The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Imperial city prison - veteran - Ps4 - difficulty & help

Winterpsy
Winterpsy
✭✭✭
Hello,

Twice we tried in various days this dungeon, with various teams of Vr16s. All guild mates, with excellent voice chat, and very good skills, (Vet DSA per-patch)
and quality although not yet new tier equipment (the best what's available for vr14s). Champion points are between 100-200 individually.

Both times we spent over 4 hours in, but we could not get past the second boss, Ibomez the Fleshsculptor.
We even checked a couple of streams to see the tactics, to no avail.
One Dps was blowing up the prisoners, tank is tanking the boss, the rest are trying to burn down the flesh attronach before it goes raging.

Sadly, we could not squeeze out enough damage from our team to kill the attronachs in time (usually one sorc and the healer is fighting it, and the tank joins once the boss occupies himself by the pool, 2nd dps is the one throwing the granades). Various team mates tried using the bombs, but it's kind of difficult with the controller.

What are your experience with this place fellow consolers?
Any good tactics for this place?

It's getting infuriating. Sometimes I wondered if this place was designed to be tackleable only with vr16 equipment and over 300 CPs.

Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • frenchyuk86
    frenchyuk86
    ✭✭✭
    We did this the other day when it was the pledge. We are all vet 16 in vet 16 gear. Cp was 350 on one 250+ on two and the last on 200. It was solid, during the second boss we ignored the adds and burnt down the atranochs whilst using the bombs on them. We felt it damaged them a little bit enabling us to burn them down. Once they were down focus on boss. Took us insane amount of time

Just to add we did it on vet 3 and still failed to.do the gold key. The dungeons are stupidly hard, we did vet dsa just before and hit a 20k score then attempted this on vet 3 and failed. Gg zos.
    Frenchyuk86 - PSN
    Vet 14 DragonKnight
    The Forlorn Hope Main Tank
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please- stop calling for nerfs, just keep trying. It´s meant to be hard like that. There are ppl who did it and now farm these dungeons. So it should be doable with 250+ CP.
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, for our team it was numerically impossible to tackle it with our current equipment and CPs. Wish it was only a matter of trying and practice.
    Like I said, we could not juice out enough damage to burn down the attros quickly enough, despite we used dots, burst, ultis, anim cancelling, whatever. Mostly two players were dps-ing the attros, and once the boss was busy making the next one, the tank joined too. The third dps was constantly bombing the prisoners.

We'll try though this bombing down the attronachs thingy.

IT should be doable with 250+ CPs. Yet on consoles a minority reached that sum yet.
    The difficulty was adjusted to PC avarage CPs it seems. :/

• Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, we tried it last time with me (tank) ans one DPS doing the atro, the boss takes damage by AE only and one DPS +Heal where throwing bombs all time. You must throw on the atros to keep em debuffed (!) At last the DD had to less DPS (around 10k) and my Damage was sth around 2-4k. We recognized that we must quit and come back when our DPS fits. I raised a Nightblade to V16 now and am now tanking with her making by far bigegr DPS while tanking now. I have 240CPs now, V15 HistBark and V14 Footmen in Combination.
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Apokh wrote: »
    Hmm, we tried it last time with me (tank) ans one DPS doing the atro, the boss takes damage by AE only and one DPS +Heal where throwing bombs all time. You must throw on the atros to keep em debuffed (!) At last the DD had to less DPS (around 10k) and my Damage was sth around 2-4k. We recognized that we must quit and come back when our DPS fits. I raised a Nightblade to V16 now and am now tanking with her making by far bigegr DPS while tanking now. I have 240CPs now, V15 HistBark and V14 Footmen in Combination.

Hang on a second! The puke-bombs have some effect on the Attros too? You mentioned they are debuffed by them?
    This is something totally new to me, and havent even noticed it in the video guides.

Can you describe it further what happened to the attros when they were hit by those bombs?
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss
    Winterpsy wrote: »

Hang on a second! The puke-bombs have some effect on the Attros too? You mentioned they are debuffed by them?
    This is something totally new to me, and havent even noticed it in the video guides.

Can you describe it further what happened to the attros when they were hit by those bombs?
    What faction and server on you for ps4? I can either do AD or DC and I'm fully v16 geared with over 250 champ points
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Winterpsy wrote: »

As best as I can tell, the "puke bombs" reduce the armor and spell resist of the flesh atronachs, making them take more damage. So you can kill them before they enrage. With high enough DPS, it might not be needed. But I think most groups will need to throw a puke-bomb at the flesh atronach to have a chance.
  • Nikkor
    Nikkor
    ✭✭✭
    Please- stop calling for nerfs, just keep trying. It´s meant to be hard like that. There are ppl who did it and now farm these dungeons. So it should be doable with 250+ CP.

I don't think you know all the details. The only ones that were farming these dungeons were using the re-arming trap
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm under the impression the flesh grenades make the boss and Atros take 30% more damage. You must grenade them occasionally too and not just the adds.

We have a healer guard 1 gate and bomb the adds from it and the atro/boss, 1DD guards the other 2 gates alone, 1DD on atro until burnt down then swaps focus to the boss, tank keeping boss and atro busy.

The healer can use repentance on the prisoner corpses to top up stamina for the team occasionally too. And make sure that if there are no adds around to still throw bombs at the boss/atro - they do decent damage. I've usually get 50-80K DPS as healer there thanks to the constant grenade throwing :)

Good luck! Don't give up! P.s. V16 gear really does make a big difference if you're struggling.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind