Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purge not working against mark target properly

tennant94
tennant94
✭✭✭
Has anybody else found that purge doesn't remove mark target everytime and additionally when it does remove mark target the animation is still visible, y'know despite it being purged?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in my experience it takes 2 purges to remove 1 mark

PC EU
    PvP only
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    in my experience it takes 2 purges to remove 1 mark

Its the same for me butis thi working as intended, do you know?
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    Is this*
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a similar issue. After using purge when marked a few times the animation stuck until I relogged
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Had a similar issue. After using purge when marked a few times the animation stuck until I relogged

Yup, it needs fixing i guess.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm using FTC, which in its version shows 2 debuff icons when someone uses Piercing Mark on me. It looks like casting Purge only removes one of those, but I need confirmation on this.

I'm curious as to how debuffs are treated by the game, Piercing mark has 3 effects:
    - Major phys debuff
    - Major spell resist debuff
    - Reveals cloaked targets

So is Purge removing Piercing mark, and these 3 debuffs, as well as something else, or just the first 2 effects of Piercing mark?

As for the persistent visuals after purging, yes it happens a lot, no, /reloadui doesn't work, only relogging removes it.
    Edited by Asmael on October 28, 2015 11:10AM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    I'm using FTC, which in its version shows 2 debuff icons when someone uses Piercing Mark on me. It looks like casting Purge only removes one of those, but I need confirmation on this.

I'm curious as to how debuffs are treated by the game, Piercing mark has 3 effects:
    - Major phys debuff

So is Purge removing Piercing mark, and these 3 debuffs, as well as something else, or just the first 2 effects of Piercing mark?

As for the persistent visuals after purging, yes it happens a lot, no, /reloadui doesn't work, only relogging removes it.

Nice insight maybe it is working as intended
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue since a very long time. And even after bringing it up on the forums and /bug reporting the issue multiple times has yield zero response from the devs.

My advice, just learn to live with the bug.
    Learning to co-exist with bugs is essentially a fundamental survival skill that is required to be successful in this game.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learning to co-exist with bugs is essentially a fundamental survival skill that is required to be successful in this game.
    Haha, it also means you're less likely to be frustrated when it continually happens
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, from my experience purge only removes 2 effects every time you cast it. I'm not totally sure about the priority, but high damage dots seem to be purged first.
    I personally like to have a templar around me, since the templar purge synergy removes more (all?) effects.
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an issue since a very long time. And even after bringing it up on the forums and /bug reporting the issue multiple times has yield zero response from the devs.

Its probably not top of there list for fixes which is fair enough but yh some response would be nice! I just dont slot it, i used it for an hour encountered this bug/w/e it is and found other ways to die* i mean deal with mark.
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Haha, it also means you're less likely to be frustrated when it continually happens

I would only ust purge when escaping /getting out of tricky situations so they wouldn't really be reapplying target over and over lol
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

- Major phys debuff

It seems like you need to purge twice:
    1 time for the major fracture/breach part
    1 time for the "piercing" mark which breaks your sneak/cloak/batswarm

There are also atleast 2 bugs with mark that I know of:
    1. If someone uses piercing mark morph on you and you go into clouding swarm (the invis one) EVERYONE can see you, not just the one casting the mark.
    2. Sometimes even after you purge it twice, the animation remains until you relog (tough you're not really marked, unless he reapplies it, but when this happens you can't really be sure)

No idea if its intended or not, but it's annoying as feck ^^
    EU | PC
  • Dreizopf
    Dreizopf
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, from my experience purge only removes 2 effects every time you cast it. I'm not totally sure about the priority, but high damage dots seem to be purged first.
    I personally like to have a templar around me, since the templar purge synergy removes more (all?) effects.

Up to 5 depending on its level ( I to IV ).
    Edited by Dreizopf on October 28, 2015 9:02PM
    Man sollte sagen, was man meint. Wenn man nicht sagt, was man meint, dann meint man nicht, was man sagt.
    You should say what you are meaning. If you don't say what you are meaning, you don't mean what you are saying.
    (Wittgenstein, "Lycidas", Christoph Marzi)
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet I've fought against magblades that only needed to purge once and they could go back into stealth after I marked them. Tbh it's almost like it's completely random which 2 effects of piercing mark purge decides to remove.