Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collectible Achievement Guide (Spoiler Alert)

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar has LOTS of durzogs and bears. There are some mammoths, but hard to gauge their numbers since I've only seen a small portion of Wrothgar so far. Lots of harpys, ogres, spiders too.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some people (EP) had problems with Ice Wraiths. How are they working for you so far? Still only Coldharbour that is viable?
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    There's plenty of ice wraiths in Wrothgar, I know that...

Also, where is this Rahni Pit Cage that's mentioned in the patch notes? I have no idea where that is. Google yields nothing.

Edit: My best guess is The Trials of Rahni'Za, in Craglorn, which is yet another group thing. Dangit. We need soloable areas!!
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 4, 2015 9:11PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, Yes. When you go in and go past the arena, there is a cave in the back and there are some Wamasu in there (including a boss).

If you are just going for that boss, you can sneak your way to the cave entrance, and you would have to deal with maybe 1 or 2 groups of trash. They are V11, so you could likely solo it.
    The Moot Councillor
  • thunderhawk862002
    thunderhawk862002
    Soul Shriven
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    There's plenty of ice wraiths in Wrothgar, I know that...

Also, where is this Rahni Pit Cage that's mentioned in the patch notes? I have no idea where that is. Google yields nothing.

Edit: My best guess is The Trials of Rahni'Za, in Craglorn, which is yet another group thing. Dangit. We need soloable areas!!

Yes it is a cave in the back near the arena. However, getting there solo is nearly impossible. Before you can enter that area you have to beat a boss in the beginning of the Rahni quest after lighting the lecterns. I couldn't solo it and had to wait until someone was doing the same quest. It's doable with two people. I got the boss down to 1/4 health before it killed me. You can't cheap shot from afar solo as it just resets. When you do get to the Kagouti there are 7. However, for me they wouldn't respawn until I left Craglorn, killed some enemies and went back. It sucked but I got it. I'm a PS4 player so it might not apply to you.
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be a better place to farm Kwama... Burroot Kwama Mine has very few and I don't relish having to fight Thunderbugs constantly on top of Kwama.

Edit: Never mind, I managed to find two spawn points in the cave that are only kwama, and I'm going back and forth between them. Seems to be going faster now.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 7, 2015 2:06AM
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed a note earlier in the thread about Thunderbugs counting as Shulk. I can confirm this, as I was able to get the Mandible off of the Thunderbugs in Burroot Kwama Mine. Now I just have to hunt down nix hounds in Maelstrom Arena...
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed a note earlier in the thread about Thunderbugs counting as Shulk. I can confirm this, as I was able to get the Mandible off of the Thunderbugs in Burroot Kwama Mine. Now I just have to hunt down nix hounds in Maelstrom Arena...

I did my first ever DSA run today, and two of my group got the nix hound drop from the very few hounds that spawned in one round. Can't say I recommend this as a method for getting Multifacedted Eye...a long hard slog for a slim drop chance. Maybe this does show that the drop rate has improved and Maelstrom Arena will work for this.

On a side note, my group got kicked on the very last boss of vet Wayrest, with about 28% HP, and again halfway through DSA. That sucks eggs!!!
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the server rollbacks have been brutal this past week. :(

Edit: I *really* hope that Multifaceted Eye drops in normal mode in Maelstrom. Veteran mode is insane.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 8, 2015 5:51AM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember any Nix-Hounds in normal Maelstrom. I think the patch notes mentioned Dragonstar?
    The Moot Councillor
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    In response to player feedback, we've drastically increased the drop rate of certain trophies that are rarely obtained from the following monsters:
    Kagouti: Malformed Kagouti Tusks from Kagouti are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Rank, you can find Kagouti in the Rahni Pit Cage.
    Netches: Bile Gilt from Netches are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Rank, Netches can be found in Darkshade Caverns—the Cavern Patriarch, in particular, is said to be quite bilious.
    Nix-Hounds: Multifaceted Eyes are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Ranks, Nix Hounds can be found in Dragonstar Arenas many waves of foes, as well as in the new Maelstrom Arena. In both of these Arenas, Nix-Hounds have an even greater chance of dropping Multifaceted Eyes.
    Banekin: Banekin Horns are now more plentiful from Banekin specifically in Dragonstar Arena.
    This is what was in the patch notes.

Edit: I double-checked with customer support and they said that yes, nix hounds in all modes should drop trophies but the drop rate is very low.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 8, 2015 11:27PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess it's back to Maelstrom for me soon then.

