The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crafting Writ Limit?

purple-magicb16_ESO
purple-magicb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Checked to see if this was asked before but didn't see it. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of daily crafting writs a character can complete? I was under the impression that even after the achievement is complete, you could still continue to complete a writ every day. Is this correct, b/c one of my crafters no longer has the writ option available after finishing the achievement. Should I put in a bug report? Tx!
Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on September 30, 2015 1:05PM
Give 'er eh!

Best Answers

• stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    You should still be able to do one writ a day for each crafting proficiency, even after completing the achievement.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
    Answer ✓
  • sazodeha
    sazodeha
    ✭✭
    Boo!!!!!!!!
    .... and I just found out you can only do one per day!? How ridiculous! Here I was thinking something good was implemented for those who may just want to do crafting! But nope! Do one a day and get your hinnie back out there and fight!? When would you see Emelda the tailor out fighting bears for hides!? Bah!!
    Answer ✓
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only do one a day? I do all of them every day on my main.
    Answer ✓
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can do one writ per craft per character. So on one character you can do 1 alchemy, 1 blacksmithing writ, 1 provisioning writ etc. Per day.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

You can do one writ per craft per character. So on one character you can do 1 alchemy, 1 blacksmithing writ, 1 provisioning writ etc. Per day.

Yup :)
    Answer ✓
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    I did 7 writs yesterday. One for each craft but because I didn't have enough nightwood for that crafting writ, I left it to the following day. I was able to get more nightwood and completed "yesterday's" woodcraft writ and then I completed "today's" woodcraft writ. In other words, I completed 5 different writs in one day and 2 woodcrafting writs in the same day for a total of 7.
    Answer ✓
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should still be able to do one writ a day for each crafting proficiency, even after completing the achievement.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll submit a bug report.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on September 30, 2015 1:59PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 7 writs yesterday. One for each craft but because I didn't have enough nightwood for that crafting writ, I left it to the following day. I was able to get more nightwood and completed "yesterday's" woodcraft writ and then I completed "today's" woodcraft writ. In other words, I completed 5 different writs in one day and 2 woodcrafting writs in the same day for a total of 7.

True. You can carry over one writ from the previous day. I have done that b4 2. It's really the only flexible feature of doing writs.
    Give 'er eh!
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sazodeha wrote: »
    Boo!!!!!!!!
    .... and I just found out you can only do one per day!? How ridiculous! Here I was thinking something good was implemented for those who may just want to do crafting! But nope! Do one a day and get your hinnie back out there and fight!? When would you see Emelda the tailor out fighting bears for hides!? Bah!!

So true. The only limit to writs shd be your stock. Rewards shd mean more too. Like there shd be a higher level crafter achievement for those that do a lot of writs.
    Give 'er eh!