Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo Wiping EP inside Their Keep + Sewer PvP/Vr.16 Sorcerer

• Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOLTERITY wrote: »
    Xeven wrote: »
    We're all tired of this game I think. It has so much potential which is why we are so passionate about it.

I'm not mad, but I won't let anyone deny CP is a raw hard numbers advantage. I have 290 CP, and that is a huge advantage over someone with 150. You have OVER DOUBLE that. You will absolutely crush a 150 CP player, even if he is highly skilled.

I have a problem with that. That is broken.

idk why man... but im getting this feeling that u are not understanding what im saying... let me say it again: CP IS NOT GIVING ANY KIND OF INSANE NOR LARGE ADVANTAGE AT ALLLLLL. i can fight with 100 cp and beat som1 with 1k cp, without any problems at allll, im saying this because i have the cp and we did the testing with another friend who even has more cp than i do, it is absolutely not as it was back in 1.6, the advantage isnt as great as back then, right now, the advantage is sooooo minor, the only way to gain an advantage, and where it would be visible, i'd say is if u want to run a gank build with a lot of weapon damage stacked and about 500 or 600 cp, u can pull off a 16k snipe, but thats like literally the only way.

CP is percentage based as u know, and the percentage is added from ur base stats, so when ur base stats low, and ur damage gets lower and ur mitigation gets lower (like all that stuff, soooo much lower), the percentage increase from the cp is just like a very thin layer of icing on a cake. i beg u to stop whining about cp and how its giving a great unbelievable advantage...
    "cp is NOT hard numbers, its percentages that r based off ur original stats, which got nerfed to the very bottom of the floor... " untill u hit about 1.5k or 2k cp, no clear advantage will be felt... and im sayin that not because of the percentage bonus from the cp trees, but because of the additional max stats u will have, which will result in another, little more damage...

Really? Then why did you grind 700cp? You said it yourself.

Let me just tell others what 700cp buys you, just so they know how disingenuous youre being.

16% reduced spell cost
    25% magicka regeneration
    12% max stamina

Thats just 200 cp, lets keep going...

24% increased shields
    16% reduced elemental damage taken (including shields)
    16% reduced magic damage taken (including shields)
    12% max health

Thats 400 cp... Were not done yet.

25% increased magic damage
    25% increased crit damage
    12% max magicka

Thats 600 cp. I'll stop there, short of your 700 cp without even mentioning the passives because well, I've made my point loud and clear.

k then, let me tell ya why i grinded, it was because, i thought it was gonna actually make a difference in 1.7 but it absolutely did not!! and btw u just literally confirmed what i said: IT IS PERCENTAGES DUDE!!! percentages are based off of ur god damn original stats, WHEN UR STATS ARE LOW to BEGIN WITH,, ALL THESE AMAZING LOOKING PERCENTAGES DONT COUNT FOR NOTHING!! the bonus u get is very very low, and reduced elemental damage and magic damage... forget all that crap for a sorcerer, a sorc relies on his shields only...all that reduction barely counts for annything right now.... u honestly just are not getting it are u... its all percentagessssssssss(not solid hard fixed numbers), im not sure if u are understanding what that means at all -.- all i really actually can admit to getting, is an extra 1 or 1.3k max magika, health and stam, which is like WOOOOW sooooo much, and soooo worth the 3 week grind for sure.... i would rather have 400 cp and enjoy 2 more weeks of 1.6

The only important 3 trees for a sorc, are Theurmaturge/Magica reduction/regen/Bastion

u need like 350cp to have most of that and ur good, all that came after that, felt like nothing but a very very slight and small bonus that could not be realized in 1.7

I'm not just talking about us sorcs. How many more of these videos do you think you will be making when everyone is running around winth -25% magic damage on top of -50% damage from battle spirit.

CP is killing this game.
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    We're all tired of this game I think. It has so much potential which is why we are so passionate about it.

I'm not mad, but I won't let anyone deny CP is a raw hard numbers advantage. I have 290 CP, and that is a huge advantage over someone with 150. You have OVER DOUBLE that. You will absolutely crush a 150 CP player, even if he is highly skilled.

I have a problem with that. That is broken.

idk why man... but im getting this feeling that u are not understanding what im saying... let me say it again: CP IS NOT GIVING ANY KIND OF INSANE NOR LARGE ADVANTAGE AT ALLLLLL. i can fight with 100 cp and beat som1 with 1k cp, without any problems at allll, im saying this because i have the cp and we did the testing with another friend who even has more cp than i do, it is absolutely not as it was back in 1.6, the advantage isnt as great as back then, right now, the advantage is sooooo minor, the only way to gain an advantage, and where it would be visible, i'd say is if u want to run a gank build with a lot of weapon damage stacked and about 500 or 600 cp, u can pull off a 16k snipe, but thats like literally the only way.

CP is percentage based as u know, and the percentage is added from ur base stats, so when ur base stats low, and ur damage gets lower and ur mitigation gets lower (like all that stuff, soooo much lower), the percentage increase from the cp is just like a very thin layer of icing on a cake. i beg u to stop whining about cp and how its giving a great unbelievable advantage...
    "cp is NOT hard numbers, its percentages that r based off ur original stats, which got nerfed to the very bottom of the floor... " untill u hit about 1.5k or 2k cp, no clear advantage will be felt... and im sayin that not because of the percentage bonus from the cp trees, but because of the additional max stats u will have, which will result in another, little more damage...

Really? Then why did you grind 700cp? You said it yourself.

Let me just tell others what 700cp buys you, just so they know how disingenuous youre being.

16% reduced spell cost
    25% magicka regeneration
    12% max stamina

Thats just 200 cp, lets keep going...

24% increased shields
    16% reduced elemental damage taken (including shields)
    16% reduced magic damage taken (including shields)
    12% max health

Thats 400 cp... Were not done yet.

25% increased magic damage
    25% increased crit damage
    12% max magicka

Thats 600 cp. I'll stop there, short of your 700 cp without even mentioning the passives because well, I've made my point loud and clear.

k then, let me tell ya why i grinded, it was because, i thought it was gonna actually make a difference in 1.7 but it absolutely did not!! and btw u just literally confirmed what i said: IT IS PERCENTAGES DUDE!!! percentages are based off of ur god damn original stats, WHEN UR STATS ARE LOW to BEGIN WITH,, ALL THESE AMAZING LOOKING PERCENTAGES DONT COUNT FOR NOTHING!! the bonus u get is very very low, and reduced elemental damage and magic damage... forget all that crap for a sorcerer, a sorc relies on his shields only...all that reduction barely counts for annything right now.... u honestly just are not getting it are u... its all percentagessssssssss(not solid hard fixed numbers), im not sure if u are understanding what that means at all -.- all i really actually can admit to getting, is an extra 1 or 1.3k max magika, health and stam, which is like WOOOOW sooooo much, and soooo worth the 3 week grind for sure.... i would rather have 400 cp and enjoy 2 more weeks of 1.6

The only important 3 trees for a sorc, are Theurmaturge/Magica reduction/regen/Bastion

u need like 350cp to have most of that and ur good, all that came after that, felt like nothing but a very very slight and small bonus that could not be realized in 1.7

I'm not just talking about us sorcs. How many more of these videos do you think you will be making when everyone is running around winth -25% magic damage on top of -50% damage from battle spirit.

CP is killing this game.

id say mayb for new players, but its gonna balance out when they hit 300+ the average right now s about 350+ so its fine for most ppl, but new ppl will suffer till 300, even though when they hit 300 every1 will be at around 600 or 700, every1 will be fairly around the same strength bcus after a certain point, u stop gaining more damage u know... and tbh i coudlnt care less about mitigation because ppl already dont hit for nothing, i can already tank a large group like a tank when im not, bcus of how bad damage is right now
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
    youtube.com/dashboard?o=U
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    The TLDR Xeven is that battle spirit makes the increases from additional CP more marginal in 1.7 than they were in 1.6 for PvP.

In hindsight, the hours grinding CP was not worth it for the marginal PvP gains when Bolt could have been having fun.

No need to call him disingenuous, he was merely trying to express his opinion from experience.

I btw agree that CP was an unnecessary stop-gap to make up for lack of content release.

Plus I have seen Bolt reckt players with double his CP when he had 200 cp duelling 400cp guys. Out of all the builds, bolts build with 2 active abilities each bar really doesn't benefit hugely from CP investment after the first 300-400 due to pets damage only scaling off max magica.
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bro, im not sure why u r mad, but u gotta know, every1 by now has 300+ cp, most sorcerers max out there shields first... so

I have 189. I play maybe an hour or two a night because I do have a wife and 2 children. And I usually just do PvP. It's pretty hard to catch up to the CP average on this play schedule.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »

bro, im not sure why u r mad, but u gotta know, every1 by now has 300+ cp, most sorcerers max out there shields first... so

I have 189. I play maybe an hour or two a night because I do have a wife and 2 children. And I usually just do PvP. It's pretty hard to catch up to the CP average on this play schedule.

Same here, I had to push my free time to get to 220, even then though I just insta-die from stun+spam attack. 1.6 made us sorcs squishy as hell, now the damage is nerfed. Im just not finding any merit in playing anymore when cheap players can kill you in 3 hits and have over 40k health. Here I am trying to keep the skills I like trying to balance sustain and plausible damage.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »

Same here, I had to push my free time to get to 220, even then though I just insta-die from stun+spam attack. 1.6 made us sorcs squishy as hell, now the damage is nerfed. Im just not finding any merit in playing anymore when cheap players can kill you in 3 hits and have over 40k health. Here I am trying to keep the skills I like trying to balance sustain and plausible damage.

ye omg this 40k health thing, is such a stupid move by them, the gave all the veteran level players the option to turn on battle scaling, which was only available for non veteran players to keep up with the veterans, and now even the veterans can have it, so u end up running into too many clueless veteran players, the just dont die because of how much health they got.... ridiculous
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »

yep true, even though i have 670cp, i hoenslty do just like, i srsly just cant find time or give time to play the game anymore, bcus it isnt even fun, im rlly barely pulling off any kind of damage and it really bores me, that the only way to go now, is to group with som1...or get zerged
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    Enjoy this little video guys, The EP wipe is in the second half of the video.