Thank you!
    The Moot Councillor
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Several hours later and still no sign of the drop. I really hope this isn't a wild goose chase.
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Customer support, inspired by my dedication, took a deeper look into why I didn't get any drops after 2,000 nix hounds. Their words:

"So I did get word back that it looks like you are correct, they are not dropping in Maelstrom Arena. I am not sure whether this was an issue with the monsters themselves, or a mix-up in the patch notes, but for now, it definitely looks like you can hold off on farming in that particular location.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and keep an eye on the patch notes for more details."
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone managed to get any monster trophies in Wrothgar? I've been farming the Durzogs for ages and no trophy. I'm wondering since they messed up loot tables for Maelstrom if it's Wrothgar-wide.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the ones in the Dwemer dungeon and some from Old Orsinium (though not the ones I needed). Been trying to get the Ice Wraith one with no success, though a friend of mine did get one.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone managed to get any monster trophies in Wrothgar? I've been farming the Durzogs for ages and no trophy. I'm wondering since they messed up loot tables for Maelstrom if it's Wrothgar-wide.

I also got an Ice Wraith drop. I may have had a few others, but I haven't paid close attention to the drops since I have all of the drops. Overall, I seem to be getting more drops than prior to Wrothgar.
    PC/NA/DC
  • ZOS_MSchroeder
    ZOS_MSchroeder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Customer support, inspired by my dedication, took a deeper look into why I didn't get any drops after 2,000 nix hounds. Their words:

"So I did get word back that it looks like you are correct, they are not dropping in Maelstrom Arena. I am not sure whether this was an issue with the monsters themselves, or a mix-up in the patch notes, but for now, it definitely looks like you can hold off on farming in that particular location.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and keep an eye on the patch notes for more details."

Our 2.2.4 patch notes included the following line:
    “Nix-Hounds: Multifaceted Eyes are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Ranks, Nix Hounds can be found in Dragonstar Arenas many waves of foes, as well as in the new Maelstrom Arena. In both of these Arenas, Nix-Hounds have an even greater chance of dropping Multifaceted Eyes.”

Unfortunately, this patch note wasn’t completely accurate; we apologize. We increased the chance to acquire Multifaceted Eyes from Nix-Hounds in Dragonstar Arena, but Nix-Hounds in Maelstrom Arena were unchanged and do not drop Multifaceted Eyes. We know that it‘s difficult to find certain monster-specific items at high Veteran Rank, and are working on additional ways to improve this experience.
    Michael Schroeder
    Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I also got an Ice Wraith drop. I may have had a few others, but I haven't paid close attention to the drops since I have all of the drops. Overall, I seem to be getting more drops than prior to Wrothgar.
    Thanks! I'll keep on the Durzogs after I finish with the Kagouti. I'm down to four monster trophies left across all achievements.
    MSchroeder wrote: »
    “Nix-Hounds: Multifaceted Eyes are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Ranks, Nix Hounds can be found in Dragonstar Arenas many waves of foes, as well as in the new Maelstrom Arena. In both of these Arenas, Nix-Hounds have an even greater chance of dropping Multifaceted Eyes.”

Unfortunately, this patch note wasn’t completely accurate; we apologize. We increased the chance to acquire Multifaceted Eyes from Nix-Hounds in Dragonstar Arena, but Nix-Hounds in Maelstrom Arena were unchanged and do not drop Multifaceted Eyes. We know that it‘s difficult to find certain monster-specific items at high Veteran Rank, and are working on additional ways to improve this experience.

Thanks again for looking into the issue! Hopefully those nix hounds drop trophies soon. What's most important is having a way to solo-farm monster trophies, because most normal players are not willing to group for 20 hours to farm for a rare trophy. I was a bit annoyed about the Kagouti one requiring a group to finish one step of the daily quest, but I got past that point with a friend and now I'm solo-farming while keeping the quest active so I can continue entering the dungeon.

These are the ones I have left on EP:
    Kagouti - Have farm spot in Craglorn, but it's slow because I have to leave dungeon and wait 5 minutes before re-entering so the Kagouti respawn.
    Durzogs - Have farm spot in Wrothgar.
    Netches - Very slow solo farming in Coldharbour; I don't run dungeons often so Darkshade is unlikely as the source of the drop.
    Nix Hounds - Dragonstar Arena is group-only, Maelstrom Arena is solo but as you pointed out it's currently bugged.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 20, 2015 5:34PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagouti - Have farm spot in Craglorn

Where?

Also, Durzogs with the goblins in Craglorn. A friend got the trophy from the durzog around Shada's Tear this week while we were summoning the named boss there.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    The Kagouti can be found in the Rahni'Za, School of Warriors dungeon in the SE section (Beast Pits).
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@MSchroeder Don't enemies continue to drop crafting mats, regardless of level? Why not extend this idea to trophies? They have no effect on gameplay. This would mean that it would be possible to get, in this instance, Multifaceted Eyes from any nix-hound, not just those within the right level range.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! I'm down to durzogs and nix hounds. I really hope Nikolvara's Kennel is not bugged for the durzog monster drop, because I think I'm pissing off material farmers by killing off so many durzogs in Wrothgar.

