Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kagrenacs vs Julianos

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ezareth Mhm Elemental Succession and Overwhelming Surge are also dropsets. Sucks. For me and maybe many other players are only crafted sets available.

As Magickablade i will most likely stay with Kagrenacs. I could also wear 5x Julianos and 4x Kagrenacs cause i don't wanna miss the health bonus. 40k magicka and 26k health in PvP are very solid and as non-vamp you aren't that easy to burst. Ah and 46% crit chance.
    Edited by ChefZero on October 29, 2015 10:11PM
    PC EU - DC only
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I´d go with 3p spellpower cure. One can never have enough magica.

Either or. Too much magicka has it's weaknesses....I prefer being able to 2-shot those pesky nightblades spamming shield breaker on me.

You won´t twoshot the good ones and thief mundus does wonders in that regard against not so good players. Suprise back to back overlol 13k crit <3

You need more spellpower if you're only getting 13K ( =

I can't wait until next patch with elfborn finally fixed and Julianos. Julianos + Torugs + Kena + Willpower. mmmm...

Should easily be hitting 16-17K crits.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i´m allways surprised how you guys can cope without any reg set-bonis
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

I didn't think I could either until I tried it. It definitely takes some adjustments and it has some limitations.

The real issue was I used to waste magicka all the time. I would bolt escape all over just because, or to keep Ball of Lightning up 100% of the time. Now I maximize my resource management through alternating between energy overload and normal abilities. I can't fight an extremely long fight but when you're sporting so much spell power and magicka fights usually are over fast ( =
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right. Playstyle > Sustain. ZOS removed caps and people started to hype sustain builds. Now most of them just spam some skills.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In regards to sustain with low regen and high spell damage/crit chance, most builds are forced to equip a resto staff to heal so you might as well weave in heavy attacks to regen magicka. Between this and pots you would be surprised how well you can sustain with less than 1.5k regen.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either or. Too much magicka has it's weaknesses....I prefer being able to 2-shot those pesky nightblades spamming shield breaker on me.

You won´t twoshot the good ones and thief mundus does wonders in that regard against not so good players. Suprise back to back overlol 13k crit <3

I can't wait until next patch with elfborn finally fixed and Julianos. Julianos + Torugs + Kena + Willpower. mmmm...

3100 spelldmg 35.1k magica (staff not dw build). Not much more i could do really apart from changing 1x max magica to spelldmg which is just a minor benefit. Well and using food instead of drink but that would come at the cost of 15% critchance.
    Edited by Derra on October 30, 2015 9:18AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I always thought the same but its easy to get used to, even without 500+CPs (I have around 330 CPs).

For pvp I currently use 5x kagrenacs, 2x torugs pact, 1x molag kena and 3x willpower jewelry.

I bought an extra set of willpower necklace and ring to switch between spell dmg and cost reduction/regen enchants.

In small groups I have enough sustain with 1x spell dmg, 1x cost reduction and 1x regen. In 12-man groups sustain is easier with a synergy every now and then I use 2x spell dmg and 1x magicka regen enchant and in full 24-man raids I use 3x spell dmg enchants (which gives me more than 3.4k spell dmg buffed).

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always thought the same but its easy to get used to, even without 500+CPs (I have around 330 CPs).

For pvp I currently use 5x kagrenacs, 2x torugs pact, 1x molag kena and 3x willpower jewelry.

I bought an extra set of willpower necklace and ring to switch between spell dmg and cost reduction/regen enchants.

In small groups I have enough sustain with 1x spell dmg, 1x cost reduction and 1x regen. In 12-man groups sustain is easier with a synergy every now and then I use 2x spell dmg and 1x magicka regen enchant and in full 24-man raids I use 3x spell dmg enchants (which gives me more than 3.4k spell dmg buffed).

Well 1x reg 1x costreduction is actually quite a bit fo sustain if you´re running attro on top of that?
    With thief it would be impressive.
    <Noricum>

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

3100 spelldmg 35.1k magica (staff not dw build). Not much more i could do really apart from changing 1x max magica to spelldmg which is just a minor benefit. Well and using food instead of drink but that would come at the cost of 15% critchance.

I'm running with 3400 spell damage and ~41K Magicka also using a staff. I use Food but I'm not sure how drink would cost you 15% crit?

When I'm in a fight that I recognize I'll need the use of extended regen I'll actually switch over to drink when my resources start to get low and then once the fight is over switch back to food. It works out pretty well for me. The majority of fights however are usually over pretty quickly ( =
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm running with 3400 spell damage and ~41K Magicka also using a staff. I use Food but I'm not sure how drink would cost you 15% crit?

