The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can new sets (i.e. Phoenix) be improved??

Daishichi
Daishichi
✭✭✭
I'm saving up Tel Var stones to grab a set of Phoenix armor...the armorer at my alliance base sells it as Superior (blue) for 1000 TVS's each, and apparently at whatever level I'm at.

Once I buy it, can I use tannins to improve each item up to Epic (purple) or Legendary (gold)?

I heard that there is a purple version out there for 10,000 TVS's each, but I'm not sure where that can be bought.
Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
Xbox One NA
Grand Master Crafter
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats bought right next to the regular vendor. Yes you can upgrade these to purple/gold if you choose. The ones for 10k TV are actually vr16 versions and the ones for 1k are vr15 versions of the sets when you get to max level. This is why there is a price difference :)
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • murtugo
    murtugo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it can be improved to purple or gold.

You can buy the v16 purple version at the IC sewer right at your base.
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the helpful responses!
    aco5712 wrote: »
    The ones for 10k TV are actually vr16 versions and the ones for 1k are vr15 versions of the sets when you get to max level. This is why there is a price difference :)

I get it now...blue stuff is "tailored to your level and veteran rank, up to Veteran Rank 15" (as described by the Lockbox merchant). I already thought 10x the price was a bit silly for blue to purple, but now it sounds like the 16s are being punished for being maxed out.

[img][/img]Phoenix%20Set%201_zpsq2bgkprq.jpg

Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save your stones and craft your own sets.

Phoenix is useless.

Like, really useless.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski - Useless is a bit harsh,

It give you a very nice spell damage bonus which can be compared to martial knowledge except it is VR16,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 5th piece is useless.

Martial knowledge has spell damage x2.

Phoenix 4 piece is comparable to magnus which is craftable so it's free. Which you may as well go with as phoenix only has impenetrable if I'm not mistaken. One or two is fine for pvp, but you want some others in there. Plus you have options regarding light, medium or heavy as well as look.

Honestly, I can only see people running phoenix if they've not researched traits and they're levelling.

If you can craft or at end game, you have way better options.
  • Kurobara
    Kurobara
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    The 5th piece is useless.

Martial knowledge has spell damage x2.

Phoenix 4 piece is comparable to magnus which is craftable so it's free. Which you may as well go with as phoenix only has impenetrable if I'm not mistaken. One or two is fine for pvp, but you want some others in there. Plus you have options regarding light, medium or heavy as well as look.

Honestly, I can only see people running phoenix if they've not researched traits and they're levelling.

If you can craft or at end game, you have way better options.

If you buy the lockbox version of the armor you get a random piece with a random trait, my first was shoulders of the pheonix with devines. Whilst it might not be the meta I personally love the pheonix set, I've ended up winning some 1vx thanks to it.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But you could spend 8k tel Var stones 5 times over and get worthless traits or dupes.

Why not buy 80 mats towards crafting vet 16 torug's, magnus, seducer etc in a trait you want.

I've not lost any 1v1 fight when someone is using it. Just move back, reapply shields and hit them with a big attack as soon as they get that tiny bit of health back.

I've not noticed one vet 16 use it. There are mich better options.

Honestly, magica users got shafted with these sets.
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be ideal for V16s and/or PvPers, but I did end up getting the Phoenix set (Level 8 Superior [blue], so just 5k TV)...and, despite conflicting reports, it heals me for 14k+ health, which is full health for my Sorcerer. It's a straight-up extra life...an incomparable bonus, I think. So far it has mostly served to inform me that I underestimated an enemy and need to switch strategies.
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    It is fun but unless you have friendlies around you most likely the heal is not going to save you and as mentioned they just reroot/snare you, back away and kill you.

It is also glitched at least on VET/NON VET 4 man dungeons if you die you will get perma stuck and have to reload and travel back to your group. This causes the entire group to have to wait for you to get back.

I ended up taking off the 5th piece so we could finish Elden Hollow.

Doesn't seem to do that anywhere else so far.

I hope they get new magikca based TV stone armor options down the line..

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daishichi wrote: »
    It may not be ideal for V16s and/or PvPers, but I did end up getting the Phoenix set (Level 8 Superior [blue], so just 5k TV)...and, despite conflicting reports, it heals me for 14k+ health, which is full health for my Sorcerer. It's a straight-up extra life...an incomparable bonus, I think. So far it has mostly served to inform me that I underestimated an enemy and need to switch strategies.

At lower levels it's ok. It's cheap, main reason.

Was it in pvp it was giving you that much health. You will be battle levelled at that level.
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    Just in PvE so far, haven't tried it in Cyrodil / IC. Good to know about all the concerns you folks have raised; I might try it out early in the next dungeon my group does to see if that glitch is still in effect.
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter