The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Camo Hunter

thomasvaughn21_ESO
Is camouflaged hunter worth it in pvp for a bow user?
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YUP!!! I play a magicka templar vampire and I can confirm that camo hunter for a pew pew bow user is worth it... :p
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Camo hunter is part of the current meta of this game, unfortunately for my poor team edward :lol:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffy ain't got nothing on a Camo Hunting, pewpew-ing, sneakysneaky NB
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Big time I'm sniping players for 20k damage with it
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's exploited again so go ahead and make the most of it, they won't fix anything for a long time...
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thomasvaughn21_ESO -
    Relentless focus,
    Camo hunter,
    Rally

There are must haves for a Stamina based bow user in Cyrodiil nowadays.
    Silvershards is also a must have for those sticky situations when 2 vampire player attack you.. put them both down and nuke them.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be the only one NOT (ab)using it yet.

ESO:InstaGib Edition
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yessssss. put it on your barrrrrr..... See vamp/ww, click rally, swap to bow, click camo hunter, click molten weapons, charge heavy attack, animation cancel and let off silver shards followed by block into another silver shards. 60K damage VAMP DEAD BOOOOOOOOOM. Free ap =D. For non vamps follow up with fossilize + entropy + dragon leap. Let the QQ rain down on ur bodyyyy~
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • TheCharja
    TheCharja
    Consistantly getting double procced for 10k+ damage from just camo every opener got me to cure vampirism and stealth very very slowly across the battleground.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's free burst damage, no skill required
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is invalid. Vamp/WW scum must die. /roleplay

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camo hunter is actually a tad op, you can make it procc twice with ease from stealth, and most of the times it will procc 3 times in 3 seconds before your target is dead.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a Vampire who sneaks around only killing vampires.

Why?

In 1.6:
    - I could stealth kill many players vampire or not. This was the fun of being a nightblade. Counters were available to anyone who did not like ganker's. Radiant Mage Light reduced stealth damage by 50%, so if anyone complains its op, slot the counter. I had no problems with this in 1.6. I died many times to it as well. I just thought of it as being part of the game. Just like shield stacking sorcs and perma blocking tanks. They were not issues in my eyes. Just play styles. The dueling community is what influenced these terrible balance changes in my opinion.

In 1.7
    - Stealth damage is laughable. Literally nothing. Nightblades should be glass cannons who kill you from the shadows. Not these hybrid healing warriors.

- So i slot camouflage hunter and go around killing vampires. However i do so with a twist. I try to go into the middle of large groups and take out a vampire and get out unharmed. When it works, it feels awesome. Everyone in that group running around trying to find you. Its great fun.
    So yes, being a vampire has its drawbacks. You should realize being a vampire means that camo hunter will destroy you, however RML counters this. I never die as a vampire since im always in stealth. I dunno what to say about any vampires who run around not in stealth. Your asking for it.

For some nice quality of life changes which would help Vampires out a lot. Would be to have Mage Light be an ability with a 1 minute duration. That way you only need 1 slot to keep it active, your only job is to keep the buff on you so you don't die to camo hunter.

Camo Hunter is the only real reliable way to get quick kills for those players who want stealth gameplay. If camo hunter gets nerfed, you need to buff the stealth damage multiplier. Many players like myself have a passion for stealth gameplay like this.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 27, 2015 3:49PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Xelophobe
    Xelophobe
    ✭✭
    GUYS SHHHHHH!!!! If you keep talking about it pretty soon there will be no more people to one-shot.
    AD characters
    Xelophobe the Wise- V16 Sorc
    Xelophobe the Mighty- V5 DK
    Xelophobe the Kitty- V1 NB
    DC character
    Xelophobe the Smurf- V3 Templar
  • TheCharja
    TheCharja

Why?

In 1.6:
    - I could stealth kill many players vampire or not. This was the fun of being a nightblade. Counters were available to anyone who did not like ganker's. Radiant Mage Light reduced stealth damage by 50%, so if anyone complains its op, slot the counter. I had no problems with this in 1.6. I died many times to it as well. I just thought of it as being part of the game. Just like shield stacking sorcs and perma blocking tanks. They were not issues in my eyes. Just play styles. The dueling community is what influenced these terrible balance changes in my opinion.

In 1.7
    - Stealth damage is laughable. Literally nothing. Nightblades should be glass cannons who kill you from the shadows. Not these hybrid healing warriors.

- So i slot camouflage hunter and go around killing vampires. However i do so with a twist. I try to go into the middle of large groups and take out a vampire and get out unharmed. When it works, it feels awesome. Everyone in that group running around trying to find you. Its great fun.
    So yes, being a vampire has its drawbacks. You should realize being a vampire means that camo hunter will destroy you, however RML counters this. I never die as a vampire since im always in stealth. I dunno what to say about any vampires who run around not in stealth. Your asking for it.