When I'm in a fight that I recognize I'll need the use of extended regen I'll actually switch over to drink when my resources start to get low and then once the fight is over switch back to food. It works out pretty well for me. The majority of fights however are usually over pretty quickly ( =

Maybe the thinking is that going for food means a switch from thief to the atro to get back the sustain?

I don't quite know how people with low magic and stam sustain 1vX, but apparently some do. Or maybe they just upload the times they aren't CC spamed and win.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you running with apprentice then?

Only way to reach that spelldmg :o
    <Noricum>

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol sounds like I'm the only one who's running shadow mundus. :D
    PC EU - DC only
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm running similar enchants, 5-piece set and Kena. But instead of 2 x Torug, I'm running 2 x Seducer for the regen. Tested both a while back and chose the latter.

Though I'm gonna reach 500 CPs in the next couple of weeks and switching Attro to Thief might just be possible. Even if I have to go 7/7 Light instead of 6/7.

I'm just hoping they'll make Lord Warden dusk 1-piece bonus magicka regen and then I can farm the maelstrom staves for this BiS setup:
    5xKag
    3xWillpower
    1xKena
    1xDusk
    1xMaelstrom Staff
    EU | PC | AD
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm running similar enchants, 5-piece set and Kena. But instead of 2 x Torug, I'm running 2 x Seducer for the regen. Tested both a while back and chose the latter.

Though I'm gonna reach 500 CPs in the next couple of weeks and switching Attro to Thief might just be possible. Even if I have to go 7/7 Light instead of 6/7.

I'm just hoping they'll make Lord Warden dusk 1-piece bonus magicka regen and then I can farm the maelstrom staves for this BiS setup:
    5xKag
    3xWillpower
    1xKena
    1xDusk
    1xMaelstrom Staff

Where did you get the idea they´d change warden dusk? :cold_sweat:
    <Noricum>

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5xKag
    3xWillpower
    1xKena
    1xDusk
    1xMaelstrom Staff

Hoping? Or did you hear this is something they are considering :wink:
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping? Or did you hear this is something they are considering :wink:

No I heard nothing. Sorry to disappoint.

All I know is we've thrown a lot of feedback their way that no one is farming ICP because the Dusk set is crap both as a 1-piece and a 2-piece bonus. That if they at least switched the 1-piece bonus to Magicka Regen, then people would farm that dungeon as much as WGT, probably more since most people got kena shoulders already. Not to mention it would also bring balance to the dropped sets since there's no magicka version of Bloodspawn. And obviously from the pov of zenimax, it keeps people playing and grinding so it's a good thing for them too.

If they've taken that feedback on board at all, I have no idea.

EDIT: I don't have the ear of the devs in any way if that's what you're asking. I just do a lot of /feedback in-game and encourage my guild mates to do the same.
    Edited by Maulkin on October 30, 2015 9:21PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe the thinking is that going for food means a switch from thief to the atro to get back the sustain?

I don't quite know how people with low magic and stam sustain 1vX, but apparently some do. Or maybe they just upload the times they aren't CC spamed and win.

Haha 2400 stam regen with Drink( ~1800 with food) means I don't care what about CC. I spend more Stamina spamming defensive posture than I do Breaking free.

Are you running with apprentice then?

Only way to reach that spelldmg :o

Yes, apprentice for PvP. Damage shields + block means Crit isn't the most desireable.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haha 2400 stam regen with Drink( ~1800 with food) means I don't care what about CC. I spend more Stamina spamming defensive posture than I do Breaking free.

Yes, apprentice for PvP. Damage shields + block means Crit isn't the most desireable.

I'm confused. How do you get 1.8k stam regen and 41k magicka and 3.4k spell damage at the same time? And what is your magicka regen?

I guess what I'm asking is how many thousands of CPs do you have XD
    EU | PC | AD
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd like to kknow too how ppl can get +3k SD.

Currently running 5pc v14 Magnus purple light, Kena divines shoulders heavy v16, Torug gloves med+ staff v16 and 3 pc willpower with 1 SD enchant Kuta (apprentice mundus)

I have 2.4k SD, 1.5 Mag regen and 34k magicka

Do I need gold gear or smth? Only gold I have are my Destro and Resto staaves and my gloves

MagBlade btw, should i go for Kagrenac, orwait for Julianos? For pvp
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm confused. How do you get 1.8k stam regen and 41k magicka and 3.4k spell damage at the same time? And what is your magicka regen?

