Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to stop the zerg! (Video included)

Hedonista
Hedonista
Soul Shriven
  • 1Grumpy_dunmer1
    Nice!! What skill line is that under I want to incorporate that into my build asap.
    XxbothbarrelsxX ps4 NA
    Magicka nightblade vr16 EP
    Magicka dragonknight vr16 EP
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    That would be Inevitable Detonation in the Assault line. Takes about as long to cast it.

Speaking of which, that skill really should be changed. Cut base damage in half but let damage ramp by 10% per enemy with no cap. Then it could really be a zerg buster. Currently it's a bit useless.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    That would be Inevitable Detonation in the Assault line. Takes about as long to cast it.

Speaking of which, that skill really should be changed. Cut base damage in half but let damage ramp by 10% per enemy with no cap. Then it could really be a zerg buster. Currently it's a bit useless.

That would mean you'd get the same damage as you do now with 10 enemies hit (wich is a LOT, considering the first AoE cap is 6) and deal 70% more damage than currently when you hit a full raid WITHOUT AoE caps.

Edit: That means no one would care. We already got a huge damage reduction with Battle Spirit.
    Edited by ToRelax on October 27, 2015 4:58PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, they let us have it in Fallout... :<

P.S. I know this thread was intended to be more of a classic clown-around but I can't resist posting a vid of some actual zerg-busting, just to keep hope alive. This was 1.6, but it's still possible, I promise.

https://youtu.be/tFXC19DRlfg?t=173

I don't think the embedded video will jump to the right time, so if you don't wanna watch the whole thing you can jump to one of the best fights we ever had here or skip to 2:53.

R.I.P. Divines see u at the X-roads
    Edited by heystreethawk on October 27, 2015 5:09PM
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easier way:

Make the Inevitable one instant-cast with 8s arming time and detonation upon cleanse.

Give Proximity the 2s cast time and 4s arming time.

Result: Use purge intelligent/a lot of LOS or die to either detonations or debuffs.
  • 1Grumpy_dunmer1

I was excited to get it just after this patch to find out it was much less use full than I anticipated.
    XxbothbarrelsxX ps4 NA
    Magicka nightblade vr16 EP
    Magicka dragonknight vr16 EP
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70090ee7bececfb5c71a9bd75a9dabad.jpg

2f264bd45f2dc80a3eb0de7b657bc02e.jpg

A normal day in Cyrodiil. A destruction ball with half people spam heal and the other half spam Steel Tornado moving around in close knit form. Nothing can stop them. You die within 0.5 second. Look at the 2nd screenshot. Even my computer or the server don't know what the heck is going on, it still show a 13% of my magicka left lololol. It was like "How can this player dead? How can someone at full health can die this fast?". Even a machine can't process that fast. Is this what you call "pvp"?

And Proximity Detonation bomb suicide you said? So how many time I have to die to get enough AP to level up Assault line to get that skill?

My suggestion: give us mines items, sold by the siege weapons merchant. Take 3s to set the mine field. Detonation mine has damage increase for each enemy within the range up to 300%. An immobilize mine that trap the enemy and DoT them, immobilize time increase for each enemy within the range.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on October 28, 2015 5:19AM
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

That would mean you'd get the same damage as you do now with 10 enemies hit (wich is a LOT, considering the first AoE cap is 6) and deal 70% more damage than currently when you hit a full raid WITHOUT AoE caps.

Edit: That means no one would care. We already got a huge damage reduction with Battle Spirit.
    I'd care. Give me 70% more damage on my Inevitable and I'll kill two thirds of a blob with it.