Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adding Alliance-Switch to the Crown Store.

EnoughGeo
EnoughGeo
So recently i contacted support offering my intake and opinion on the new Glass Motif being placed in the crown store, which personally i didn't like and i know other people don't like the idea either. Mostly because people feel that it is far too early after the update to put a new and rare motif in the crown store to make it easy for lazier people to just buy and brag about it. I'm going to share with you all the email i sent to support offering a suggestion, i would really like to hear some feedback on this opinion because i've talked to other players, mainly in guilds i'm in, and they have agreed that they would like to be able to purchase an Alliance-Switch. Here it is:

"Hello,
I am contacting you today to offer a suggestion and/or complaint. Recently I noticed the new Glass Motif was put in the Crown store, I don't completely respect and follow this idea since people could just buy the new Motif instead of working for it and developing skills bartering in Tamriel, also it ruins some of the newest updates put in place, currently the Glass Motif along with the Xivkyn Motif are the rarest and most sought after pieces of equipment styles in the game and putting one of them in the crown store, especially this early after the update, is quite foolish and goes against the role play of the game. I understand why other motif's are in the crown store and i agree to that since its been quite a while since they were released and people had the time slot to earn it in game instead of paying real money for it. If it's of any use, I propose you replace it with a new, more valuable purchase in the form of a single use alliance-switch per individual character, I feel this is more useful since it wouldn't be able to be purchased in game with the currency and also many people who have worked hard, long hours to either grind or quest their characters to high levels would feel slightly put-off by playing the game since they wouldn't be entirely happy with the Alliance choice, i truly believe this purchase, if made possible, would be one of high value and very profitable. I sincerely hope you take into consideration my suggestion because i can see no downside and i would be one of the first to purchase it if you made the decision to make it reality.

Best regards,
Geo.
"

This email was sent to support to maybe sway their opinions and give them player feedback. I was advised to make a forum post about it and here it is, please give me feedback so we can make this possible, also any constructive criticism is welcomed incase you have any information on how this possibly couldn't work. I know that some people would be more than happy to purchase this Alliance change and i hope it will be implemented, but it would only happen with more than my voice contributing to the idea. Thank you,

-Geo
  • Zahne
    Zahne
    ✭✭✭
    The glass motif was always going to be added to the crown store, why are people shocked that it was?
    My Stream
    Or watch on Honour TV
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    Zahne wrote: »
    The glass motif was always going to be added to the crown store, why are people shocked that it was?

I'm assuming since it is worth so much for individual fragments in game currently, since it was just released, that people who have worked hard so far to acquire it have just had a punch in the gut since now people can just buy it in the crown store for irl money, and its been only a month since the update was released and people are still trading the new items so with the new released of the Glass Motif prices will drop incredibly in-game. That's my theory anyways haha.
  • Zahne
    Zahne
    ✭✭✭
    Its only worth what people are willing to pay, and the prices of the fragments were stupidly high anyway, at least now I can complete my set with ingame gold now the price has plummeted. When the new motifs were announced they even said then they were coming to the crown store.
    My Stream
    Or watch on Honour TV
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    Its only worth what people are willing to pay, and the prices of the fragments were stupidly high anyway, at least now I can complete my set with ingame gold now the price has plummeted. When the new motifs were announced they even said then they were coming to the crown store.

Still, i believe it is a little early to add it. But primarily this post is more centered on the idea of an Alliance-Switch being added to the game - I am all ears for your opinion on that also :)
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not keen on the idea of an alliance switch being available for crowns.
    What some have suggested and I'd sjupport is that on finishing Cadwell's Gold you should get to pick what alliance you support.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not keen on the idea of an alliance switch being available for crowns.
    What some have suggested and I'd support is that on finishing Cadwell's Gold you should get to pick what alliance you support.

Edited by BabeestorGor on September 26, 2015 9:18PM
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    EU PC.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please ignore, double post :/
    Edited by BabeestorGor on September 26, 2015 9:19PM
    EU PC.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, here are my 2 cents on the topic.

I do agree that, perhaps waiting a couple of months after the launch of IC before putting the motif in the crown store would have been better. It can be a nice "motivation" or "incentives" for players to play and try getting their hands on them before their release into the Crown Store.

In regards to the Alliance Change, I support the idea of Alliance or Campaign Change permit or token (or whatever it will be called) being sold in Crown Store. Having made a few mistakes, mainly due to having guild mates or friends asking me to join them in their alliance/campaign for whatever reasons, I find myself getting locked out of another campaign all the time.

I am not a hardcore pvp-er and only just started hanging around the pvp ground after IC release. When IC was first released, my EP character was invited to run in Trueflame campaign. A few days later, my AD character was asked to run Trueflame campaign as well by my guildies. I was able to run both several times and a week later, I was denied entry in AD. I can't even enter as a guest. Fair enough, you can't be in two faction running the same campaign. However, I am playing my AD character a whole lot more than I do my EP. So I would like the option to be able to change my EP's campaign to somewhere else and keep playing with my guild mates in Trueflame with my AD character. With an Alliance/Campaign Change token, I would have been able to do this immediately without having to wait for 30 days and not missed out on a bunch of fun runs with my guild. It hurts no one, no faction or alliance at all but it can be a nice money making venture for ZOS.

How many times have those who are not hard core pvp-er encountered these sort of scenarios? Did you wish there was something you could do? Willingly pay a fine to change campaign? A penalty of sort? I know there is an option to pay with your AP.. but many times, I have encountered a scene where that option did not even appear and all I was getting was something akin to "Computer Says NO"!

I have been an ESO+ subscriber from the very start and the thought of terminating it has not even crossed my mind. I have not spent a single one of my crown store gold accumulated monthly until a few weeks ago when I purchased 2 costumes from the Noble collection. I still have more than 11k gold in my ESO account purse. I don't care for the pets or rainbow mounts or whatever so there will be almost 0 chance of me spending it on them. But I would gladly part with some of my CS gold to be able to change my character's campaign from time to time so I can have some fun in game with my guildies and friends...

Cheers!

Edited by EllieBlue on September 27, 2015 4:08PM
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • EC_Rob
    EC_Rob
    ✭✭✭
    As far as im concerned its your own choice if you want to buy the motif yes or no, i do agree that it has been released way to fast they should've waiting till next big update with the arrival of new motifs and such.

As for the other stuff like the mounts and the costumes and stuff this still is a personal thing right? if you dont want to buy it then you wont. if youre like me and you dont really care about it then thats oke. i personally keep up my eso + subscription because i love the game and want to support the creators. got the game since release and have always found it an awesome game but with some things in the crownstore like the buying of horse upgrades and all i strongly disagree cause thats pay to win kind of stuff. but if you buy the glass or any motifs youre not paying to win youre paying to make your character look more awesome for you. its a personal thing. but i do think its strange that you can buy the glass one but not the xyfkin one.

And for the Alliance change i myself dont need it for now but i can see how many people would think its a good buy, wich it is cause of you know, you meet people trough guilds and such but you dont want to spend another life time leveling another character to play with them say all of the people you meet are in a different alliance its kind of lonely for you.

So basicly yes an alliance change and a race change should come be it bought for crowns or get 1 free one.

On the race change matter i just sneaked in, same principle as with the alliance change you dont want to spend a lifetime leveling another character cause of the fact that your race has bad bonusses like say a redguard healer vs a breton healer.
    Redguard has not a single racial passive good for any magicka build and you probably didnt know this when you created your character. i must say to though that it will be kind of pay to win as well cause the passive matter a lot end game.

Cheers,
    EmstCntRob
    @EC_Rob
    GM of Nirn Traders (PC-EU)
    GM of Aetherius Trade (PC-EU)
    GM of Sovngarde Traders (PC-EU)

Keep it causal, enjoy your games.
    Kill in good spirit, die in good spirit.

Magicka Templar since 2014. Breton master race forever.
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    Thanks for all your ideas guys! Lets keep them coming!
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    EnoughGeo wrote: »
    ....to make it easy for lazier people

Fix this.

Lazier =/= Convenience

Not everyone has the time to spend farming/grinding to complete writs that already have a low drop chance for the fragments. Wait, what's that? You can buy them with gold from Guild Traders? Likewise, because not everyone has that kind of time, it also means they accumulate gold at a slower rate.

The Crown Store is not game breaking, is not p2w nor is it mandatory. It's there for convenience. The motif is a cosmetic to armor that most people can craft at this point in the game.

So, in closing, I don't agree with your idea.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    ....to make it easy for lazier people

Fix this.

Lazier =/= Convenience

Not everyone has the time to spend farming/grinding to complete writs that already have a low drop chance for the fragments. Wait, what's that? You can buy them with gold from Guild Traders? Likewise, because not everyone has that kind of time, it also means they accumulate gold at a slower rate.

The Crown Store is not game breaking, is not p2w nor is it mandatory. It's there for convenience. The motif is a cosmetic to armor that most people can craft at this point in the game.

So, in closing, I don't agree with your idea.

Thanks for your input! But again, this post is mostly supporting the idea of an Alliance-Switch to be added, the Glass Motif complaint was only mine, and most other people in my guilds, opinion on the matter and i thought i should add it into the email rather than make two separate ones.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input! But again, this post is mostly supporting the idea of an Alliance-Switch to be added, the Glass Motif complaint was only mine, and most other people in my guilds, opinion on the matter and i thought i should add it into the email rather than make two separate ones.

That's something I can get behind. I welcomed it in WoW when I played, mostly because it was a nice change of pace when a group of us needed to get away from guild drama. I'm all about that Ebonheart Pact life, but I can see this being a good option for those that picked an Alliance, one to find it wasn't to their liking.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm saving my crowns mainly because I would prefer to use it for alliance change and additional character slots should those two things become a possibility.

I'm even willing to finish Cadwell's Gold and pay a crown fee to have a one time only alliance switch for one or two characters who are currently in the wrong alliance for me. I can understand that some people are concerned about the abuse of alliance transfers, but surely it could be implemented in a way to allay those fears?
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    Grunim wrote: »
    I'm saving my crowns mainly because I would prefer to use it for alliance change and additional character slots should those two things become a possibility.

I'm even willing to finish Cadwell's Gold and pay a crown fee to have a one time only alliance switch for one or two characters who are currently in the wrong alliance for me. I can understand that some people are concerned about the abuse of alliance transfers, but surely it could be implemented in a way to allay those fears?

I agree completely, i am saving crowns just in case they do implement the Alliance change, i don't see how it could be abused if it was 1) Costing around 5000 crowns (which i imagine it would) and 2) A one time switch per character.

It's nice to see quite a few people backing my idea, now all we need is to get ZoS on our side :)
    Edited by EnoughGeo on September 29, 2015 5:04PM
  • fosokles
    fosokles
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add that I completely support the idea of alliance switch since I have one V14 character stranded in the wrong alliance and sadly too much work went to it for me to start all over again in the right alliance.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I would support this but whats to stop almost everyone from switching to the same alliance :s ?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    I guess I would support this but whats to stop almost everyone from switching to the same alliance :s ?

That's like asking what's to stop everyone buying the mind shriven mount.

1) Not everyone is willing to spend real money on things from the crown store.
    2) It might not appeal to everyone, they might like their current Alliance and wish not to switch.

Hypothetically, nothing would stop everyone buying a switch to the same alliance; same with any other thing in the crown store. People have different tastes so it's up to them if they're willing to buy it or not.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's like asking what's to stop everyone buying the mind shriven mount.

1) Not everyone is willing to spend real money on things from the crown store.
    2) It might not appeal to everyone, they might like their current Alliance and wish not to switch.

Hypothetically, nothing would stop everyone buying a switch to the same alliance; same with any other thing in the crown store. People have different tastes so it's up to them if they're willing to buy it or not.

Apples to oranges. There is a benefit to being certain alliances. This would be the death of DC PC NA. The horse is a skin.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZoS don't put an alliance change. Make them stick with they're character.

If they don't want to be on the losing side of pvp start an alt on the alliance you want.

Any option to change race, alliance, and class are all unnecessary. Please don't add these options to this wonderful game.
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    Please ZoS don't put an alliance change. Make them stick with they're character.

If they don't want to be on the losing side of pvp start an alt on the alliance you want.

Any option to change race, alliance, and class are all unnecessary. Please don't add these options to this wonderful game.

It's not changing a character per say, it's changing the alliance they sided with which i find completely viable to change since it's not changing a race or a class which i'm against because that would be unrealistic but an Alliance is just the side you're with and its perfectly reasonable to want to change that, i believe anyways.
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance switch would't work out. Too many quest errors would occur.. Well... It would take alot of work.. Could happen I guess..
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • Koosh
    Koosh
    Soul Shriven
    I'd throw money at the screen. Leveled a vr3 character on ebonheart with a real life friend...he quit playing and all of my internet friends are aldmeri. Needless to say I dont have the heart to keep playing because I love my first character and the grind sapped my enthusiasm at about level 33.

Unfortunate..but the effort to get to vr3 on limited availability is not worth it..went back to Destiny waiting for alliance changes.

ZOS, take my money..id grind through gold on my vr3 to get the switch.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nénlindë wrote: »
    Alliance switch would't work out. Too many quest errors would occur.. Well... It would take alot of work.. Could happen I guess..

Exactly. Other MMOs have alliance changes. But do those other games let you eventually do the other alliance quests? None that I can think of or played.

It just wouldn't work. Most have already completed most of the other alliances quests/stories. Now let's get an alliance change to do it again?

With the way the game is set up, an alliance change wouldn't work. Plus with the Imperial City update, vet levels are nothing to gain.

Just start an alt!:)

No alliance changes please.
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    Nénlindë wrote: »

Exactly. Other MMOs have alliance changes. But do those other games let you eventually do the other alliance quests? None that I can think of or played.

It just wouldn't work. Most have already completed most of the other alliances quests/stories. Now let's get an alliance change to do it again?

With the way the game is set up, an alliance change wouldn't work. Plus with the Imperial City update, vet levels are nothing to gain.

Just start an alt!:)

No alliance changes please.

Ok but how would you feel if you could purchase an alliance switch AFTER finishing gold? That way, you get the opportunity to do all the alliance quests for each and doesn't limit what you can/can't do in that alliance.
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭

don't be a moron. no one ever thought it wouldn't be added.

no one ever would have guessed it would have been added so quickly. That is the problem. It should have taken a minimum of at least 1 month if not 2 to 3 before being added.
  • Boyar
    Boyar
    Soul Shriven
    I would gladly pay for a chance to switch from aliance A to B by paying real money. I would like to play with my friends and i do not Have time to start all over so that solution would be great if i could pay and switch sides. Blizzard allows it so i hope that we will Have it Here as well soon.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boyar wrote: »
    I would gladly pay for a chance to switch from aliance A to B by paying real money. I would like to play with my friends and i do not Have time to start all over so that solution would be great if i could pay and switch sides. Blizzard allows it so i hope that we will Have it Here as well soon.
    @Boyar
    Yes but blizzards game doesn't let you go do the opposite teams quests.
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    Boyar wrote: »
    @Boyar
    Yes but blizzards game doesn't let you go do the opposite teams quests.

I don't think making it possible to do the other alliances quests would be that much of a stretch, i mean it allows us to do all the quests of the alliance in question when doing either Cadwells Silver/Gold so i don't imagine it would be that difficult to change it slightly in the favor of making it work for an alliance switch. But those are just my thoughts.
  • EnoughGeo
    EnoughGeo
    So it's come to my attention that Race Changes will be implemented early next year and i thought it was relevant to bring this back up. There's been much controversy over it and my personal view is that i find it very unrealistic and would ruin the somewhat realistic vibe to the game. I don't know how they will get around it in a lore friendly manner but i think that Alliance Switches should still be considered because it's very realistic that you could, for instance, find out about something you don't agree with later on in the game about your faction and would want to switch sides. I hope i get some agreement on this :)