you wrong again, @UltimaJoe777

    So you say, and yet if Zenimax truly wanted to get that involved in add-on support they would just implement the features into the base game itself. Not saying you are lieing but it does seem like you are going out of your way to try to prove I know nothing.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow zos really wants to destroy their own game. Im sorry for all the work youve done with the addons
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

    Kitesquad Vol. 1

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Taemethius
    Taemethius
    ✭✭✭
    No mod response that is really sad.
  • Kyros
    Kyros
    ✭✭
    we really need an official response
  • WandaMey
    WandaMey
    ✭✭✭
    I've been told that we are bad people for keeping complaining while they are still sleeping.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this another case of some ZOS intern having no *** clue what does what and changing something without realizing the side effects?
  • DarioZ
    DarioZ
    ✭✭
    Italian translator reporting for duty.

    Actually I'm translating all alone the entire game and got pretty results for italian, 4% on the total made by one (actively working with only spare time from work and family) person.


    I could talk hours about the love, passion and dedication of me and the other translators, but I'm a fan of KISS formula:

    Please unlock other locales, we are not doing anything bad! It's all for the best (and more selling I'd say) of your game.


    By the way I also translated ALL the patch notes by now in Italian ( http://www.esoitalia.it/category/patch/ )
    Edited by DarioZ on November 10, 2015 2:40PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taemethius wrote: »
    No mod response that is really sad.

    To be totally honest I don't think that'll be maintained at this thread's current rate lol the negative atmosphere up in here is getting thicker and mods will likely pop in eventually to mellow it down some.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Kyros
    Kyros
    ✭✭
    DarioZ wrote: »
    Italian translator reporting for duty.

    Actually I'm translating all alone the entire game and got pretty results for italian, 4% on the total made by one (actively working with only spare time from work and family) person.


    I could talk hours about the love, passion and dedication of me and the other translators, but I'm a fan of KISS formula:

    Please unlock other locales, we are not doing anything bad! It's all for the best (and more selling I'd say) of your game.


    By the way I also translated ALL the patch notes by now in Italian ( http://www.esoitalia.it/category/patch/ )

    added to the first post
  • CradonWar
    CradonWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turkish translation leader here!

    I don't know why would people against additional languages? If they are not your native language, then just don't use them. And you said something to play Dota 2 or Metin 2. Why all this hatred? Weird. People may have different tastes like anyone else.

    We don't violating anything. Or we don't get paid for it. We even spend money. And we are working for ZOS in a way. In fact we deserve more. We are doing this voluntarily for people and we deserve some respect.

    Our works only changing three files of languages. We are adding them with "tr_" or "ru_" tags as it's supposed to be. And our "add-ons" only for fonts of that files. There are no anything extra. We are trying to be as default as official translations.

    Respects from Turkey.
    Edited by CradonWar on November 10, 2015 3:05PM
  • Kyros
    Kyros
    ✭✭
    Taemethius wrote: »
    No mod response that is really sad.

    To be totally honest I don't think that'll be maintained at this thread's current rate lol the negative atmosphere up in here is getting thicker and mods will likely pop in eventually to mellow it down some.

    yes, because of you
    i hope you will be banned for offence, hatred and attempts to ruin our topic
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kyros wrote: »
    Taemethius wrote: »
    No mod response that is really sad.

    To be totally honest I don't think that'll be maintained at this thread's current rate lol the negative atmosphere up in here is getting thicker and mods will likely pop in eventually to mellow it down some.

    yes, because of you
    i hope you will be banned for offence, hatred and attempts to ruin our topic

    Would be a false ban though considering I have said nothing offensive, not been hateful, and this topic cannot possibly be ruined lol (apologies if anyone has taken anything I have said offensive for it was not intended so)

    Also you clearly show personal hatred at me, but don't worry I do not hold any beef toward you for it lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 10, 2015 3:09PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Egonieser
    Egonieser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZoS intentionally locked out something so these addons don't work. I think they just didn't even have a clue such addons even existed ans simply went on doing their things without really paying attention how it would affect any addons.
    Many useful addons have been turned into shovelware because of changes to the game or API, and I'm not talking about malicious or harmful addons.
    Sometimes, I dream about...cheese...

    Dermont - v16 Pompous Altmer Sorcerer (With a very arrogant face!)
    Egonieser - v16 Nord Stamina Dragonborn Wannabe
    Endoly - v16 Tiny Redguard Sharpened MaceBlade
    Egosalina - v16 Breton Cheesus Beam Specialist
    Egowen - v16 Dunmer Whipping Expert (Riding crops eluded her)
    (Yes, I had to grind all these to v16)
    Akamanakh - lvl 22 Khajiit GankBlade (Inspired by Top Cat)
    Targos Icewind - lvl 34 Imperial (Future) Jabplar
    (CP 830+)

    PC - EU
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to give my cynical answer here and say sales have slacked off in these countries, and now that they have your money, this is a backdoor way of trimming server load without breaking the law.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I'm going to give my cynical answer here and say sales have slacked off in these countries, and now that they have your money, this is a backdoor way of trimming server load without breaking the law.
    I think the Illuminati are behind it.
  • WandaMey
    WandaMey
    ✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I'm going to give my cynical answer here and say sales have slacked off in these countries, and now that they have your money, this is a backdoor way of trimming server load without breaking the law.

    I was driven to the very same conclusion, but now that we know that even that does no good on loading times, the soonest they say "oooh sorry, our mistake" the better.
    Promise, we'll do as we suspected (rightly or wrongly) nothing.
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »
    I'm going to give my cynical answer here and say sales have slacked off in these countries, and now that they have your money, this is a backdoor way of trimming server load without breaking the law.
    I think the Illuminati are behind it.
    nope, they're not greedy enough
    Edited by WandaMey on November 10, 2015 3:34PM
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump, in the hope that you can all continue the wonderful work you are doing bringing this MMO to people who do not natively speak the base game language options.

    @Kyros
    pleas ignore ultima Joe. He comments in all kind of topics even if he has no knowledge or experience of. Best to just take what he says with a pinch of salt

    just yesterday he was trying to tell people complaining about maelstom arena potion/gold costs they should learn alchemy. Even though he is a PS4 console user so has no experience of that content yet, and likewise he is here commenting on the use of addons even though he plays the game on console not PC. engaging him will only derail what is a very poignent thread that does at the least deserve an official response
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WandaMey wrote: »
    nope, they're not greedy enough
    While it's ridiculous that they broke this, I see absolutely no way how greed plays a factor in this. There is nothing to gain for ZOS and only players to lose.

    Given ZOS' awesome history with having no clue how what their own code does, I'd say they just randomly *** up.

    [EDIT] They didn't *** up but just did not communicate with their customers as usual.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on November 10, 2015 4:00PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bump, in the hope that you can all continue the wonderful work you are doing bringing this MMO to people who do not natively speak the base game language options.

    @Kyros
    pleas ignore ultima Joe. He comments in all kind of topics even if he has no knowledge or experience of. Best to just take what he says with a pinch of salt

    just yesterday he was trying to tell people complaining about maelstom arena potion/gold costs they should learn alchemy. Even though he is a PS4 console user so has no experience of that content yet, and likewise he is here commenting on the use of addons even though he plays the game on console not PC. engaging him will only derail what is a very poignent thread that does at the least deserve an official response

    Yes willy we get Kyros hates me lol but his hate is purely biased and does not make what he says true or false but completely opinionated. I can verify based on that "spoiler" that the part about me being a PS4 player is true though lol especially since Chip just verified what I have been saying about these add-ons, more or less.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on November 10, 2015 3:51PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
Sign In or Register to comment.