Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collectible Achievement Guide (Spoiler Alert)

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tower of Lies (Coldharbor)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Tower of Lies is level 44, sadly, which is below the level 45 limit. Nothing over there drops anything.

Edit: Woot! Finally, I got Nature Collector. Just took a while to farm Sedor.
    Edited by Oldbushie on October 16, 2015 4:00AM
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a >= level 45 area where I can find Spider Daedra for the Spider's Crown? Again, I play in the EP alliance.
    Edited by Oldbushie on October 16, 2015 1:13PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    Is there a >= level 45 area where I can find Spider Daedra for the Spider's Crown? Again, I play in the EP alliance.

The XP will suck, but near The Everfull Flagon (Coldharbor). Pretty sure Spiders are L46 or more, and there are a lot of them with an okay respawn rate. It's where I got mine.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

The XP will suck, but near The Everfull Flagon (Coldharbor). Pretty sure Spiders are L46 or more, and there are a lot of them with an okay respawn rate. It's where I got mine.

Thanks! Yeah those are level 47, I wasn't sure since some areas of Coldharbour are below level 45.
  • SokarGoldberg
    Has anybody dropped a collectable in a low level region where he doesn't get XP?

After farming the last 18.. I'm now down to 2. Bull Netches and Kagouti. Beside some lonely Netches in Coldharbour they are only available in low level regions for my EP char. After hunting them for days I'm convinced that they don't drop on low level.

I need some feedback here.. because asking the support is self-mutilation and a complete waste of time.
    (the most likely anwer would be anyway: deactivate your addons)

Does anybody know if the Netches item drops from Betty and Bull Netches? Heard a rumor that only Bull Netches count.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's only Bull netches, but I've never got it.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SokarGoldberg, you must be within 5 levels (above or below) for collectibles to drop. I had this confirmed by Customer Service for an issue with Jackals. For EP, Cold Harbor is the only option for netches if you didn't get the drop before then. With the low numbers of netches in Cold Harbor, you may as well kill bulls and bettys on the chance the rumor about bulls is not true. I answered a similar post recently, not sure if you were the poster. Kagouti will be added to the game in more areas in the next patch. I don't think there was any mention of netches being added, but perhaps they will. You should definitely contact Customer Service about the limited netches. This is how we managed to get Jackals added to Craglorn for DC vets.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Newbie question: Will any monsters of a certain type drop the collectible for that monster? For example, will the wasps in Betnikh drop the gossamer winglets, or only the ones in Bangkorai like it says in the guide?

Just trying to figure out what I should be farming while my character is low-leveled (currently level 11).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any wasps that have drops will drop gossamer winglets...Craglorn wasps don't drop-very stingy stingers! This applies to all creatures with monster collectibles. If the 'guide' to which you refer is the one at the top of this thread, it is meant to point out the best farming locations, not the only places to get drops. The only other considerations for drops is you must be within five levels to get a drop, and RNG is a huge factor in the drops. Carry a four leaf clover AND a rabbits foot :p .
    PC/NA/DC
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay good, I was worried about the ones that didn't have anything listed for DC. (And yeah, I meant the guide in this thread, since it's the only list I've found with a more-or-less complete listing of the drops that isn't ancient.)

I'll give it a try at some of the low-level spots I know about and see how it goes. :)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • SokarGoldberg
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    @SokarGoldberg, you must be within 5 levels (above or below) for collectibles to drop. I had this confirmed by Customer Service for an issue with Jackals. For EP, Cold Harbor is the only option for netches if you didn't get the drop before then. With the low numbers of netches in Cold Harbor, you may as well kill bulls and bettys on the chance the rumor about bulls is not true. I answered a similar post recently, not sure if you were the poster. Kagouti will be added to the game in more areas in the next patch. I don't think there was any mention of netches being added, but perhaps they will. You should definitely contact Customer Service about the limited netches. This is how we managed to get Jackals added to Craglorn for DC vets.

Ok, the stupid *** ZOS way of counting "5 levels"... A guildmate told me that vet count as lvl50.

If you try to explain their counting you should have mentioned this. That thinking is completely brainless AND prohibits to finish all achievements.
    Nixhounds for example are nowhere to be found outside of Stonefalls or Deshaan.

Did they at least gave a statement why they didn't apply that change that Jessica described?
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    You will be seeing a lot of these scarce creatures in Orsinium, including Nix Hounds.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I've killed 3,000 ghosts in Aphren's Hold and still no Ectoplasmic Discharge... Something just seems wrong about trying to get discharge from that many ghosts.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've killed 3,000 ghosts in Aphren's Hold and still no Ectoplasmic Discharge... Something just seems wrong about trying to get discharge from that many ghosts.

At least ghosts are plentiful. I don't think it took me that many, but I also thought I was never getting a ghost drop. Never curse your luck, she might hear you and make things worse :s .
    PC/NA/DC
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY! Got Undead Hoarder. I ended up farming Ezduiin in Auridon for the rest of the ghosts. There's a larger density of ghosts there compared to Aphren's Hold.
    Edited by Oldbushie on October 21, 2015 8:43PM
  • ThisIsAKnife
    ThisIsAKnife
    ✭✭
    Is there a spot to get nose shackle (ogrim)when v16? tower of lies is too low level?

also for the wamasu?

thanks
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What alliance are you?

