Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet arena 3rd stage bug!

Springt-Über-Zwerge
Springt-Über-Zwerge
✭✭✭✭
Hello

So since I have some freetime I cant spend on the live server I thought lets try vet malestorm arena. The first 2 arenas 1 death each until I figured how to defeat the boss. So far so good but in the 3rd arena I didint even make it past the 2nd add phase thanks to a bug.
The bug has to do with the stranglers pull. Whenever they pulled me I was not able to break the pull. That was not really an issue but then after the pull I was pulled back to my original place while still unable to CC break and the ads kept attacking me as if the strangler didnt pull me which always resulted in a very frustrating death ... I really hope you didnt bring that bug to live
PC,EU, EP
Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope you didnt bring that bug to live

It will go live, because it is how stranglers work on dragonstar arena too for months. They pull you, then throw you back and forth and you end up dead inside a poison :D

World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    andy.s wrote: »

It will go live, because it is how stranglers work on dragonstar arena too for months. They pull you, then throw you back and forth and you end up dead inside a poison :D

Well yea but its not like you need to restart the whole stage if you die in DSA since someone can rez you which is different in Malestorm. You wont make it past there unless you can permablock that freaking pull ...
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • kuscoe
    kuscoe
    ✭✭✭

Well yea but its not like you need to restart the whole stage if you die in DSA since someone can rez you which is different in Malestorm. You wont make it past there unless you can permablock that freaking pull ...

Just keep a pot up for when that happens or be ready to mash your shield its not going to be fixed I assure you
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    kuscoe wrote: »

Just keep a pot up for when that happens or be ready to mash your shield its not going to be fixed I assure you

how does a pot help there?
    well since I will be in there with my templar using sweep I cant hold block which really sucks
    PC,EU, EP
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Permablocking won't help you since you can't block the strangler pulls. And that is an intended change they made. The pulls go through block and CC immunity.

Kill them as they spawn and you'll be fine.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, strangler pulls go through Block/CC immunity.

Why? Because of that error you described, plus another visual error that they won't bother to fix.

Oh and also apparently using Block/CC Immunity to ignore the stranglers and focus on the big threats wasn't fitting the dungeon team's "vision of how players should play Maelstrom Arena," and obviously that doesn't fit into the "play yourour way." theme of ESO.

Edited by Scyantific on November 2, 2015 3:58PM
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the stranglers are still very buggy for me also. I ran it after they made it pull through block. It was a 50/50 chance if I got pulled or just glitched back to the same spot. Either way the time it takes to shoot you around the room, decide where its going to put you, then break free gives the mobs too many free hits. Best thing you can do is focus on killing the stranglers as they come up, which I think has too short a timer btw.

I find the mechanic too glitchy and annoying.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Made it past that stage now Im stage 5 and cant do anything because ZOS *** up the templar charge once again why the hell are they touching a skill that finally worked after 1 1/2 years? Cant stop the trolls from destroying the ice platforms ...
    Edited by Springt-Über-Zwerge on November 2, 2015 9:26PM
    PC,EU, EP
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Made it past that stage now Im stage 5 and cant do anything because ZOS *** up the templar charge once again why the hell are they touching a skill that finally worked after 1 1/2 years? Cant stop the trolls from destroying the ice platforms ...

Try just using S&B gap closer to kill them, I use it on my sorc for this stage because it does still interrupt, unless that was just lag.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zlater wrote: »

Try just using S&B gap closer to kill them, I use it on my sorc for this stage because it does still interrupt, unless that was just lag.

I did but still had to bash them and made it past that stage but the spider stage boss is really hard
    PC,EU, EP
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭

I did but still had to bash them and made it past that stage but the spider stage boss is really hard

Oh yeah I just did nMSA yesterday on live, the first time I did it in vet I remember that it would interrupt them. You're right though, now it doesn't, they do take a little while to smash the platforms though. I would just melt their faces in with overload :tongue:

I actually can't remember doing the spider stage on vet in the pts. You know the mechanics right? The normal mode is a synch, just pop hoaravers on the stones and save the last stone for when the boss hits below 50% so you can melt it and skip the aggro mechanics.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was annoying, the stranglers pulled me from waaaaay out of range, then boom put me right back in the original spot whilst im being nuked by other things, no break free or anything.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah I just did nMSA yesterday on live, the first time I did it in vet I remember that it would interrupt them. You're right though, now it doesn't, they do take a little while to smash the platforms though. I would just melt their faces in with overload :tongue:

I actually can't remember doing the spider stage on vet in the pts. You know the mechanics right? The normal mode is a synch, just pop hoaravers on the stones and save the last stone for when the boss hits below 50% so you can melt it and skip the aggro mechanics.

well yea I know it in theory but it didnt work out for me in practice xD
    The bugged templar charge is a huge issue since I need it to fight with jabs

Here is a good vidoe how to do it as sorc. I think sorc is easy mode in there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2m7lx_u0k
    PC,EU, EP
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    It was annoying, the stranglers pulled me from waaaaay out of range, then boom put me right back in the original spot whilst im being nuked by other things, no break free or anything.

you need to kill them very fast so keep your eyes open and charge it as soon as it pops out
    PC,EU, EP