The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High end rig performance

Destimion
Destimion
Hello everyone,

Just joined ESO like 2 days ago and i'm really, really enjoying the game. (but i have a lil' problem ^^)
I realise these kind of games have issues with having stable framerates, but i feel like my computer can handle this game better.
Used geforce experience to optimize my game and maxed my game graphics and framerate is mostly 60 (vsync on)
Cities are a different story tho, my framerate can drop to like 30...and whenever i enter a city there is like some sort of "jittery lag"
It seems like the world had troubles generating the area or something (not so sure how to explain that)

I didn't do raids and dungeons yet or pvp because i'm very early into the game.. But i heard these places can be really bad for your framerate.
Also turned down shadows from ultra to high, but didn't see any difference.

PC basic specs/info:

cpu: i7-4790k
gpu: evga gtx 980 ftw
ram: 1866 Mhz corsair vengeance (4x2 / 8gb ram)
m/b: msi gaming 5 z97
psu: antec edge 650watt
(game installed on wd black 1Tb)
i also have a ssd but i don't think that will make a difference..

Ingame settings:

pqopwgkd8wo7.png
9st4g7jhuz9q.png

This might be normal but i might have some kind of issue.
But i'm worried bad framerates can ruin raids/pvp.
Thanks for reading/helping me :)

• Destimion
    Destimion
    Made a mistake with the first picture, but basically everything is "on"

sorry for double post!
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

An ongoing discussion about this topic already exists. For the sake of keeping feedback consolidated, we are closing this thread and ask that you please continue the discussion here.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • deucalionsb
    deucalionsb
    ✭✭
    I have lesser gear in my rig ( i7-2600 and a MSI GTX 970 twin frozr) and I still gets jarring framerate drops in high pop cities and PvP, TBH I think it's the optimization of the game itself. Try turning your view distance down a bit and see if that helps any.
  • Destimion
    Destimion
    ZOS_Alex wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

An ongoing discussion about this topic already exists. For the sake of keeping feedback consolidated, we are closing this thread and ask that you please continue the discussion here.

Thank you!

Ok thanks will do that, i thought it might depend from pc to pc :)
This discussion has been closed.