Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Support Skill Guard + DK Scales Yay, Nay?

MrDerrikk
MrDerrikk
✭✭✭✭✭
What the title says; anyone tried them together? If the Guard skill gets a fix to be usable I could see this being a very good tanking combination, assuming that their stamina regen/refills from shards potions etc could handle it.
I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Bane_of_Fringe
    Bane_of_Fringe
    ✭✭✭
    With the no regen from blocking, it'll be more worthless now that it ever was before.
    Characters:
    Bane of Fringe Vr-14
    Casts as Hatchling Vr-5
    Shinobu-chan Vr-1
    Holo the Wise and Cunning Vr-5
    Soft Rose Vr-1
    Svaedstrom Lowbie
    Man in the Fringe Vr-2
    Batul Gra-Sharob Vr-1

Previous vets:
    Jade Blossom Vr-1
    Man in the Fringe Vr-5
    RAGE
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If guard worked correctly then it would be an option, but guard is broken. The tool tip says you DO regen stamina whilst blocking, but you do not at the moment. Knowing zos it will be fixed at some point in 2017
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the no regen from blocking, it'll be more worthless now that it ever was before.

Not to be that guy, but you should probably read the tool-tip.
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    I've testing the guard skill as it look so awesome on paper.

Some of my finds, and experience I summed up here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/226541/guard#latest

It absolutely needs to tweaking. As it is now when guard is up, I most of the time do not seem to take damage at all from projectiles. This means I dont need to hold up my shield, thus stamina is regenerating. (I am testing this by standing under the walls during sieges, protecting allies who are being fired at)

But. Stamina regen is still worse than it's cost, so it constantly drains the stam pool. When going towards zergs, it works better as I can constantly heavy attack enemy players, why they arekind of protected in my aura.

BUT. On many occassions it does not work at all. Guildy was standing in my aura taking constant damage from snipes.

:(

How can we bring this issue to the attantion of devs?

Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ItsRejectz wrote: »
    If guard worked correctly then it would be an option, but guard is broken. The tool tip says you DO regen stamina whilst blocking, but you do not at the moment. Knowing zos it will be fixed at some point in 2017
    We still do not know is the skill bugged or the tooltip is wrong.
    @Winterpsy You wrote in your topic that you have 500 stamina regen while you are using guard? Probably you use stamina regen drinks? And it acts like the sprinting?
    Because I can!
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    How it works in practice:

I had 1500 stam regen when I last checked. (Stam drink, werewolf ulti slotted, some pieces of medium armor, stam regen set bonuses).
    I switched guard on and the stam regen according to the character sheet dropped to 500, and the skill itself albeit slowly was draining my stamina constantly. So I had a reduced stam regen which was fighting with the cost of the guard, but the balance off, the skill was more costly than the stam regen reduced by the skill itself.

Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Winterpsy wrote: »
    How it works in practice:

I had 1500 stam regen when I last checked. (Stam drink, werewolf ulti slotted, some pieces of medium armor, stam regen set bonuses).
    I switched guard on and the stam regen according to the character sheet dropped to 500, and the skill itself albeit slowly was draining my stamina constantly. So I had a reduced stam regen which was fighting with the cost of the guard, but the balance off, the skill was more costly than the stam regen reduced by the skill itself.
    You have 500 stamina regen because of the drinks. It is a bug. It is the same with sneaking or sprinting when you use drinks. If you do not use drinks your regeneration is 0. If it only worked like that for block too.
    Because I can!
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guard makes no sense to me... pay resources to take more damage? You should gain stamina for taking someone else's damage not lose it.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.