Same as you, If I keep playing I'll hit 500 in the next month or so. There are only two passives that affect stam and magicka regen though so even if I did have 2K it wouldn't change any of that.

My gearing and enchanting is pretty much perfectly designed for my playstyle with what is available, the 1.8/2.4K number on the stam regen is with a Tri-pot active which if you've ever seen my PvP Vids you'd know is up 100% of the time. The 3400 (3396 to be exact) is with Power Surge/Degeneration active. My max magicka is with Sword and Board active that I use to increase my Hardened ward as much as possible.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as you, If I keep playing I'll hit 500 in the next month or so. There are only two passives that affect stam and magicka regen though so even if I did have 2K it wouldn't change any of that.

My gearing and enchanting is pretty much perfectly designed for my playstyle with what is available, the 1.8/2.4K number on the stam regen is with a Tri-pot active which if you've ever seen my PvP Vids you'd know is up 100% of the time. The 3400 (3396 to be exact) is with Power Surge/Degeneration active. My max magicka is with Sword and Board active that I use to increase my Hardened ward as much as possible.

Ok i don´t get how you get 3400 spelldmg + 1800stamreg with food ._.
    <Noricum>

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The makes two of us

EU | PC | AD
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The makes two of us

Three
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well 1x reg 1x costreduction is actually quite a bit fo sustain if you´re running attro on top of that?

Its with Atro so nothing too impressive xD

The thing is, sustain is harder if you run in small groups and as sorc you have good burst if your timing is right, even with relative low spell dmg. With the resource regen buff Im sitting at 2.3k mag regen, around 2.8k spell dmg buffed and 18k shield value (hardened + harness). Enough regen, burst and defense to be effective in pvp.

Thief mundus is great for pve but I didnt find it useful in pvp tbh.

PC - EU (AD)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is, sustain is harder if you run in small groups and as sorc you have good burst if your timing is right, even with relative low spell dmg. With the resource regen buff Im sitting at 2.3k mag regen, around 2.8k spell dmg buffed and 18k shield value (hardened + harness). Enough regen, burst and defense to be effective in pvp.

Doing nothing but smallgrps and solo play :blush:

I´ve found thief in combination with rapid regen and surge to be insanely effective when only playing with 1 shield.
    Edited by Derra on October 31, 2015 8:44AM
    <Noricum>

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Doing nothing but smallgrps and solo play :blush:

I´ve found thief in combination with rapid regen and surge to be insanely effective when only playing with 1 shield.

Hmm, interesting. Do you also use Kagrenacs Hope/Molag/Torugs? I could see it work with Seducer but I dont have that in v16 atm.
    PC - EU (AD)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

The makes two of us

Three

Well, I can get that much spell damage and magicka regen so in theory if I were to replace my magicka regen stuff with stamina regen, I could reach those figures.

I think Ezareth is confident his damage is enough that he does not need that much magicka sustain.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

The makes two of us

Three

Well, I can get that much spell damage and magicka regen so in theory if I were to replace my magicka regen stuff with stamina regen, I could reach those figures.

I think Ezareth is confident his damage is enough that he does not need that much magicka sustain.

Well i can´t reach those numbers even for magica regen. That´s why i´m asking.

3400 spelldmg on a staff build requires apprentice mundus (or molag kena 2p procc) aswell as kagrenac and three spellpower enchantments on jewelry. With something similar i´m sitting at ~1500 magreg 720 stamreg without tripot or resource buff.
    <Noricum>

• Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently made a sorc mainly for grinding Arena in DLC, because I main two Stam chars for pvp and was pretty unsuccessful on PTS.

Would of been quite a waste for just farming so I want to take her into PVP. I was thinking about a dw build using Trapping webs as Main dps.

What would you guys suggest for an optimal setup, considering the sets from the upcoming DLC? I'm really new to sorc and don't feel like wasting time and gold on theorycrafting a good setup, so I would be grateful for some help from very experienced sorc PVPers :)

Also consider that I will perhaps change to destro if I don't like dw + web and that I will prob. mainly solo on the sorc with a fairly aggressive build but also decent sustain so no pure glass cannon.

I came up with these set ups but I'm not sure tbh:

Julianos's 5/5 (or kag), Kena 1/2, Willpower 3/3, 3/5 kag (or torug)

Edited by Wizzo91 on October 31, 2015 11:25PM
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP