The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Impenetrable vs Reinforced

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Has anyone tested this recently vs criticals?

Please don't link me to deltia's video. I want a recent test.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Deltia's video was wrong to begin with.

Reinforced is only better than Impen on Heavy chest. If you're considering it for a player that blocks often (which means you can't be crit while blocking) it is a different ballpark.

Impen was buffed by 25% in 1.7.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Reinforced is only better than Impen on Heavy chest. If you're considering it for a player that blocks often (which means you can't be crit while blocking) it is a different ballpark.

Thanks, I appreciate it
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Thanks, I appreciate it

NP. My Nightblade for example runs around with ~35% CritResistance but my Sorc uses zero. Keep the playstyle and class in mind when crafting your specific traits. For many classes and playstyles infused/divines are preferrable to impen or reinforced.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    Impen for PvP

Reinforced for PvE
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reinforced for the big armor pieces impenetrable for the smaller ones. Use the Champion System to make up the armor and crit resistance. More armor in never a bad thing.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reinforced for the big armor pieces impenetrable for the smaller ones. Use the Champion System to make up the armor and crit resistance. More armor in never a bad thing.

Unless some one has 40% to 50% res penetration which half to nearly all players in PvP has. turning that more armor into nothing.... yea sad but true. Which is why IMO heavy armor needs a new passive that give 40% or 50% spell/physical penetration res.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless some one has 40% to 50% res penetration which half to nearly all players in PvP has. turning that more armor into nothing.... yea sad but true. Which is why IMO heavy armor needs a new passive that give 40% or 50% spell/physical penetration res.

I would love to see a change like this the simple fact that Mages in five heavy do better then Tanks and Stamina builds in 5 heavy is crazy to say the lease.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested the Crit Resistance in the CPS? Wondering if it works as it says and reduces damage or increases your internal crit resistance.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes. It is ridiculous that penetration has been this way for so long.
    Edited by Armitas on November 1, 2015 10:55AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Lord_Bidr
    Lord_Bidr
    ✭✭✭
    I heard from a former guildie that impen was bugged in the last patch, that any more than 1 piece was a waste because it didn't stack. Anyone test it out recently?
    Edited by Lord_Bidr on November 1, 2015 12:00PM
    ~ The brightest lights often cast the darkest shadows. ~
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would love to see a change like this the simple fact that Mages in five heavy do better then Tanks and Stamina builds in 5 heavy is crazy to say the lease.

My point cause full heavy armor becomes as useful as medium if not light armor and thing is unlike MA or LA HA has no choice but to take it. MA has rolling while LA has shields and they aren't effected by penetration like that right there is a giant gap in HA defense alone that HA has no other option but to take the damage.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

Yes. It is ridiculous that penetration has been this way for so long.

Yea I know. Like don't get me wrong Penetration is a very useful thing but it's just players can abuse it turning all armor into mush and HA is supposed to be the "best defense" and all you think it have some passive to res penetration effects.

Like I use penetration but I get mine from the champion system and mines 11% I like it gives my light and heavy attacks more damage and what not and helps against players in medium and light armor cause there 10K armor is now like 8100 or something. But again it's a mechanic that can be easily abused.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on November 1, 2015 4:35PM