The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console - Item set bonuses not working in cyrodil

Shilling
Shilling
✭✭✭
What has happened in the imperial city update, my veteran character used to have 20k health and 25k stamina and 10k magicka and my item bonus sets actually worked in cyrodil but now after the Imperial city update my veteran characters get the same buffs as my non veteran characters and I can't one shot anyone anymore and gear set bonuses are useless because they don't apply properly for example my nights silence set is meant to give me 150 stamina recovery but it only adds 11 recovery to my stats... Is this a battle level? Anyone else feeling that this is ruining PVP for them? A veteran rank 1 should not have the same damage and health as a veteran rank 16. Please get rid of this change, there shouldnt be any buffs to veteran players in PVP at all.
Edited by Shilling on September 28, 2015 9:31PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shilling wrote: »
    What has happened in the imperial city update, my veteran character used to have 20k health and 25k stamina and 10k magicka and my item bonus sets actually worked in cyrodil but now after the Imperial city update my veteran characters get the same buffs as my non veteran characters and I can't one shot anyone anymore and gear set bonuses are useless because they don't apply properly for example my nights silence set is meant to give me 150 stamina recovery but it only adds 11 recovery to my stats... Is this a battle level? Anyone else feeling that this is ruining PVP for them? A veteran rank 1 should not have the same damage and health as a veteran rank 16. Please get rid of this change, there shouldnt be any buffs to veteran players in PVP at all.

Battle leveling now goes up to VR14, yes.
  • Shilling
    Shilling
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Shilling wrote: »

Battle leveling now goes up to VR14, yes.

So when I get to VR15 all my stats will go back to how they used to be (no change to stats when inside or outside cyrodil) and my gear set bonuses will apply and I can one shot people again?
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah when you reach level 15 your stats will be normal again, but is very hard to one shot people with the 50% damage reduction
  • Shilling
    Shilling
    ✭✭✭
    Gerardopg wrote: »
    Yeah when you reach level 15 your stats will be normal again, but is very hard to one shot people with the 50% damage reduction

So does the buff nerf us or buff us because at V15 my gear stats will apply so will I be more powerful at V15 without the buff or will I be more powerful at V12 with the buff?
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Edited by Shilling on September 28, 2015 10:28PM
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was a good post on this topic. It is in reference to battle leveling in Non-Vet BWB, but I believe the battle leveling applies the same in Vet Campaigns. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/217748/non-vet-pvp-battle-leveling-and-you-a-hopefully-helpful-guide#latest

Basically if you are below VR14 and have battle leveling on you will have the following stats:

29,474 Health.
    16,757 Magicka and Stamina.
    399 Health Recovery.
    618 Magicka and Stamina Recovery.
    1381 Spell and Weapon Damage.
    10% Spell and Weapon Crit.
    8978 Spell and Physical Resistance.

Most gear wont really effect your stats much with battle level on such as set bonuses and armor/jewelry enchants.

Beyond this there was a 50% damage reduction, so I think the one-shot days are over.

What to take away from this:
    1) Battle leveling gives players alot more health than most builds typically run with. Battle Leveled players will most like have 10k more health than most non battle leveled VR14+leveled players who spec all attributes into Mag or Stam, It almost seems like vet 16's prefer to fight other vet 15/16 players because they typically have less health. Battle Leveled players are like a damage sponge with their high health pools.

2) Battle Leveled players seem to be the equivalent of hybrid builds with attributes split evenly between mag and stam. They have a decent amount of each, but are not able to push their mag/stam pools much higher than 16,757 (exception would be food buffs) You get battle leveled to Vet 14, however you have no control of your attributes, and they are automatically distributed with the majority into health, and equal parts into mag and stam.

3) When you are a high enough level to turn battle leveling off your health will go down (unless you have alot of points in health), but if you spec all into stam or mag your damage should increase because you should be able to significantly exceed the battle leveled stats in max stam/mag and weapon/spell damage

4) Basically PvP appears to be very watered down for players that are not VR14+, and your ability to customize your characters is very limited since gear doesn't have much of an effect.

I am curious as to whether turning battle level off at mid/upper vet levels would be advantageous (Say Vet 7-13) and plan on doing some testing

Edited by MrTarkanian48 on September 29, 2015 8:39PM
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Shilling
    Shilling
    ✭✭✭
    This was a good post on this topic. It is in reference to battle leveling in Non-Vet BWB, but I believe the battle leveling applies the same in Vet Campaigns. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/217748/non-vet-pvp-battle-leveling-and-you-a-hopefully-helpful-guide#latest

Basically if you are below VR14 and have battle leveling on you will have the following stats:

29,474 Health.
    16,757 Magicka and Stamina.
    399 Health Recovery.
    618 Magicka and Stamina Recovery.
    1381 Spell and Weapon Damage.
    10% Spell and Weapon Crit.
    8978 Spell and Physical Resistance.

Most gear wont really effect your stats much with battle level on such as set bonuses and armor/jewelry enchants.

Beyond this there was a 50% damage reduction, so I think the one-shot days are over.

What to take away from this:
    1) Battle leveling gives players alot more health than most builds typically run with. Battle Leveled players will most like have 10k more health than most non battle leveled VR14+leveled players who spec all attributes into Mag or Stam, It almost seems like vet 16's prefer to fight other vet 15/16 players because they typically have less health. Battle Leveled players are like a damage sponge with their high health pools.

2) Battle Leveled players seem to be the equivalent of hybrid builds with attributes split evenly between mag and stam. They have a decent amount of each, but are not able to push their mag/stam pools much higher than 16,757 (exception would be food buffs) You get battle leveled to Vet 14, however you have no control of your attributes, and they are automatically distributed with the majority into health, and equal parts into mag and stam.

3) When you are a high enough level to turn battle leveling off your health will go down (unless you have alot of points in health), but if you spec all into stam or mag your damage should increase because you should be able to significantly exceed the battle leveled stats in max stam/mag and weapon/spell damage

4) Basically PvP appears to be very watered down for players that are not VR14+, and your ability to customize your characters is very limited since gear doesn't have much of an effect.

I am curious as to whether turning battle level off at mid/upper vet levels would be advantageous (Say Vet 7-13) and plan on doing some testing

Thanks a bunch for clearing all this up for me, makes sense now!