The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Long Load Time and Lag in Rivenspire

deadlyhuwe
This is been happening for a few days. There is no lag on other areas. All my DC characters are experiencing it though.
I will include my name since it may be just my account experiencing it.

My PSN name is : Junkballoon
  • deadlyhuwe
    My mistake, thats my XB1 account. My Psn is:
    Frankassissi
  • darkest_shadow
    darkest_shadow
    Soul Shriven
    Earlier today I wasn't experiencing it, but Im having the same issue now. It happened before but I didn't really pay much attention to it since I was just passing by on another character.
  • Straygos
    Straygos
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, Rivenspire is unplayable. Don't know what's going on but I am trying to level up another character and this has been a giant pain in the ass. Having to go to either lower level zones or higher level zones, both which mean slow progress.

At one point I reset the whole game 3 times before I could even start the game and then even playing it takes up to a full two seconds for the game to respond to controller commands. I cast spells and 2 seconds later they happen. Hope this gets fixed soon.
  • Jasirus
    Jasirus
    Yup can't get into Rivenspire also. Times out when trying to port there on PS4
  • TX11
    TX11
    ✭✭✭
    it loads in for me after about 5 mins however the actual input is very delayed
  • altronsfub14_ESO
    altronsfub14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My load times are around 15 minutes. around 50% of the time, I lag out and have to log back in... So frustrating trying to level in this zone. It's been like this this the last patch for me and no other zone seems to have this issue.
  • Guarded_Knight
    Guarded_Knight
    Soul Shriven
    I have also started questing on a lower level character. It takes about 5 to 15 minutes to log into Rivenspire. Fighting enemies is extremely difficult because of the delay from when you press a button to when you see that action happen. All other areas have worked fine for me even in the Imperial City.

and this is from the daggerfall alliance non vet zone just in case a dev reads this and wants to ask.

Any response to this from a dev would be much appreciated by all of us.
  • will324
    will324
    Soul Shriven
    Had this happen to me today thought it was my internet being laggy but good to see its not took about 5 minutes for it to load when i travelled there and now trying to log in with my charector that is there its been about the same amount of time
  • Ammogirl1119
    I am on Xbox one and found this thread by googling load time for Rivenspire. I thought it was an Internet problem on my end but I guess not! I am also playing in Daggerfall Covenant and non-vet and have been having this problem all weekend. The load time and the lag time with the commands make it unplayable!!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening to all of us. 30 minute load times to get into Rivenspire, minimum (and that's if you can get in at all). I want to craft some set armour from there, but can't get to it.

I have 2 characters in Shornhelm that I can't access, unless I get up at 5:30am and then the load time is a small 12 minutes. I got one of them out of Rivenspire, but the other has their daily writs in Shornhelm - so a lot of early mornings to look forward to!! They won't fix this anytime soon I don't think. I think it might have something to do with the popularity of Shornhelm.
  • silentstoner
    Yup Xbox same issues took 20mins to load
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. XB1 just made it to Rivenspire in Cadwalls Silver.

It's odd it affects just that one area. Any theories?
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Load times are so long I disconnect
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • Boyar
    Boyar
    Soul Shriven
    I hope they will fix it during today's server maintenance...i cannot play since few days because of this lag. Its a pity that none from Z answered to all those posts...
  • Boyar
    Boyar
    Soul Shriven
    Just received e-mail from eso Support :

Hi again,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited support team. My name is Rico. I am sorry you have encountered this type of the issue. I know how frustrating it must be.

The issue with Rivenspire was solved. You should be able to play now.

Soo...It should be working now. Need to check after work
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here, Rivenspire was a nightmare yesterday for load times
  • TX11
    TX11
    ✭✭✭
    this is not fixed I have currently been loading into rivenspire on ps4 for the last 9 mins and still loading
  • Mhylton44142
    Mhylton44142
    ✭✭
    I guess I will move on to Alik'r Desert for side quests or work on leveling up my healer till they get this fixed...too bad
  • LoSnupo
    LoSnupo
    ✭✭
    I've played some MMO's from 2004 and i've never seen something like this.
    The game is pretty nice but support from Zenimax is worst of the worst: they fix 1 thing, they break 3.
    Guild banks almost unaccessible, Guild stores not showing prices, Rivenspire, well, everyone knows what is happening in Rivenspire...
    Well, i will not renew my ESO plus: my char is at end of Stormhaven and i don't dare to enter Rivenspire.
    Edited by LoSnupo on September 28, 2015 6:27PM
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I popped into Rivenspire tonight before logging off and it seemed OK. Maybe they found the issue. I gathered some galatite and ash while there because I just hit V4.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has commented in the other Rivenspire thread that they know about it and are fixing it
  • kali79
    kali79
    Soul Shriven
    I've just quested into rivenspire. Got a long load message (took about 8 minutes) then lag in game was terrible! I found fighting damned near impossible and greatly confusing and has given me new found appreciation for the rest of locations in eso as they don't lag!
    I'm quitting questing in rivenspire until they get this sorted out.
    Nightmare
  • Eolas_Solais
    Eolas_Solais
    Soul Shriven
    Devs, what's going on and when are you gonna fix it? I may as well start a boycott on the game; have loads of people quit.
  • Minibuns
    Minibuns
    In rivenspire now lag is ridiculous. Load time at least 10 min. Lag in moves bad which means your gonna die. Unplayable zone.
  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone,

There is currently another discussion thread for this issue located here. We encourage you to add feedback or additional comments to that thread. Thank you for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.