For some nice quality of life changes which would help Vampires out a lot. Would be to have Mage Light be an ability with a 1 minute duration. That way you only need 1 slot to keep it active, your only job is to keep the buff on you so you don't die to camo hunter.

Camo Hunter is the only real reliable way to get quick kills for those players who want stealth gameplay. If camo hunter gets nerfed, you need to buff the stealth damage multiplier. Many players like myself have a passion for stealth gameplay like this.
    Gaining the very minor benefits for being a vampire should make you easily 1-hit killable ? This makes total sense.
    Edited by TheCharja on October 27, 2015 3:53PM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheCharja wrote: »
    Gaining the very minor benefits for being a vampire should make you easily 1-hit killable ? This makes total sense.
    I think it is a really reasonable tradeoff. As a vampire you get speedy sneak, reduced damage, a great ultimate, improved regen if you slot the ultimate/skill, and two so-so skills and a few other very minor benefits. In exchange you're weak to the fighter's guild skill line and to a lesser extent fire. As a nightblade I found it to be a tough call, but after getting insta-killed a few times in IC, I cured my vampirism. I don't regret the decision, but I really miss the ultimate and the fast sneak speed. Most people aren't slotting camo hunter right now so it only comes up once every 6 or so fights.

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    I think it is a really reasonable tradeoff. As a vampire you get speedy sneak, reduced damage, a great ultimate, improved regen if you slot the ultimate/skill, and two so-so skills and a few other very minor benefits. In exchange you're weak to the fighter's guild skill line and to a lesser extent fire. As a nightblade I found it to be a tough call, but after getting insta-killed a few times in IC, I cured my vampirism. I don't regret the decision, but I really miss the ultimate and the fast sneak speed. Most people aren't slotting camo hunter right now so it only comes up once every 6 or so fights.

Ontop of this if you just slotted radiant mage light you would never die to camo hunter ever.

The real problem is RML needs 2 slots to be effective.

@TheCharja
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 27, 2015 4:45PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the OP,

Yes Camo hunter is worth it for stamina stealth gameplay. I have been using it since the game released. The "Camo" proc can crit in upwards of 11k and the "Hunter" proc can hit upwards of 7k crit. Second to that, both morphs grant 10%ish passive weapon crit. Thus allowing you to use tripots instead of pots with crit.

For Non-stealth gameplay Evil hunter is quite useful for stamina sustain in aoe situations and still provided the same crit benefits.

To answer all the crying Vamps,

Camo hunter is NOT bugged in any way. The "Camo" proc is 100% from stealth (not invisibility) and the "Hunter" proc is 4%(15% on Vamp/Trasmormed WW) per hit with an internal CD.

The "Camo" proc is not effected by the internal Cd as it can only happen once per engagement and is 100% if your target is Undead/Daedra/Transfored WW (with passive).

So what I regularly get on a Vamp gank:

10-12k Heavy DW attack - As both weapons hit, it provides 2 chances for the "Hunter" proc (15%)
    6-10k Camo proc
    6-8k Surprise attack- Animation canceling the fully charged heavy attack, providing another chance for the hunter proc.
    6-9k Surprise attack- Providing another chance for the "Hunter" proc. (usually not needed on vamps under 38K health)

Animation canceling the Heavy attack with SA allows both abilities to hit nearly at the same time (time stamp diff of miliseconds) Giving rough numbers of,

10-12k -Heavy
    6-10k Camo
    6-8k SA
    4-7k "Hunter"

Results- 26-37k damage on opener, to a Vamp/Tranformed WW in pvp, from stealth.

Obviously this is a simplification, as other abilities are used in other situations, like Ambush on fast moving and targets on a diff axis than you. Also note the proc chance is 4% for non-vamp and 15% for vamp.

As a Vamp myself, I fully accept and embrace this. In fact I quite enjoy the rush, knowing if I am visible and not in a large group I am heavily vulnerable. I find it exciting. However, nothing is broken, nor being exploited here. And those single "Camo Hunters" on your death recaps are both procs in one tooltip if it was a one-shot.

Edit- Oh and ya, you can half ALL that damage and prevent the stun, by slotting ONE ability. Seems like a no brainer for folks that don't like being insta gibed /shrug.
    Edited by Xeniph on October 27, 2015 5:44PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    To answer the OP,

Yes Camo hunter is worth it for stamina stealth gameplay. I have been using it since the game released. The "Camo" proc can crit in upwards of 11k and the "Hunter" proc can hit upwards of 7k crit. Second to that, both morphs grant 10%ish passive weapon crit. Thus allowing you to use tripots instead of pots with crit.