Edit: Trying the main map instead; apparently swarms tend not to drop much.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 24, 2015 4:38PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We increased the chance to acquire Multifaceted Eyes from Nix-Hounds in Dragonstar Arena, but Nix-Hounds in Maelstrom Arena were unchanged and do not drop Multifaceted Eyes. We know that it‘s difficult to find certain monster-specific items at high Veteran Rank, and are working on additional ways to improve this experience.

I'm sorry, but WHY exactly will some monsters of some type drop the collectible while others will not? What the hell is wrong with you people? Have you heard of a little something called consistency?

I have been farming this achievement on and off since early access and I honestly can't believe the many ways you manage to ruin the experience. Right now I have no idea if it's worth it to farm a certain area or not. I've certainly killed thousands of ogres, imps and spriggans in Greenshade (VR3 area for me, I'm VR16 but according to YOUR rules everything counts as level 50, so they SHOULD drop collectibles) with no luck.

To make matters worse, you've made it so that I can't even move a collectible from an alt to my main on the off chance that I get it on the wrong character, and that's been the case for at least one (bear paw), despite never having farmed them specifically on the alt but having spent hours on my main trying to get them.

This system is broken. You guys are lost, incompetent or a mix of both. I'm sorry if I'm so blunt, but there are only so many blunders I can take before frustration takes over.
  • thunderhawk862002
    thunderhawk862002
    Soul Shriven
    daemonios wrote: »
    We increased the chance to acquire Multifaceted Eyes from Nix-Hounds in Dragonstar Arena, but Nix-Hounds in Maelstrom Arena were unchanged and do not drop Multifaceted Eyes. We know that it‘s difficult to find certain monster-specific items at high Veteran Rank, and are working on additional ways to improve this experience.

I'm sorry, but WHY exactly will some monsters of some type drop the collectible while others will not? What the hell is wrong with you people? Have you heard of a little something called consistency?

I have been farming this achievement on and off since early access and I honestly can't believe the many ways you manage to ruin the experience. Right now I have no idea if it's worth it to farm a certain area or not. I've certainly killed thousands of ogres, imps and spriggans in Greenshade (VR3 area for me, I'm VR16 but according to YOUR rules everything counts as level 50, so they SHOULD drop collectibles) with no luck.

To make matters worse, you've made it so that I can't even move a collectible from an alt to my main on the off chance that I get it on the wrong character, and that's been the case for at least one (bear paw), despite never having farmed them specifically on the alt but having spent hours on my main trying to get them.

This system is broken. You guys are lost, incompetent or a mix of both. I'm sorry if I'm so blunt, but there are only so many blunders I can take before frustration takes over.

I agree 100%. Plus Ebonhart players have the worst of it since NIx-hounds can only be found at high levels in DSA. That's pretty unacceptable. Kagouti also take forever to farm and it's darn near impossible to get to the area with only one player.

Unless things got borked again, they should drop for you. Anything level 45 and above will drop collectibles. I had to farm netch, ogrim, and draugr this away in Cold Harbour. It's anecdotal, but I had the most luck with collectibles farming an area for a bit then switching. Of course when there's only one or two areas with the enemies it doesn't help much. But at least for me in general switching areas after 20 minutes or so of farming seemed to dramatically cut down the total time farming.
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently farming durzogs in Wrothgar, and it's a pain in the butt because they rarely drop anything besides hides. I'm up to 5,000 killed and no monster trophy. I'm making sure to only kill durzogs and not whelps.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 29, 2015 9:54PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got a spider's crown. After going to Colharbour a few times and trying to farm them there, I got it out of vet Crypt of Hearts.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now that I've completed my collection, I seem to be getting more drops than ever. :# This after countless hours of grinding. Last night I got both dwarven drops from the same fight in veteran Darkshade. It figures. >:) And it burns that they can't be transferred and are trash.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up and farmed a different location's durzogs. Finally got it after 3 hours farming in Divad's Chagrin Mine. Phew!!!

Now I just need the nix hounds... hopefully those will have a non-DSA farm spot in the next DLC.
    Edited by Oldbushie on December 1, 2015 4:46AM
  • Keahizu
    Keahizu
    ✭✭
    Shademist Moors in Greenshade is a good place to hunt giant bats. They're called werebats instead, but I got the trophy off of them. They also respawn very fast.

There are also some in Rivenspire in the Shadowfate Cavern (but not through the door) and in the rivers around Camp Tamrith.