Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Countering Nightblades - Advice Needed

• DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    DeanTheCat wrote: »
    Try using a pingbooster software like BattlePing or WTFast to help with your latency issues. I normally have 350+ ping when not using a pingbooster, but ever since I started using one my ping have dropped to a (barely) playable 230 minimum. The difference is really noticeable.

Unless your ISP is throttling stuff, that won't make a difference... it's not going to let the laser light down in the glass fibers go even faster than the speed of light.

It's not going to make the packets move any faster, that I agree, but it cuts down on additional ping due to poor packet routing by the ISP. The software creates a VPN tunnel chain between dedicated relay servers, thereby ensuring that packets almost always take the shortest route.

Poor routing is almost always the cause of packet loss and higher then normal pings on long distance connections. The software won't be a silver bullet to fix all the OP's latency issues, but at least it can mitigate some of it.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're hit by multiple NB, you should be able to heal through their damage. You need to get your gear upgraded to VR16 and make sure you have some decent spell damage. Keep your Channeled Focus and Blazing Shield up constantly, even when not in a fight. Use Purifying Ritual to remove any heal debuffs.

When I'm attacked by a solo NB on my Templar, they either die or cloak and run away. Either way, you've won.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Jakhajay wrote: »
    Hey there,
    I need some help countering those pesky NBs in Cyrodiil.

Here's how it usually goes down:
    I'm sneaking about, trying to find a place to hide. Have Radiant Magelight up, just in case.
    Before I know it, Ambushed, stunned. Radiant Magelight did not do it's job. Bonus points if the NB had proximity detonation.
    Break Fr- Lag
    Break Free.
    Feared since CC immunity works only sporadically.
    Break Fr-Oh that's right no stamina. No potion either.
    Concealed Weapon
    Concealed Weapon Still Feared.
    Concealed Weapon
    Aaaaand I'm dead before I even move.

I'm a squishy Templar healer. I usually run with a zerg for the whole safety in numbers thing. But sometimes that's not an option (yay Oceanic). Running 5 pc Arena, 5pc Healer all v14, 5/1/1 light/med/heavy. Sword + Board/Resto. V16 blue health/mag food, standard v16 tri-pots, detection pots.

I don't run Cyrodiil that often, and if I'm not with the zerg, it's an exercise in frustration due to this sort of thing.

If anyone could help me out with some advice/pointers, it would be much appreciated.

There is no way you got stun by Ambush with Mage Light running Ambush's stun was nerfed to a root and it only stuns from stealth Mage light 100% counters that. Vs a stamina build in 5/5+ medium they will have a really low detection range but that stun immune from stealth has always worked.

Concealed Weapons is a Mage power so he had far better regen and pool size most likely with good but not great damage. Magicka Nightblades without that stealth stun are free kills Concealed Weapons tooltip is weak so after the 50% damage nerf and Champion System buff come into account dying to it is pretty hard.

Sounds like you deaded to lag.

Unless you have some awesome ManaBlade build you want to share with the class cause my magic Templar and Dragon can can rock Heavy Seducer and kick ass. My Sorcerer can win with just heavy Chest and legs but my magic Nightblade needs the burst damage and it's not there.

Dying 1v1 to a magic Nightblade with Mage light up is next to impossible.

From some test i've been in magelight doesn't always stop stuns as one would expect. An example of this is if a nb cloaks then uses surprise attack/concealed weapon it will stun the target even if the target has radiant magelight on.

This is correct.
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tennant94 wrote: »
    For magic nb's you gotta stun them every 6 seconds and stam blades... Re roll a magic sorc and use hardened ward lol.

You don't play a magicka Sorc with their LA and low Stamina pool, clearly...
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    Jakhajay wrote: »
    Hey there,
    I need some help countering those pesky NBs in Cyrodiil.

Here's how it usually goes down:
    I'm sneaking about, trying to find a place to hide. Have Radiant Magelight up, just in case.
    Before I know it, Ambushed, stunned. Radiant Magelight did not do it's job. Bonus points if the NB had proximity detonation.
    Break Fr- Lag
    Break Free.
    Feared since CC immunity works only sporadically.
    Break Fr-Oh that's right no stamina. No potion either.
    Concealed Weapon
    Concealed Weapon Still Feared.
    Concealed Weapon
    Aaaaand I'm dead before I even move.

I'm a squishy Templar healer. I usually run with a zerg for the whole safety in numbers thing. But sometimes that's not an option (yay Oceanic). Running 5 pc Arena, 5pc Healer all v14, 5/1/1 light/med/heavy. Sword + Board/Resto. V16 blue health/mag food, standard v16 tri-pots, detection pots.

I don't run Cyrodiil that often, and if I'm not with the zerg, it's an exercise in frustration due to this sort of thing.

If anyone could help me out with some advice/pointers, it would be much appreciated.

Best way to counter a NB ? Reroll NB. I know how frustrating it is BUT i almost can't do anything vs NB with my sorcerer or templar execpt run away, and i can kill a lot of nb with piercing mark/snipe/camo/tp strike/soul harvest.

Yeah i know it's a stupid design when a class can only be killed by the same class.

Dishonnest NB will tell you that you can just use aoe to find them, it's a joke. With my NB i can avoid 95% of AOE spammers, detect pots are nerfed and expensive, mage light is a joke, flare, well, you can see it coming easily etc...

Reroll NB my friend
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With my templar, I use Luminous shards against NB to find them when they are cloaked, although I am usually in a group of 3, with my 2 nb friends who use mark target, so I am lucky in that respect :wink: the only NB skill that really gets on my nerves is mass hysteria. Like you, I often run out of stamina, and if I cannot take a potion at the time, I am running all over the place screaming, often into groups of adds or bosses in IC :lol: I tell my friends that I think mass hysteria should be outright banned to annoy them, but am only joking of course lol It can be annoying, but I am sure they get annoyed by Templars healing and sorcerers bolting all over the place with their epic shields too so... :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on November 2, 2015 10:35AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind