The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IC: For the love of God, how do I get up here?

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
AhQyYl7.jpg

I decided to give IC another shot - mainly for the Xivkyn poly. Running a few quests and I came across this gem. I'm supposed to get up on top of that building and plant a banner, but there's no way up that I can see.. does anybody know this place, and how I can get up there?
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Die.

No, seriously, die.

That's your exit/respawn point. Normally you get there from your sewer base (the room with all the rope ladders) but if you die you'll respawn there as well.
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    Really? That's your spawn for the Arena district. Either die and release, or go to your base and look for the ladder leading to the Arena.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not really a mission. The only purpose is to make you go into that district so you can speak to another NPC. You took the wrong way.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap, so that's where I came from initially? I remember dropping down to kill a Templar when I first came out without even thinking about directions. If it's possible to find the base again and go back through it, that'd be preferable. I tried fighting some super huge clannfear in the arena and lost quite a few tv stones already.
    At least I know there's no way up there from where I am now.

Thanks guys!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I tried fighting some super huge clannfear in the arena and lost quite a few tv stones already.
    At least I know there's no way up there from where I am now.

Thanks guys!

That would be one of the very hard-if-not-impossible-to-kill sweepers, known "affectionately" to many of the folks I game with as "Godzilla"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    That would be one of the very hard-if-not-impossible-to-kill sweepers, known "affectionately" to many of the folks I game with as "Godzilla"
    Haha I can see where he gets that name from. One of the quests was "Kill all the daedra in the arena". I'm like, easy. First daedra I had to fight was Godzilla. Got him down to 3/4 health - and I'm thinking, yeah I got this. Then he starts spawning an army of clannfear and I was pretty much done for.
    I can see IC wasn't really made for solo gameplay. Some of the fights were nice, but there's NPCs waiting around every corner. I swear, if I didn't take my Nightblade into IC, I would have died more than once.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to avoid dying, get to your alliance base (via sewers system) and from the room with many rope ladders, select the ladder leading up to the Arena District. It's easier just dying to an NPC though, you only lose 10% of your Tel Var stones.
    PC-EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    If you want to avoid dying, get to your alliance base (via sewers system) and from the room with many rope ladders, select the ladder leading up to the Arena District. It's easier just dying to an NPC though, you only lose 10% of your Tel Var stones.
    Cool, thanks. I might try to make it back while I've got that x3 multiplier up. I'll either make it back and earn a crap load more stones, or die and lose 10% anyway.
    I'm really envious of Links hookshot right now.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same problem today... spent 30 minutes runing around the building for a ledge or stair, found nothing, then googled it and found this thread.
    So annoying.. they should put a ladder or make it clear that you can't reach it from below.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Had the same problem today... spent 30 minutes runing around the building for a ledge or stair, found nothing, then googled it and found this thread.
    So annoying.. they should put a ladder or make it clear that you can't reach it from below.

Lol this is a REALLY old thread my dude. Look how clueless I was, and what on earth am I wearing? Thanks for bringing back some memories though!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean...

owTO3PI.png
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I mean...

owTO3PI.png

HAHA WAIT, is that a ram??
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I mean...

owTO3PI.png

HAHA WAIT, is that a ram??

Yup! =) It has the general direction of the door right, it's just off by a few meters in height :D
  • Rykarch
    Rykarch
    ✭✭
    If you did not create this thread, I'd have to create it.. thank you!
    Two days ago running around that building not finding any way up gave me a slight headache and made me quit.. :D
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had this problem with a story quest because the marker was on the wrong district ladder.

The quest marker was telling me to use the arena district ladder, but banner was in arboretum district. I would come up in arena and follow next marker saying go to arboretum and see a banner way up on a wall. I was trying to find a way up there from arena district that went over. I was trying to find a way up there from within arboretum district that went over to banner. So I was stumped.

A player whispered me to explain that I had to go back to base and take the the arboretum district ladder even though my quest marker said otherwise. I don't know how that could happen.

Edited by Red_Feather on September 9, 2019 5:25PM