I have also uploaded this video before, but because of music claims, i was forced to replace the first song, (which was edited perfectly with the game play) with another two songs. sry about that :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FdHJaC8cGo

Lol we got rekt (first part sewer, wasn't part of whatever that keep mess was) :(

We got you back though :P
    Edited by lifefrombelowb14_ESO on September 30, 2015 4:14AM
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good stuff Bolt!

Neqamancer | Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Good stuff Bolt!

*** u dude, we're not pvping no more bcus u want to get emp or do other random boring crap... now im 2 busy again to play :(
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Gunphu
    Gunphu
    ✭✭✭
    Nice.

I dont see how 300ish more cp justifies his ability to take on several players who average 300 CP at the same time. Not to mention he is using VR12 gear and a CPs advantagous percentages scale based on your gear. He is missing out on a crap ton of magicka/damage based on enchants alone.

I understand your views on CP I I just do not agree with them.

Edited by Gunphu on September 30, 2015 6:24PM
  • Erudition
    Erudition
    ✭✭✭
    Nice vid Bolt.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what if he has more CP, hes taking on multiple enemies and these would far exceed his cp advantage when coupled together.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your not a red with a million k of magicka so that makes a change.

• Force-Siphon
    Force-Siphon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great vid bolt!!!!
    The one and only Force Siphon - PVP Sorc NA
    1 man zerg

twitch.tv/forcesiphon
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt, I wasn't trying to be abrasive, I already know you are a skilled player, but since you brought it up...

You do have 660 CP, which means you have 6 of the best stars maxed out, or maybe 4 stars with some CP distributed between others, it doesn't really matter.

You cannot deny that this is a massive advantage you poses over others with much less CP, and it has nothing to do with your skill level. It's just a hard numbers advantage, as if you are playing with a stacked deck, or an extra queen in chess.

oh ya ur right, so for example, every1's frags hit about 4-6k and i hit 5-8k!! i feel soo much stronger....

tbh man, i honestly seriously, regret spending my last 3 weeks of 1.6 grinding out this cp, because i can say this with 100% confidence, that the cp did not give me or make me feel at all in any way stronger than any1 or that i have some kind of advantage at all...(the damage boost, is just like its not even there -.- ) i rlly feel like i should have had spent my time enjoying 1.6 while it lasted instead... it was a total waste... the damage nerf was just tooooo great to give any1 any kind of chance to pull off decent damage with or without cp.

You're talking about damage given. What about damage taken? What about your regen? Your shields? Your ability cost?

I'm losing respect for you the more you keep talking.

To be fair. I have 51 CP (153 CP in total) and i've bested Bolt a couple times. CP is nice but it's not make or break.
    Invictus
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Bolt, I wasn't trying to be abrasive, I already know you are a skilled player, but since you brought it up...

You do have 660 CP, which means you have 6 of the best stars maxed out, or maybe 4 stars with some CP distributed between others, it doesn't really matter.

You cannot deny that this is a massive advantage you poses over others with much less CP, and it has nothing to do with your skill level. It's just a hard numbers advantage, as if you are playing with a stacked deck, or an extra queen in chess.

oh ya ur right, so for example, every1's frags hit about 4-6k and i hit 5-8k!! i feel soo much stronger....

tbh man, i honestly seriously, regret spending my last 3 weeks of 1.6 grinding out this cp, because i can say this with 100% confidence, that the cp did not give me or make me feel at all in any way stronger than any1 or that i have some kind of advantage at all...(the damage boost, is just like its not even there -.- ) i rlly feel like i should have had spent my time enjoying 1.6 while it lasted instead... it was a total waste... the damage nerf was just tooooo great to give any1 any kind of chance to pull off decent damage with or without cp.

You're talking about damage given. What about damage taken? What about your regen? Your shields? Your ability cost?

To be fair. I have 51 CP (153 CP in total) and i've bested Bolt a couple times. CP is nice but it's not make or break.

wise words my freind xD although idk about u besting me but its cool either ways xD
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wise words my freind xD although idk about u besting me but its cool either ways xD

Fair enough. i don't upload vids or stream, so... yeah. might wanna start tho, could be fun. :)

Anyways. it's nice to hear i'm not the only one who opted to stick with my 1.6 gear rather than upgrade.
    Edited by Lucky28 on October 4, 2015 5:43PM
    Invictus
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭

Fair enough. i don't upload vids or stream, so... yeah. might wanna start tho, could be fun. :)

Anyways. it's nice to hear i'm not the only one who opted to stick with my 1.6 gear rather than upgrade.

Mind telling me ur display name of the character u fought me on? Im just kinda curious haha ;)
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mind telling me ur display name of the character u fought me on? Im just kinda curious haha ;)

Magister Erebus and Magisterious. haven't ran into in a while on my first. Did run into a couple days back on my second character (Magisterious) you and someone else a bit outside of EP base, you guys got me but i put up a fight. B)

EDIT: mostly been in Memorial (on Azura)
    Edited by Lucky28 on October 4, 2015 5:53PM
    Invictus