Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Entropy / Meteor - Might of The Guild combo

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone confirm for me, if Might of The Guild is by Activation or by damage?

That is, lets say i cast Entropy to proc Might, then cast Meteor, and streak through my opponent (or another cc) just before the meteor hits - which ability gets the 20% buff? The Meteor that i cast just after entropy, or the CC ability i used in between?

Also, is it possible to proc back to back? Could i use Entropy to proc Might, then Meteor with the buff, and get a 2nd proc, to then use ie. Curse?

I know some of this might be easy to test, but i do not have access to Meteor right now, and am doing some theorycrafting here :)
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might applies to the next skill cast, so if I read your sequence correctly, you'll buff Meteor with Entropy and then buff Streak with Meteor.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have read my sequence here correctly. Thanks for the info.!
    PC - EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that streak will give CC immunity to opponent prior to meteor hitting, so it seems you can almost guarantee a meteor hit, the DoT and (the best part of meteor imo is) the knock down are severely hindered.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to worry about empowering the meteor, just use meteor when they're on a 2 inch incline so they get rubberbanded back and take 50k fall damage, because, ZOS coding.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    No need to worry about empowering the meteor, just use meteor when they're on a 2 inch incline so they get rubberbanded back and take 50k fall damage, because, ZOS coding.

Is this issue on console, never experienced such things
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Is this issue on console, never experienced such things

Haven't played console, but it should be considering it's how ZOS codes fall damage and the mechanics of meteor. Stairs, breaches, hills, all bad news bears when players realize what they can do with a one-shot meteor.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht - i dont get what your saying really? i WANT to stun my opponent before meteor so he cannot block. I have NEVER been hit directly by a meteor unless i was in cc. Any decent player can easily block meteor since it takes ages to come, and is easy to spot.
    PC - EU
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @raasdal :)
    It is an interesting question you have here.
    So when you proc the empower buff, you are able to press the skill meny and hover your mouse over skills and see that it actually have increased dmg on tooltip. But you are wondering if the dmg of the meteor gets reduced if your buffs are done before meteor actually hits the enemi, am I right?
    I can try to do some testing for you soon, but want to be sure this is what you mean.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And yes, you can stack empower. Thats what they do on wrecking blow.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, just I was just pointing out that meteor will connect yes, but that will not kill (unless opponent is already severely wounded) and the best benefits of meteor will be purged, cloaked etc... away.

With streak's stun so short a DK, Temp, Sorc and NB all have the means to recover. In PvP you will find almost all high level players will recover quickly from your combo.

Im not saying its bad, not by any means, just giving you something to consider is all. You may think about just switching streak with a longer lasting stun/knock down move, possibly a spammable soft cc, if you find what you are doing not to your standards.

1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    Ice comet into crystal frag is where its at ^^
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadric Tomb->Meteor is a horrible combo at short range as they get hit by 2 of the mines - one before, one after, THEN Frag if it's up...