The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Tanks?

Aro247
Aro247
How well do DK tanks do in PvP? Is there a special build to outlast your opponent and deal reasonable damage? All attribute points into health as well as physical resistance boon.
Edited by Aro247 on October 31, 2015 4:21AM
I woke up in a forest but I was all alone. Death surrounds me but it's all I know.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aro247 wrote: »
    How well do DK tanks do in PvP? Is there a special build to outlast your opponent and deal reasonable damage? All attribute points into health as well as physical resistance boon.

No.

Just read any of the threads in the last 10 pages.

At what point was a tank even MENTIONED? No one calls for a nerf to tanks, or even a buff, because they've hit that PVP sweet spot where they are so low on the totem pole that the horde of DPSers that post on the forums just refuse to acknowledge their existence. If you want to get farmed, play a tank.
    Edited by usmcjdking on October 31, 2015 4:20AM
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a VR16 DK tank, I really don't like PVP as a tank because frankly you don't do a lot of damage and people can pretty easily wear you down and kill you. If I PVP I'd rather go on my light armor wearing magicka Templar, at least then I can do some decent damage or heal. If you're a stamina tank take up 2 handed and do some DPS.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Aro247
    Aro247
    Thanks for the info looks like I'll be switching to 2h. Just wanted to know before I got too far into it. Appreciate it
    I woke up in a forest but I was all alone. Death surrounds me but it's all I know.
  • Aro247
    Aro247
    Would you recommend all attribute points into stamina for more weapon damage or some into health aswell?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks in pvp are amazing for group play but a bit pointless for solo play due to lack of damage. But they are still amazing for group play, every group needs a tank or two.
    PC | EU
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only "tank" build that works in PvP is the perma-block tank which is all what any "tank" can do in PvP is just hold perma block that's it and spam flame lash.

DKs, Templars, HA, and tanks need buffed so badly. It's at the point were even that perma-block build is becoming useless and NB are starting to out class DKs as tanks in PvE that's how un-balanced classes are and how bad the NB META is. Like if you want to DPS in PvP you use MA and LA armor. Want to survive in PvP you either block cast spam shields or block cast and roll dodge cause HA is just so useless to were if you don't use a shield with the HA your gonna die and even if you do the shield is doing like 90% of the work.

Seriously ZOS after Orsinium is done focus on balancing the game.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can "tank" with Wreaking Blow with 50k health chaining Wreaking Blows you will be able to outlast just about anyone but it's a DoT and Wreaking Blow fight so 1v4 or 1vX is not going to happen. But you can 1v1 and even 1v3 with the right AoEs and Ultimates.
    Edited by kendellking_chaosb14_ESO on October 31, 2015 3:55PM
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    @Aro247 trust me tanks are real. On xbx there is a dominion duo with a magika nb and i believe the tank is dk. Ive seen him tank for at least a full 60 seconds against 10+ ppl while te one dps picks ppl off and they are very effective against my faction. Idk how but he actualy does a bit of damage too, no clue what he runs tho
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    if you wanna play a pvp tank make a sorcerer and spam shields. you can tank better than dk and still do full damage.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp tanks are useless because you do the opposite of what's intended. Everyone will focus on killing your squishy team mates first and save you for last.
  • rordogg
    rordogg
    ✭✭✭
    Zos destroyed the point of playing a DK tank with the last major patch. Theirs just no point. We hit like a wet noodle. We can't even effectively heal ourselves. All you can do is try to see how long you last before your stamina runs out.
  • Aro247
    Aro247
    ostrapz wrote: »
    @Aro247 trust me tanks are real. On xbx there is a dominion duo with a magika nb and i believe the tank is dk. Ive seen him tank for at least a full 60 seconds against 10+ ppl while te one dps picks ppl off and they are very effective against my faction. Idk how but he actualy does a bit of damage too, no clue what he runs tho

From what I've heard this does work. As long as your with a dps or group tanking is very doable. But it does seem that by your self tanking would be a struggle.

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't like PvP tanks.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all forms of dmg midigation where nerfed except cloak, which was fixed. The usefulness of a tanky class would be for cc and defile. The classic all health tank will get murdered in pvp fast.