If you are NOT EP, then Eidolon's Hollow in Deshaan (NE) has Ogrim. Trying to remember a non-EP place.

Wamasu, if you are no EP, there's tons of them in Shadowfen, particularly in the middle of the map. Upper Craglorn has a bunch as well just West of Dragonstar.

Grathwood, SW of Haven, there is an argonian village that has a couple of wamasu. Just 2 or 3 iirc, but they respawn at a reasonable rate.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are plenty of Ogrim in IC sewers. I got my drop in Eidolon's Hollow-I'm DC.

I got my wamasu at in Grahtwood as mentioned above. There is also a cluster of them in Upper Craglorn, Dragonstar wayshrine, left side of map.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Keahizu
    Keahizu
    ✭✭
    Try the east side of Coldharbour for ogrim. There's a few level 47 ogrim standing in the lakes surrounding the Everfull Flagon wayshrine. A lot of riding between lakes, but they die fast and respawn reasonably fast.

If anyone is looking for gargoyles, the Qharroa Ruins in Bangkorai has several. I hadn't seen that location mentioned yet.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tower of Lies is level 44, sadly, which is below the level 45 limit. Nothing over there drops anything.

Edit: Woot! Finally, I got Nature Collector. Just took a while to farm Sedor.

I wrote earlier in this thread you could find them at the Tower of Lies. I got it a few months ago so if they have not changed it they are level 45-46. They are roaming outside tower of lies. 3 mobs with a very short respawn time.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I didn't realize that meant *outside* the Tower of Lies. All the enemies inside of it are level 44.

And Keahizu, thanks for the tips! I'm currently going after gargoyles and ogirm.
  • ThisIsAKnife
    ThisIsAKnife
    ✭✭
    Keahizu wrote: »
    Try the east side of Coldharbour for ogrim. There's a few level 47 ogrim standing in the lakes surrounding the Everfull Flagon wayshrine. A lot of riding between lakes, but they die fast and respawn reasonably fast.

If anyone is looking for gargoyles, the Qharroa Ruins in Bangkorai has several. I hadn't seen that location mentioned yet.

Thank-you I got my nose shackle in about 40min going between the different lakes there. each one has 2-3 ogrims.

AlnilamE wrote: »
    What alliance are you?

If you are NOT EP, then Eidolon's Hollow in Deshaan (NE) has Ogrim. Trying to remember a non-EP place.

Wamasu, if you are no EP, there's tons of them in Shadowfen, particularly in the middle of the map. Upper Craglorn has a bunch as well just West of Dragonstar.

Grathwood, SW of Haven, there is an argonian village that has a couple of wamasu. Just 2 or 3 iirc, but they respawn at a reasonable rate.

thanks as well. thats a great spot for buzzing spine. there are 4 wamasu there and they do respawn rather quickly. got it in about 50min.

Now I just need the kagouti and netch which i think are being buffed in orsinium. but thing is it seems like my "general trophies" bar is far from full even though i just got one left?
    Edited by ThisIsAKnife on October 30, 2015 5:06PM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is @pcdunkleyub17_ESO still maintaining this thread? Last update was on the 10th of September.
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Is @pcdunkleyub17_ESO still maintaining this thread? Last update was on the 10th of September.

Yes, I still maintain it.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    2,000 gargoyles down and still no Stony Heart. On the plus side, I've made 60,000 gold from selling all the drops...

I just don't understand why the trophy drop rate would be so low for such a rare monster.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2,000 gargoyles down and still no Stony Heart. On the plus side, I've made 60,000 gold from selling all the drops...

I just don't understand why the trophy drop rate would be so low for such a rare monster.

I went from under-leveled to a hare's breath of over-leveled to get my Stony Heart. I'm sure that does nothing for you, but you have my sympathy. Now go kiss the Blarney Stone :# .
    PC/NA/DC
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Phew! Finally got that one. Ogrim is the last one for this particular category.

Edit: And Ogrim complete! Thank goodness that didn't take nearly as long to farm.
    Edited by Oldbushie on November 2, 2015 4:53AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the latest patch notes:
    In response to player feedback, we've drastically increased the drop rate of certain trophies that are rarely obtained from the following monsters:
    Kagouti: Malformed Kagouti Tusks from Kagouti are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Rank, you can find Kagouti in the Rahni Pit Cage.
    Netches: Bile Gilt from Netches are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Rank, Netches can be found in Darkshade Caverns—the Cavern Patriarch, in particular, is said to be quite bilious.
    Nix-Hounds: Multifaceted Eyes are now more plentiful. At maximum Veteran Ranks, Nix Hounds can be found in Dragonstar Arenas many waves of foes, as well as in the new Maelstrom Arena. In both of these Arenas, Nix-Hounds have an even greater chance of dropping Multifaceted Eyes.
    Banekin: Banekin Horns are now more plentiful from Banekin specifically in Dragonstar Arena.

Seems like good news/ bad news scenario. Formerly unavailable EP monsters are now more available, but many are locked in group content. News flash: most (all?)collectible farming is done solo!
    PC/NA/DC
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of hoping that some of those are located in general areas of Wrothgar as well. But we'll see.

I have Chitin and Beast left. I think the Beasts have a very low drop rate because I've only ever gotten one of their trophies so far.