For Non-stealth gameplay Evil hunter is quite useful for stamina sustain in aoe situations and still provided the same crit benefits.

To answer all the crying Vamps,

Camo hunter is NOT bugged in any way. The "Camo" proc is 100% from stealth (not invisibility) and the "Hunter" proc is 4%(15% on Vamp/Trasmormed WW) per hit with an internal CD.

The "Camo" proc is not effected by the internal Cd as it can only happen once per engagement and is 100% if your target is Undead/Daedra/Transfored WW (with passive).

So what I regularly get on a Vamp gank:

10-12k Heavy DW attack - As both weapons hit, it provides 2 chances for the "Hunter" proc (15%)
    6-10k Camo proc
    6-8k Surprise attack- Animation canceling the fully charged heavy attack, providing another chance for the hunter proc.
    6-9k Surprise attack- Providing another chance for the "Hunter" proc. (usually not needed on vamps under 38K health)

Animation canceling the Heavy attack with SA allows both abilities to hit nearly at the same time (time stamp diff of miliseconds) Giving rough numbers of,

10-12k -Heavy
    6-10k Camo
    6-8k SA
    4-7k "Hunter"

Results- 26-37k damage on opener, to a Vamp/Tranformed WW in pvp, from stealth.

Obviously this is a simplification, as other abilities are used in other situations, like Ambush on fast moving and targets on a diff axis than you. Also note the proc chance is 4% for non-vamp and 15% for vamp.

As a Vamp myself, I fully accept and embrace this. In fact I quite enjoy the rush, knowing if I am visible and not in a large group I am heavily vulnerable. I find it exciting. However, nothing is broken, nor being exploited here. And those single "Camo Hunters" on your death recaps are both procs in one tooltip if it was a one-shot.

Edit- Oh and ya, you can half ALL that damage and prevent the stun, by slotting ONE ability. Seems like a no brainer for folks that don't like being insta gibed /shrug.

*clap clap clap*, *sheds a tear*.

Finally someone who knows what's up. Although I agree with you, you are a vamp so I will find you and one shot you.
    :smile:
    Edited by Vangy on October 28, 2015 6:05AM

• Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭

if its only a minor benefit why not cure it and stop crying?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not a vamp (for this reason) anymore and it's still hitting me for 6k.
    PC EU
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a vamp (for this reason) anymore and it's still hitting me for 6k.

Yes, every target is subject to the 4% RNG. The damage is not scaled either way for being a Vamp/WW/Daedra or none of the above. Only the percentage to proc is.

15%- Vamp/Daedra/Transformed WW (with passive)

4%- Everything else in the game

X damage to all, no modifiers specific to Vamps.

The proc is quite a bit rarer on non vamps, but that's the beauty of the diff morphs. It makes Evil hunter over Camo hunter a relevant choice when not figting Daedra/Vamps.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why?

In 1.6:

In 1.7

Me myself enjoy stealth / ambushing gameplay. But there is NOTHING okay with a skill that takes no effort/skill whatsoever to instantly kill any vampire.

Sure there should be drawbacks on vamp, and fighters guild skills should hurt. But instakilling? The whole idea of the new battlespirit was to reduce TTK.

I can't even have a decent fight or even ride on my horse without some punk sitting in the shadows, fapping with his bow with camo hunter on (I dropped vamp btw, no more cheap kills =))

In 1.6 atleast it was your actual weapon/class skills which could drop players in a second, the camo hunter proc was just a bonus. Now it's camo hunter doing the killing and I'm sick of it.

Tough nothing feels as good as being non vamp, slotting camo hunter, radiant magelight, piercing mark, everything and go hunt these bowtards and instagib them back. Karma is sweet :trollface:

What's even more cheese? In 1.6 I actually ran food, and pure bow / weapdmg gear (5x hawks eye,4x morag, 2x nights silence) to drop people.

Now I can YOLO around with damn regen drinks , no buffood, just two buffs (rally, camo hunter, focused aim or heavy attack + light attack) dead vampire. Very mucho skill yes? Pro player !
    Edited by Master_Kas on October 28, 2015 3:24PM
    EU | PC
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭

Why?

In 1.6:

In 1.7

If it was minor you wouldn't take it. Werewolf is minor. Vamps just need to die.
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO

Why?

In 1.6:

In 1.7

AAAAND that's why i am not a vampire anymore. The fighters guild skills+passives strike very hard + fire is a curse. If only vampires have more skills to slot, it should be fun to play a real vampire knight or mage, but for now the counterside of being a vampire don't worth it anymore