The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Launcher is very slow

ArcanusMagus
ArcanusMagus
✭✭✭
I don't mean downloading, I mean the launcher itself is slow. I'll double-click the ESO icon on my desktop to start the launcher and it takes about 30s to get to the PLAY button without a patch to download. My computer works fine and the game plays fine, I'm just curious about this launcher issue. This has only been happening for about a week or so and nothing has changed on my system since, well, ESO was installed.
Arcanus Magus
Chrysamere Pact
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    The launcher works perfectly now. I have no idea what changed. Spooky.
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. It needs about 25 seconds to show me the Play Button.

Some days before it took only 3 seconds. What is this? Does somebody have a solution? I heard something about deactivating VMware network adapters. I deactivated all, but this does not help. Very annoying. :(
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just set up a new computer so had to reinstall the game to it ( windows 10) I am now having this issue the launcher takes a long time to load. When i do get play the game itself loads super fast though.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto. In some cases, to get to the game fast, I've had to open it from eso.exe in the program folder.

It's now a shortcut on my desktop. No idea why it takes so long for Play to show up, especially if I have had to exit the game due to another error.
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

An ongoing discussion about this topic already exists. For the sake of keeping feedback consolidated, we are closing this old thread and ask that you please continue the discussion here.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.